Kimberly-Clark

www.kimberly-clark.com
Employer Engaged

great place to work!!

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

great incentives, nice work environment, good work/life balance

Cons

a lots of meetings,

working at kimberly

Current Employee - SAP FI Consultant in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - SAP FI Consultant in Pune (India)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free environment. KC and HULJV

Cons

Good company, dictatorial approach by senior management. ego hurts KC culture by HUL people.

Great marketing internship experience

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

- Steep learning curve and a lot of exposure to the FMCG industry in which many marketing students would like to experience it
    - I was given quite a fair bit of freedom to do what I want and to provide suggestions to improve the brand while at the same time, receive guidance from my brand manager.
    - Get to meet with different agencies who work with us closely thus a good way of forming good networks with them
    - family oriented environment whereby everyone work closely with each other

Cons

I was just an intern so there was nothing bad about it

- Eventually, staffs may leave and the HR needs to go through rounds and rounds of interview. Think long-term rather than short-term by converting potential intern who show keen interest to work for the company. Their keen interest is not something that can be develop over a long time and that they are willing to stay long term for the company.

operations manager

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

develop people, care people,, safety standard, good benefit, clear objective, using erp system

Cons

sometimes had one man show style

be more objective in assessing performance of the employee

Slow to innovate, very process driven

Former Employee - Brand Manager in Neenah, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in Neenah, WI (US)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

Recognizable CPG brands, marketing structure, training classes, pay average yet good for area.

Cons

Excessively process oriented, strangles innovation. Marketing plans ahead in time, yet launches are not innovative enough, competition beats K-C every time with same or better products. Very passive-aggressive culture, do not know whom to trust in work place.

As focus has been bringing people from other CPG companies to K-C, need to weed out long-term marketing people since have old training process in place (those started as interns, ABMs). The old guard keeps growth stagnant, provides a negative work environment that is not focused on positive growth.

WAS a great place to work . . .

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Reigate, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Reigate, England (UK)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

I have worked at this company for 23 years and for most of those years the culture was loyal to employees while expecting a great deal of commitment and personal sacrifice, especially in terms of relocation. The wages were good, the benefits were top rate, you were held accountable but, arguably, there were some HR administrative processes that lacked standard work and leadership accountability. But all in all, a great place to work

Cons

Over the past 10 years, everything has changed. Market based compensation has meant that very few individuals get an annual salary handling. Benefits have been consistently cut year after year. Organizational redesigns have occurred with regularity every 20 - 30 months which has slashed the management workforce. And yet, we have brought in legions and layers of management from the outside, especially among the Marketing, HR and ITS community. Long service employees with consistently strong performance records are simply moved out.

Stop and take stock of what we are doing to this culture. We all appreciate a $110 stock price, but no at the expense of the soul of the company. Put the ONE back into ONE K-C

Good work-life balance

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

Offers flexibility in work schedules

Cons

Limited growth and promotional opportunities

Improve new employee on-boarding

Great people and culture, but volatile

Current Employee - IT Technical Work in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - IT Technical Work in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with and for...the culture is idealistic and visionary. Adequate pay and benefits and, in my case, they encourage creative problem solving. Excellent training opportunities. Beautiful office environments and support for remote knowledge workers. They appreciate hard work, but do not try to burn you out.

Cons

Pay is a bit low compared to peer companies. They tend to have layoffs every 5-6 years ago which creates a depressing and fearful work environment for about a year. Forced ranking of employee performance, i.e. you can be "unacceptable" even if your boss says your're great and rates you as superior. To survive the rankings, you must be visible in a positive way with other managers.

It's a shareholder benefit focused big corporation that can be ruthless if you mismanage things. Better choice for managers and everyone: a B (benefit) corporation where shareholders, managers, workers and customers are equally valued.
    GET RID OF FORCED RANKINGS OF EMPLOYEES; you are now cutting out some muscle. Expect lawsuits if you continue forced rankings and a shift towards less group cooperation and more knife-in-the-back politics.

Engineering Co-op, pretty boring.

Former Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Neenah, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Neenah, WI (US)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

People really like working here. They spend a lot of time on developing their employees and "having fun". Not too demanding because the company is so big it's easy to get lost in the mix and get away with minimal effort. $20 /hr helps too.

Cons

You're living in one of the most boring places in the world. If you stray from the norm a bit you'll have a tough time gaining traction in the environment, it's pretty straightforward. Didn't get free diapers.

System Analyst

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, home working, nice environment

Cons

Low Salaries, freezed promotions, company values are ok

Company values are OK.