Kimberly-Clark

Kimberly-Clark Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2014

Kimberly-Clark Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Falk

Tom Falk

Pros:
  • "A great company from a work-life balance"
    in 35 reviews
  • "Excellent training for sales associates, great people oriented organization"
    in 19 reviews
Cons:
  • "Strict Performance Management system creates esteem issues in many employees"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Work-Life Balance difficult to maintain"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Love the Job, Hate the Location

Packaging Engineer (Current Employee)
Neenah, WI (US)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork life balance, Daily and weekly perks, Always something going on to make you love your job, great fitness center programs

ConsLocation, location, location.... It's a great place to raise a family. Not to come to right out of college.

A fun place with great people but big slow and bureaucratic

Lean Consultant (Current Employee)
Roswell, GA (US)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 10 years

ProsEveryone makes a lot of great friends here and salaries are competitive in atl we just redid all our buildings with a cool modern look including an outdoor theme with an airstream trailer and deer on the conference room roof 2 buildings have freestyle coke machines and fancy latte cappuccino coffee machines. Benefits are decent icluding a 3% 401k match at 100% and then 2% at 50%. big company with many different sub businesses to explore and lots of free training you can do can wear jeans all the time but most don't lots of fun team building and chances for bonus at more senior individual contributor positions

ConsSlow bureaucratic company and largest amount of jobs are in Wisconsin or mills in the middle of nowhere although there are a few exceptions like atl most people think the grass is greener on the other side at kc only started bringing in outside people in the last 10 years in more significant numbers so not very good at onboarding we are a matrix organization with a lot of unwritten rules it can take a lot of time to acclimate also tend to be risk adverse and unlikely to be promoted in place need to change roles or departments

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and take actions that show your listening

Engineer Co-Op

Engineering Co-Op (Current Employee)
Conway, AR (US)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark as an intern for less than a year

ProsThe work schedule as a co-op is very flexible. Every engineer and manager is very helpful, and provides advice both work-related and personal. Safety is taken very seriously and is rewarded. There are several work-related events that K-C puts on throughout the year, which allows employees to meet each others families and have a good time. K-C provides the opportunity to move around and get experience at other locations.

ConsThe work was tedious and not very interesting after a while. The salary is okay, and it appears that one must be very fortunate to get promoted. There are some engineers that have been working for 20+ years in the same role.

Not what they appear to be

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than a year

ProsFull relocation & Fair starting salary

Cons'Good Ole White Boy's Club'- they 'talk' diversity, but don't understand what diversity truly means. So, they don't 'walk' diversity.
Rather than be advocates for both employee and management development, HR runs around with brooms cleaning up messes that individuals who are inept at management, make on a daily basis.
Too many folks sitting in chairs of senior leadership that are not qualified to sit in those chairs.

A global company with Victorian Values

Manufacturing Team Member (Current Employee)
Barrow in Furness, England (UK)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 10 years

ProsShift system allows adequate leisure time, reasonable pay but on the slide compared to other local employers.

ConsAs an employee of over ten years the management in this mill can be summed up in three words, unethical, hypocritical and vindictive. Nepotism and crony-ism rule, health and safety is preached but not practised. Used to be a fine place to work but now people are leaving in droves. Accident victims are coerced into work so that they do not have to be reported to the US. It's a real shame because the parent company was ethical employer of the year last year.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign!

European management needs huge improvement on interpersonal skills

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood working atmosphere if you are not a part of the management team
Probably salaries, however not if you consider the amount of working hours and the travelling time

ConsEuropean management is probably the one who blocks the development - of the current talents and of the overall business in Europe.
European HR is terrible. Lack of interpersonall skills. They are not responsive if you need advice as an employee.
Yes, the mangement discriminates women and different people.
Different small lobby groups ( Germany, UK, France) rule the European management and it would be difficult to bring this to the "normal" level.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not be satisfied with the targets the European management is giving you. They can triple the business, however they are concerned about their annual bonus. And therefore they go the easy way.

Long hours.

Operator (Current Employee)
Mobile, AL (US)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than a year

ProsThe best reason to work here is the high rate of pay.

ConsLong shifts, 2 weeks on days/ 2 weeks on nights.

They just announced giving back $35 Million in profit sharing to employees

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time

ProsCompany has been performing real strong over past three years and they are rewarding us with very generous profit sharing plans. Great strong brands. Nice people and great Health and fitness facilities in Neenah, WI and Roswell, GA

ConsNot much, they are really getting their act together they seem to be on a roll. Always striving to beat Wall Street expectations.

Manufacturing Operator

Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee)
Fullerton, CA (US)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood pay and benefits with 401k match

ConsWorking rotating shifts always open 24/7

Good environment for growth and great people

Project Scientist (Former Employee)
Roswell, GA (US)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 3 years

Prosbenefits, the people, growth opportunities for employees in early-mid career

ConsDepending on discipline, pay is not competitive

Worked for Kimberly-Clark? Contribute to the Community!

Kimberly-Clark Videos

Kimberly-Clark – Why Work for Us?

Our brands are household names all over the world: Kleenex, Kotex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Cottonelle, Scott, Depend, Viva, Poise and others - not to mention our many health care and professional products. But look behind… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kimberly-Clark reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Kimberly-Clark CEO Tom Falk. All 363 reviews are posted anonymously by Kimberly-Clark employees.