Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kratos Defense & Security Solutions President, CEO, and Director Eric M. DeMarco

Eric M. DeMarco

Kratos acquired my company, lost contracts, underbid contracts, and layoffs followed.

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood benefits package. Kratos upper management maintained a hands off approach to acquired companies, for the most part. Talented individuals working as a cohesive team produced great products and services.

ConsNot much job security here. Few contracts were won, and those were underbid, placing excessive burdens on employees to do more with less. The prospect of decreased benefits caused many employees to leave, and layoffs thinned the herd further.

Advice to Senior ManagementA corporate reputation for quality cannot be maintained if quality employees are not retained.

Hot to cold

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible work hours and/or telecommute options depending on your job title. As one of the worker bees in the production department, I was able to work primarily from home as long as work was completed/turned-in on/before deadlines. When contract is "on", its a fast work environment with opportunities to build on skills not necessarily within your job description. Good project management system.

ConsWhen a contract is getting to its' end, you'll find yourself with nothing to do more and more and you could be sitting on "overhead" for weeks until the next project ramped up. This seems to be the norm with most DoD contracting companies, but the wait in between projects became longer (more like months) as Kratos focused more on acquisitions. Instead, there is more of a competitive, low-bid wins contract environment which has lead to heavy layoffs.

Stay Clear of this company

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEmployees who work hard as a team and attempt to support each other.

ConsWork/life balance, lack of resources, lack of ethics in higher management. Everything is about driving the stock price.

Robust work environment, detailed job tasks with good support, feedback, and explanations

Instructional Designer (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTeams are collaborative and tightly run, projects are always on time, intelligent and caring managers

ConsFreedom of creative design can be difficult since they follow templated design strategies, and very tight deadlines.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive everyone a voice, somehow, so each person feels heard and appreciated.

Lack of focus on business as a whole

Dallastown, PA (US)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAgreesive and forward thinking in some of their groups.

ConsSome divisions are not innovative and have short sighted goals that affect long term growth. Some of the companies they have aquired are top heavy in the management ranks and do not operate efficiently. (Too Many Cooks Syndrome)

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at leaning up your organization. Look at what talent you have at executive and management levels and cut the redundencies.

Poor pay, little concern and no support for the regular employee

Applications Developer (Current Employee)
Herndon, VA (US)

I have been working at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

ProsReally can't think of any

ConsNot competitive wages. Little if any employee support from management. I worked at a remote location (not a Kratos facility) but was only a few miles from the regional Kratos headquarters. The manager responsible for the contract I was on never contacted me via email and only visited the site once or twice per year.

Great place to work

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat Medical, Dental, and 401k Benefits. Lots of opportunity to think outside the box.

ConsNone to mention at this time.

Strong company with room to grow and improve on an already solid foundation.

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Newport, DE (US)

I have been working at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

ProsLarge company with a wide reach of territory and products. Solid leadership in many areas.

ConsFor those who do not enjoy the corporate style of business, Kratos may not be the best fit. As the company continues to grow, leadership has done a lot to standardize processes across the board, and there is much more of a large corporation feel than a small business.

Kratos has a good CEO who is trying.

Senior Program Manager (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits and holiday schedule. CEO is very open and tries to keep employees informed.

ConsNo bonus program or stock options for non-management personnel.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better incentive program.

not bad

Quality Inspector (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThey have decent benefits to offer

Conshave a hard time with getting pay increase

Worked for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions CEO Eric M. DeMarco. All 30 reviews are posted anonymously by Kratos Defense & Security Solutions employees.