Kiddie Academy

Updated Apr 03, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

great place to work

Lead Teacher (Former Employee)
Nesconset, NY (US)

I worked at Kiddie Academy full-time for more than a year

ProsFun supportive place to work if you like working with kids

Consnone that i can think of

Advice to Senior Managementsupport your teachers

Corporate atmosphere

Abingdon, MD (US)

I have been working at Kiddie Academy full-time for more than a year

ProsMany managers are supportive, helpful, and in your corner. Leadership can be open to new ideas & different opinions. Corporate employees enjoy some fun events, such as a nice holiday party, etc.

ConsCorporate atmosphere needlessly rigid in areas that have little impact on job performance, etc. The dress code, for example, is highly strict - even for employees that have no contact with customers. There is no option to work from home, regardless of the circumstances. If you have a slight cold, your options are to take one of your alloted days off or to go in anyway.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Sad to be moving on- really have loved KA!

Lead Teacher (Current Employee)
League City, TX (US)

I have been working at Kiddie Academy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOwners and management are like family. They establish a great working environment. I have been attending college to finish my Early Childhood degree during my employment and they've really been great about working with my schedule. I love my co workers and am going to miss them :-( If I had children I would absolutely bring them here. They also let us do fun things like Jean Friday and pay for our continuing ed.

ConsI think working with children in general can be hard some days. But any job will have hard days right? The director was supportive when we had issues though.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing and the school will remain the best!

Unappreciated.

Teacher (Former Employee)
Holly Spring, NC (US)

I worked at Kiddie Academy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsChildcare discount ..That is it.

ConsLack of communication is number 1. There is no work life balance. Owners do not give raises unless you take classes no matter how wonderful of a teacher you are and you have to practically beg for that. Bonus at the end of the year is solely based on attendance which means if you are late more then twice in a year and called out more then once you are disqualified from getting it no matter how great of a teacher you are. They will not help you with your education expense at all. No sick day's and if you call out they take time away from you. The only reason I stayed is because i loved the children.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpathy, Treat people the way YOU want to be treated. Appreciate the GOOD employees you have. Stop rewarding people solely on their attendance that should only be a part of the bonus. COST OF LIVING RAISE!!!!!! Something anything would be nice. The only incentive to do better is the children otherwise there is NONE!!!!! And the Owner/Director needs to put the children first not her bank account.

Had such amazing potential, but ended up being a waste of time and energy

Lead Teacher (Former Employee)
Crystal Lake, IL (US)

I worked at Kiddie Academy full-time for less than a year

ProsFantastic co-workers and director, loved having access to ready-to-use curriculum

ConsAbsolutely terrible management by owner(s), awful pay, very little follow-through on promises and agreements

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to school for either business/management or child care - owners should be allowed to stay in a room alone with children. You hired great teachers, but they will not stick around if they can't live off of what you pay them. Be consistent - don't promise or threaten something without actually doing it. Be open to new marketing and PR ideas - center will NOT grow without spending more than $3 on advertising. So much more to suggest, but it would take much too long to type!

Unpleasant!

Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at Kiddie Academy full-time for less than a year

ProsThere no good reasons why an educator would want to work at KA.
Kiddie Academy is more concern in numbers that in education.

ConsKA is disorganize, under staff, treat employee like warm bodies. No learning is going on through out the day is a baby sitting service with under qualify teachers.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverybody can own a business, not everyone is qualify to run a pre-school.

horrible

Teacher/Floater (Former Employee)
Reynoldsburg, OH (US)

I worked at Kiddie Academy full-time for less than a year

Prosthere's nothing good about the company.

Conseverything! when the boss gave overtime, he took the extra pay for himself. he let a parent swipe her title 20 card when her kids weren't there in order to keep her benefits. the kids weren't taught. the company didn't care about ratios. there were hazards in the building and playground. new employees were put in rooms before they had their background results back. licensing rules were broken left and right. they only care about the appearance of the company and building. the owner works like a car salesman, which is how he gets kids in.

Advice to Senior Managementthe place should be shut down

My experience at Kiddie Academy was horrible.

Pre-school Teacher (Former Employee)
Lewis Center, OH (US)

I worked at Kiddie Academy full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking with the children and seeing their faces light up while learning new tasks.

ConsManagement only see children as dollar signs.
No room for advancement
No pay raises.
Understaffed and under paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep disruptive and problem children out of the class rooms.

It was a nice place to work

Teacher Assistant (Former Employee)
Spottswood, VA (US)

I worked at Kiddie Academy

ProsI love working with the children.

ConsThe pay was not enough to live on.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf possible please provide more materials for teachers to work with.

I loved the work itself, but being an employee was not the best.

Teacher Assistant (Former Employee)
Nesconset, NY (US)

I worked at Kiddie Academy

ProsWonderful children; safe/clean/wonderful facilities; nice playground; good starting compensation; some wonderful, hardworking coworkers; clear understanding of what your responsibilities are; secure facilities (electronic checkin/locked doors); offers curriculum to follow; video surveillance for parents.

ConsNo promotion/pay raise/ benefits; limited time off; no room for advancement; nepotism between management and employees; gossip between employees; incompetent employees never dealt with; employees on cellphones constantly; overtime is per pay period, not per day; constantly shortstaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep standards high for your employees; follow up on consequences to misbehavior; consider raises for hardworking employees; hire more staff.

Worked for Kiddie Academy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kiddie Academy reviews and ratings. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Kiddie Academy employees.