Kiddie Academy

Kiddie Academy Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

I enjoy working at Kiddie Academy!

ProsHours are great
    Staff is close
    Owner is fantastic
    Parent and kids are great
    It's a job where you work hard, but also get to have fun

ConsThe hardest part of working there is almost constant drama. It's very "cliquey". If you can look past that, you will be fine.
    Pay is rather low. Especially for a lead teacher.

fun

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnice teachers, wonderful children, friendly staff

Consvery often we run out of napkins, paper towels, unorganized.

Curriculum needs work

ProsGreat looking school and doing very well financially. Director is very understanding and supportive. I haven't seen or heard much about corporate, but it seems most rules and regulations are up to the owner/director.

ConsBecause it's a franchise things will vary place to place. The curriculum is old and should be updated; and the location I work for will not let me write my own (other than occasional substitutions). Very strict time off policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease please please update the curriculum. Many books cannot be found online or in stores anymore. Many activities/recipes call for nuts/peanuts and most schools are "nut-free zones" these days. The curriculum is also very obviously written for schools on the east coast.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Alright place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Leesburg, VA (US)

ProsBeing able to connect with kids, flexibility and some freedom to implement your own curriculum, plenty of training sessions granted they weren't helpful in my weaknesses.

ConsLack of direction/help especially with classroom management, lack of benefits, lack of materials to help classrooms, high turnover of staff

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to ideas from staff and other teachers

great place to work

Lead Teacher (Former Employee) Nesconset, NY (US)

ProsFun supportive place to work if you like working with kids

Consnone that i can think of

Advice to Senior Managementsupport your teachers

Corporate atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Abingdon, MD (US)

ProsMany managers are supportive, helpful, and in your corner. Leadership can be open to new ideas & different opinions. Corporate employees enjoy some fun events, such as a nice holiday party, etc.

ConsCorporate atmosphere needlessly rigid in areas that have little impact on job performance, etc. The dress code, for example, is highly strict - even for employees that have no contact with customers. There is no option to work from home, regardless of the circumstances. If you have a slight cold, your options are to take one of your alloted days off or to go in anyway.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Sad to be moving on- really have loved KA!

Lead Teacher (Current Employee) League City, TX (US)

ProsOwners and management are like family. They establish a great working environment. I have been attending college to finish my Early Childhood degree during my employment and they've really been great about working with my schedule. I love my co workers and am going to miss them :-( If I had children I would absolutely bring them here. They also let us do fun things like Jean Friday and pay for our continuing ed.

ConsI think working with children in general can be hard some days. But any job will have hard days right? The director was supportive when we had issues though.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing and the school will remain the best!

Had such amazing potential, but ended up being a waste of time and energy

Lead Teacher (Former Employee) Crystal Lake, IL (US)

ProsFantastic co-workers and director, loved having access to ready-to-use curriculum

ConsAbsolutely terrible management by owner(s), awful pay, very little follow-through on promises and agreements

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to school for either business/management or child care - owners should be allowed to stay in a room alone with children. You hired great teachers, but they will not stick around if they can't live off of what you pay them. Be consistent - don't promise or threaten something without actually doing it. Be open to new marketing and PR ideas - center will NOT grow without spending more than $3 on advertising. So much more to suggest, but it would take much too long to type!

Unappreciated.

Teacher (Former Employee) Holly Spring, NC (US)

ProsChildcare discount ..That is it.

ConsLack of communication is number 1. There is no work life balance. Owners do not give raises unless you take classes no matter how wonderful of a teacher you are and you have to practically beg for that. Bonus at the end of the year is solely based on attendance which means if you are late more then twice in a year and called out more then once you are disqualified from getting it no matter how great of a teacher you are. They will not help you with your education expense at all. No sick day's and if you call out they take time away from you. The only reason I stayed is because i loved the children.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpathy, Treat people the way YOU want to be treated. Appreciate the GOOD employees you have. Stop rewarding people solely on their attendance that should only be a part of the bonus. COST OF LIVING RAISE!!!!!! Something anything would be nice. The only incentive to do better is the children otherwise there is NONE!!!!! And the Owner/Director needs to put the children first not her bank account.

Unpleasant!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsThere no good reasons why an educator would want to work at KA.
    Kiddie Academy is more concern in numbers that in education.

ConsKA is disorganize, under staff, treat employee like warm bodies. No learning is going on through out the day is a baby sitting service with under qualify teachers.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverybody can own a business, not everyone is qualify to run a pre-school.

Worked for Kiddie Academy? Contribute to the Community!