Jiffy Lube

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jiffy Lube President Rick Altizer

Rick Altizer

Pros
  • Free oil changes every 3 months after probationary period, and 50% off services at any other time (in 6 reviews)

• Learned a lot from my co workers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • LOW pay one time raise after 90 days and completion of computer based training (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management has no idea what goes on from store to store, only what the numbers are (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

decent, flexible hours

Prosquiet slower paced hours out weigh busy fast paced rush hours. opportunity to move up the ladder quickly if motivated. free coffee and news paper daily, sometimes donuts!!!

Consclose quarters, dirty, have to deal with angry suspicious customers that think that you are going to mess up their vehicle

Advice to Senior Managementdon't be so cheap, put some 2 ply tp in the bathrooms pls

Good learning experience

Keyholder (Former Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsNo experience no problem they teach you all you need to know very knowledgeable employees

ConsHectic schedule management could be a little bit more aware of the needs of the employees and concerns

It's good to get your foot in the door

Technician (Current Employee) Pembroke Pines, FL (US)

ProsWork on a variety of cars so you get familiar with different makes and models, exposure to new tools, machines, and diagnosis tools.

ConsCould have a lot of downtime, schedules aren't consistent, on slow days everyone is desperate for work so you may have 5 employees trying to work on one car when it's a single person job.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone that I can think of

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Jiffy Lube need to have better Management

Cashier (Former Employee) Lawrenceville, NJ (US)

ProsIt is a place you can learn about how to maintain your vehicle.

ConsThe challenges are they need to hire better managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management need to hire better managers to run there companies.

Terrible working environment

Upper Bay Tech (Current Employee) Hillsboro, OR (US)

ProsDescent hours, easy employment,

ConsNo leadership in the management what so ever. Also most employees and the management are doping up on drugs before or during work. The people that work at jiffy lube do not know how to work well with customers nor with each other. I understand how it's a stressful work environment but that gives no excuse as for why employees are harrasing each other and how they treat you as if your worth nothing. Our customers see it very often and do not comeback.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrug tests should be done often to keep dealers like my manager and the rest of the employees not employed.

You know they're owned by Pennzoil, right?

CSA (Former Employee)

ProsGood for learning automotive basics.
    Great work if you have a good team.

ConsNo money.
    Hot in the summer, cold in the winter.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay everyone more.

Frustrating

Lube Tech (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsIt's a job that will pay you bi-weekly. The computer based training is excellent. There is plenty to do to stay busy.

ConsHorrible management at pretty much every level. The motto is, "the beatings will continue until sales and morale improve". Very little room for growth. Absolutely abysmal pay for an often overpriced service. HIGH, HIGH, HIGH pressure to drive sales with very little with regard to the ethics associated. Often asked to clock out when slow to maintain labor percentages, but still expected to remain on site for when business does pick up (this can go on for HOURS).

Advice to Senior ManagementThe average employee is rightly convinced that no one in management cares about them other than to have a body there when a car is there. The sales training is ridiculous and there is NO hands on aspect to training at all

A good opportunity but a negative work environment.

Service Manager (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL (US)

ProsJiffy Lube offers realistic opportunity to move to the top from the bottom.

ConsThe pay is low and employers make most technicians feel unappreciated.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay and realistic bonus opportunities. Don't give all the negatives and fail to compliment employees when they do something well.

Customer Service Advisor

Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA (US)

ProsGood work hours, 40 hours a week. Low pay but with commission. Regional managers care but not branch managers.

ConsNot good branch Management. Favors some employees. Tolerate laziness. Would be great if leadership is good

Advice to Senior ManagementMake staff happy and they will be more productive

Treating the bare minimum

ProsStore manager is a pretty good guy

ConsCorporate ignores advice from store level or customers

Worked for Jiffy Lube? Contribute to the Community!