Kimberly-Clark

Updated 15 September, 2014
3.7

Kimberly-Clark Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Falk
Tom Falk

Pros
  • KC allows for ample growth opportunities and encourages a healthy work-life balance (in 52 reviews)

• There is a lot of great people to learn from (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Too slow, awful performance management system, far too much bureaucracy (in 14 reviews)

• The Field Sales offices do not have as much work-life balance flexibility (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to get experience.

Current Employee - LAN Administrator  in  Neenah, WI (US)
    Current Employee - LAN Administrator in Neenah, WI (US)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Its a great place to work to gain experience. But, its something that you can't move forward and ahead if you are a contractor. There is a lot of people that are willing to help you. There is a great attitude at the company. Management is flexible and open to most ideas.

Cons

Unless your in the union, your thoughts done really matter.There is little room to grow and advance if you are a contractor. A contractor has limited privileges. Many people are willing or ready to retire so there is going to be a lot of turnover for the next couple of years.

Understand how important IT is to the company. Realize that a full-time IT person is vital to any company especially on site support.

blame culture

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

Offered a complete job content, i.e. no endless discussions

Cons

Blame culture, have taken the "honest feedback" too far

Good pay but no challenge

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunities to work across different teams and work collaboratively with others. Great support from more experienced employees. Friendly and helpful staff.

Cons

Instruction and roles were often undefined. Some tasks were repetitive and did not provide challenge. Communication between leadership and team members was not always effective, resulting in job duplication or gaps in work arising.

Discuss ways with team members to ensure they are stretched and challenged. Ensure that have a clear idea of their role and are able to review and assess progress and decisions with the leadership team.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not as good as you might think

Former Employee - Business Development  in  Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Business Development in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

some of senior management seem reasonable.

Cons

Quality of peers aren't very good. Lacks market research. dependent on its success in the past.

Intern

Former Employee - Customer Development
    Former Employee - Customer Development

I worked at Kimberly-Clark as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture, field sales offices are smaller but great young people. great workplace to build professional skills and really understand the business

Cons

lack of information about program before hand,

Truly want you to learn and grow from the experience

innovative and entrepreneur-like Global company with a smaller organization feel, valueing employees and their famlies

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time

Pros

KC has a fast paced culture, one that believes in developing their employees, furthering them in their career path. A strong, stable organization that creates innovative products that make our lives easier. Products that you can be passionate about, a culture that cares about employees and their communities, both locally and internationally.

Cons

As with many larger organizations, can be restructurings that go on regulary. But that actually can be a good thing as well.

does an overall great job in developing teams, listening to employees. Perhaps additional training or support in the beginning.

Great Experience

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

great experience pleasant work environment

Cons

none that i have seen

Great Company

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Roswell, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Roswell, GA (US)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved working. They really train their people in-depth. There are many opportunities for hands-on experiences and leadership.

Cons

It is very difficult to communicate cross-functionally at times. It can also seem a little unorganized at times as well.

N/A

Kimberly-Clark has great brands, passionate people and prides itself on work-life balance.

Current Employee - Senior Category Development Analyst  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Category Development Analyst in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for less than a year

Pros

K-C has great brands and is respected in the CPG industry. They pay really well and we have access to a number of different tools to help us do our jobs. K-C really prides itself on work-life balance allowing employees to have flexible schedules or work locations.

Cons

As with any company, if you don't want to relocate there may be limited opportunities for advancement in certain areas. Although they pay well up front, annual merit increases tend to be very minimal. Sometimes the amount of information and tools available can actually be overwhelming and difficult to sort through to find what you need.

Compensating us as ONE National team as opposed to individual teams would break down the collaboration barriers that we currently face. Individual customer teams are reluctant to share with others as they feel like they are in competition with them. My previous employer changed their compensation structure in this manner and after the first year of some discomfort everyone really began to come together as ONE team under the premise of ONE team, ONE number! We need to stop competing with ourselves and come together to compete with other companies!

Great people, interesting work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Neenah, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI (US)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

KC has been a great company to learn about Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Marketing and the interconnectedness of a global business. I have thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers, appreciate the relative work-life balance, commitment to employee wellness and strong ethical culture. The candid, supportive nature of my team has helped me improve as an employee and as a person giving me experience that I can apply outside of the work place as well. I can hardly think of a better company to begin my career with.

Cons

The location is not always my favorite, but it certainly isn't bad if you like smaller towns. The current compensation structure tends to be encouraging a promote up or leave type culture.

Expecting more and paying average does not always work well when trying to retain "top talent"

Worked for Kimberly-Clark? Contribute to the Community!