Kelly Services

Updated 24 November, 2014
3.2

Kelly Services President, CEO, and Director Carl T. Camden
Carl T. Camden

Pros
  • You work from home and get to meet new people and get to work with great products (in 49 reviews)

• The work/ life balance is more than average (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits, or reason to aspire to stay with the organization (in 36 reviews)

• 3 an hour less than full-time employees doing the same work and more (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Solid reputation. Treat their employees very well

Cons

The market doesn't realize our full capabilities

Pros & Cons of Call Center job. IBM Technical Support Analyst

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Markham, ON
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Markham, ON

I worked at Kelly Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Worked at the Markham location.I provided technical support (Tech Connect) at IBM for Morgan Stanley/Smith Barney in 2012. Not sure if the account is still there since they were in the process of migrating the call center to Colorado/India.

Pros: You definitely learn a lot since it was the first point of contact for ALL issues. Supported XP/'7, Office Suite,Outlook, Hardware(Mouse/Keyboard/Scanners/Printers/Projectors/etc...), Financial Software, Internet Connectivity, Account creations, Password Resets, IMAC requests,How-to's, & much much more.
    There was always something new coming up so you need to pay attention.

Team Leads/Kelly Service Representative/Co-workers: The people I worked with were fine. They would try to the best of their ability to help you, answer your questions, and was very understanding. Co-workers I was surrounded with were cool people. Once in a while we would get pizza/cake/snacks to keep the morale up. However, this is all based on my personal experience.

Training was sufficient. It was primarily getting you familiar with the terms, software you'll use, and shadowing other call center agents. The real learning comes when you're actually on the phones.

Nice building, free parking and close to a Chinese plaza; although by the time you get there and order half of your lunch time is already gone since you get 30 minutes only. I would usually eat in between calls and use the 30 minutes to walk outside to clear my mind.

Cons

Pay- $14.26/hr. It's better than minimum wage but lower than if IBM hired you. It's to be expected since you're a contractor. All I can say in this economy, it is what it is.

The Job- Since it is a call center, it will feel like it's soul crushing. Some days you will wonder why are there so many calls and will they ever stop although this is why you have the job in the first place. I supported working professional so it is at least better than the general public. I've worked there for a year and which is like senior level in terms of call center. I've seen so many people get burnt out and leave only after a couple of weeks.Stressful, boring, and always looking towards Friday.

Promotion- in terms of pay increase, rarely. If there is, it will only be 1-2 dollars if that. In terms of responsibility, yes if you do well enough on the phones they will probably have you do other support. Don't hold your breath.

Pace- they want to you to resolve calls under 10 minutes although most of the time it will go over due to the plethora of issues and difficulty.

It's a call center job so, don't hope for any kind of overhaul or significant changes happening.

Main objective is to get experience and money to find something better or closer to what you want to do.

Kelly Services Contractor

I have been working at Kelly Services as a contractor

Pros

As far as i can tell there is no pros to kelly other then they are global.

Cons

Chances are you don't have a choice of being a Kelly Services contractor or not depending on where you work. They are the most disorganized and unprofessioanl firm I have had to work with. Several times my pay is wrong, don't get pay stubs, etc. If you try to ask questions, it gets you no where because your kelly rep will know nothing!

Train your staff

Good part time work

Current Employee - Temporary Employee
    Current Employee - Temporary Employee

I have been working at Kelly Services part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you're a hard worker and say "yes" as often as possible when called about availability for work, and if you enjoy a seeing different workplaces, you'll do well.
    Allows you to have a job, and definitely a life too.
    Great for someone entering the workforce who knows they want to work but wants to learn about what they want in a workplace and in a job.

Cons

Not very high pay. No health benefits etc as a temp worker. Not a lot of work even if you're one of the first people they call.

A OK company

I worked at Kelly Services

Pros

HR are friendly and somewhat helpful

Cons

Pay is low and there is not much chance for promotion

The most disapointing Employment Service Agency experience I've ever had!

Former Employee - Assembly Line in Brantford, ON
    Former Employee - Assembly Line in Brantford, ON

I worked at Kelly Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They will find you work.

Cons

They say they will find you opportunities based on your resume and skill level, however they don't. You are responsible for finding better career choices in their network yourself!

Make sure each branch office lives up to what Kelly's mission statement dictates!

Very Dissatisfied

Current Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have nothing good to say.

Cons

Don't promote from within, hardly any internal opportunities for advancement. Don't empower or motivate or appreciate their employees. Poor management. No incentives.

Take time to invest in the little people and make them feel appreciated

Something is better than nothing

I have been working at Kelly Services as a contractor

Pros

people are good and hiring process is simple

Cons

loads of work for little money

Some Good Some Bad

Current Employee - Tech Support in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The location were i was had a great team of supervisors and great co workers

Cons

My on site kelly agent was more there to police us then inform us,Not one employee knew how vacation pay works or any of the company benefits...all the onsite kelly agent did was make sure we didnt miss work and look pretty...Oh wait not to mention they fired us and then called us back again and threatened not to give us unemployement if we didnt come back .4 employees total (highest stats plus 4 recognition certificates in 7 months myself alone)

stop punishing good employees with more work and leaving the bad employees unatended

interesting

Current Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Kelly Services as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

gave me a chance when no body else would

Cons

no management, no career growth opportunists