Kimberly-Clark

Kimberly-Clark Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Kimberly-Clark Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Falk

Tom Falk

Pros
  • KC allows for ample growth opportunities and encourages a healthy work-life balance(in 50 reviews)

• There is a lot of great people to learn from(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Too slow, awful performance management system, far too much bureaucracy(in 14 reviews)

• The Field Sales offices do not have as much work-life balance flexibility(in 12 reviews)

Great cross function opportunities for fast CPG career development.

Category Development Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsTools, professional development, great colleague, great brands.

ConsSometimes slow, conservative decision making.

Career growth opportunity

ProsDynamic and innovative culture and working with top notch people.

ConsMay need to travel and/or relocate to get ahead. One large campus not in a large enough city.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance is appreciated but the further up you go the harder it is to achieve.

A place where I can be myself.

Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsKimberly-Clark is working to maintain a diverse workforce and ensure that people of all backgrounds and lifestyles are comfortable at work. I've always felt that the uniqueness that I bring to the table is accepted and valued.

ConsAs with many large manufacturing companies, growing your career can sometimes require relocations outside of your comfort zone.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue investing in employees who are currently in entry level roles. These sponsorships are what keep them invested in K-C and help inspire them to give more within their everyday roles.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The culture is what keeps you here!

Category Business Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsCompany culture is fantastic. Coworkers actually like each other, Summers are celebrated with half-day Fridays, time off is REALLY encouraged (no, really!), dress is casual every day unless there is a meeting, excellent wellness program, and pay is competitive.

ConsTuition reimbursement leaves a lot to be desired for those wishing to pursue a higher degree. Training/onboarding could be stronger as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

review

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Roswell, GA (US)

Prosvery good culture at KC

Conscan get pigeon holed in one function

Great place to work with many opportunities for growth!

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsAllow opportunities for cross-functional promotions in order to become a well rounded business leader

ConsSeniors leaders have been coming and going too often.

A great place to advance your skills and move around the country.

ProsStrong market share with iconic products gives you a feeling of success. You are well-respected in the industry.

ConsDifficult to react quickly to customer needs due to amount of red-tape at corporate.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold managers accountable for the success of their team. Calibration is demoralizing and unfair due to the forced ratings.

good company to work

Information Security Engineer (Current Employee) Neenah, WI (US)

Prosdiversity, many internal opportunities, great people

Conslocation, bureaucratic, slow, averse to risk

A great company made up of great people

Pros- Helped achieve my personal goals. Ex: When I had a personal family issue come up, they worked with me on finding a role in the location where I needed to be at that time.
    - One KC Behaviors align with my own values. This makes it a lot easier to get along with coworkers and to also deliver results more effectively.
    - Fun coworkers & a casual work environment (can wear jeans everyday as long as you're not meeting with a customer).
    - Great leaders who are passionate and insightful.
    - Leadership encourages leveraging your strengths and continually improving your skills and capabilities.
    - Development options for employees: Mentoring, Reverse Mentoring, training, special interest groups, performance development plans connected into objectives.

Cons- I would love KC to be even more progressive with their employees. The new work generation demands less boundaries, so be open to more employees working remote, working in non-standard locations, etc. Great strides have been made so far, so don't be afraid to push the envelope even more.
    - Sometimes big companies can bring about more complexity or more red tape. Keep it simple.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay connected to the various levels of the organization, and feel free to share throughout the organization what's going on at your level.

Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFair company with realistic and attainable goals in sales. A caring management. Good work/life balance.

ConsNo cons. Was very satisfied with position.

Worked for Kimberly-Clark? Contribute to the Community!