Kelly Services Reviews

3.2
1,036 Reviews
Kelly Services President, CEO, and Director Carl T. Camden
Carl T. Camden

Pros
  • You work from home and get to meet new people and get to work with great products (in 49 reviews)

• The work/ life balance is more than average (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits, or reason to aspire to stay with the organization (in 36 reviews)

• 3 an hour less than full-time employees doing the same work and more (in 21 reviews)

1. They take care of the problems faced by their employees.

Current Employee - Mixer in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Mixer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Kelly Services

Pros

They are ready to listen to you. Have many career oriented courses online. Provide contours employment.

Cons

No benefits. Contract employment.

2. I enjoyed the work they gave me, I just wish they could provide more employment.

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Assignments were good, just wish it could have led to more work.

Cons

Don't fully understand my needs for a right fit of employment. Not enough work.

Advice to Management

Should consider the candidates needs more.

3. Manager

Former Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Kelly Services

Pros

The employees are great to work with. Kelly typically hires junior people so they can pay them less and then you train them and they leave for better opportunities.

Cons

Senior Management. There are no career opportunities and limited training and development opportnities. They have no rewards programs.

5. RPO Model not ideal

Former Contractor - Recruiter in Calgary, AB
    Former Contractor - Recruiter in Calgary, AB

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I got to work for an excellent client with outstanding processes and supports. It was my first time working as part of team where most of the resources were working remotely.

Cons

Because almost all of the team members worked remotely there was less team work and sharing of ideas. They did try to introduce culture through remote training, but the culture of the client overtook Kelly's. In the end it became mostly about making sure they got their weekly metric reports, and focusing on the client instead of whatever it was that Kelly Services was talking about

Advice to Management

Find a way to get the team working together more to share ideas. Provide meaningful training opportunities. Find a way to become less focused on metrics, and more focused on how happy the client is. Or ensure that you use different metrics for comparison between employees with different functions.

6. Professional Staffing Company

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There was really good training provided for an IT related job.
    Teamwork is key at this company

Cons

the tidal wave of corporate reporting has a tendency to get in the way of actually getting your job done.

7. Pros & Cons of Call Center job. IBM Technical Support Analyst

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Markham, ON
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Markham, ON

I worked at Kelly Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked at the Markham location.I provided technical support (Tech Connect) at IBM for Morgan Stanley/Smith Barney in 2012. Not sure if the account is still there since they were in the process of migrating the call center to Colorado/India.

Pros: You definitely learn a lot since it was the first point of contact for ALL issues. Supported XP/'7, Office Suite,Outlook, Hardware(Mouse/Keyboard/Scanners/Printers/Projectors/etc...), Financial Software, Internet Connectivity, Account creations, Password Resets, IMAC requests,How-to's, & much much more.
    There was always something new coming up so you need to pay attention.

Team Leads/Kelly Service Representative/Co-workers: The people I worked with were fine. They would try to the best of their ability to help you, answer your questions, and was very understanding. Co-workers I was surrounded with were cool people. Once in a while we would get pizza/cake/snacks to keep the morale up. However, this is all based on my personal experience.

Training was sufficient. It was primarily getting you familiar with the terms, software you'll use, and shadowing other call center agents. The real learning comes when you're actually on the phones.

Nice building, free parking and close to a Chinese plaza; although by the time you get there and order half of your lunch time is already gone since you get 30 minutes only. I would usually eat in between calls and use the 30 minutes to walk outside to clear my mind.

Cons

Pay- $14.26/hr. It's better than minimum wage but lower than if IBM hired you. It's to be expected since you're a contractor. All I can say in this economy, it is what it is.

The Job- Since it is a call center, it will feel like it's soul crushing. Some days you will wonder why are there so many calls and will they ever stop although this is why you have the job in the first place. I supported working professional so it is at least better than the general public. I've worked there for a year and which is like senior level in terms of call center. I've seen so many people get burnt out and leave only after a couple of weeks.Stressful, boring, and always looking towards Friday.

Promotion- in terms of pay increase, rarely. If there is, it will only be 1-2 dollars if that. In terms of responsibility, yes if you do well enough on the phones they will probably have you do other support. Don't hold your breath.

Pace- they want to you to resolve calls under 10 minutes although most of the time it will go over due to the plethora of issues and difficulty.

Advice to Management

It's a call center job so, don't hope for any kind of overhaul or significant changes happening.

Main objective is to get experience and money to find something better or closer to what you want to do.

8. Kelly Services Contractor

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Kelly Services as a contractor

Pros

As far as i can tell there is no pros to kelly other then they are global.

Cons

Chances are you don't have a choice of being a Kelly Services contractor or not depending on where you work. They are the most disorganized and unprofessioanl firm I have had to work with. Several times my pay is wrong, don't get pay stubs, etc. If you try to ask questions, it gets you no where because your kelly rep will know nothing!

Advice to Management

Train your staff

9. Great place to work

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid reputation. Treat their employees very well

Cons

The market doesn't realize our full capabilities

10. Good part time work

Current Employee - Temporary Employee
    Current Employee - Temporary Employee

I have been working at Kelly Services part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you're a hard worker and say "yes" as often as possible when called about availability for work, and if you enjoy a seeing different workplaces, you'll do well.
    Allows you to have a job, and definitely a life too.
    Great for someone entering the workforce who knows they want to work but wants to learn about what they want in a workplace and in a job.

Cons

Not very high pay. No health benefits etc as a temp worker. Not a lot of work even if you're one of the first people they call.

11. The most disapointing Employment Service Agency experience I've ever had!

Former Employee - Assembly Line in Brantford, ON
    Former Employee - Assembly Line in Brantford, ON

I worked at Kelly Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will find you work.

Cons

They say they will find you opportunities based on your resume and skill level, however they don't. You are responsible for finding better career choices in their network yourself!

Advice to Management

Make sure each branch office lives up to what Kelly's mission statement dictates!