JetBlue Reviews

Updated 30 August, 2014

3.6

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger
Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements (in 45 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises (in 8 reviews)

• Not very good at trickling down top management new ideas to middle management (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Horrible abusive management

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at JetBlue full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

First few years was a great place with pleasant work environment and great travel benefits, but after change of management and practices, not much to like about the company or working conditions anymore.

Cons

New management draconian, abusive, conniving and downright mean-spirited; just always looking for any reason to knock you, belittle you and/or hand out disciplinary action; could really blow any little thing out of proportion. Supervisors would often have you in situations where you would be 'damned if you do, damned if you don't, or you can only take choice A or B in a bad situation, and you will get yelled at/disciplined no matter which one you choose; would even at times ask you to do something and then scream at you for doing exactly what you were asked! (Of course if I didn't, I'm sure they would have been quick to charge me with insubordination!) Held to unrealistically short times to turn aircraft at gate, often without tools needed to do job properly; some staff led to compromise safety for fear of being disciplined/written up if they didn't make the turn time. Airline had horrible contingency planning, sometimes irrationally cancelling our flights when weather conditions not that bad to warrant it, and would leave some customers stranded for up to 5 or 6 days, and without the option to rebook to another airline (Rule 240 like other airlines can). Also, new reservation system full of bugs, IT very slow to fix, would constantly change procedures (for rebooking, ticket changes, etc.) without telling us, and of course, we get blamed for it.

Since you brag about integrity being one of the company's values and hold us to it, maybe you should hold yourself to it in the way you treat your staff; have realistic expectations, understand we are often left in bad situations we can only do so much about, and for those supervisors who abuse their authority and treat staff badly, its time they got a taste of their own medicine.

good

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

good benefits and easy work

Cons

some slick workers and overtime

Awesome company to work for.

Current Employee - Supervisor Airports
    Current Employee - Supervisor Airports

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Promotes from within and really tries to help crew members advance to their highest potential.

Cons

Sometimes you do not share the same views (business related) as your manager and that can affect the work balance.

Do not promote micro managing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company but still working out the kinks internally

Current Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great brand name, flight benefits, culture is great, NY office is awesome

Cons

Depending on the dept the work life balance may not be so great, technology for the support centers has not caught up to the rest of the company

The support centers need some additional attention and some changes have to be made to be more efficient. You cannot continue to grow yet still do things the same way you used to.

The most horrible company Ive ever worked for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at JetBlue part-time for less than a year

Pros

Weekly Pay... and that's it.

Cons

Terrible management and supervision, terrible training. Terrible hours. They want you to be on top of everything but they aren't on top of everything themselves.

How about about take some responsibility for your mistakes, don't overwork your employees, don't break rules when its convenient for you. Oh and make sure you train new employees on what they will actually be doing. Worst management ever.

This company has changed dramatically........I have been with JetBlue for over 11 years.

Current Employee - In Flight Crew Member
    Current Employee - In Flight Crew Member

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Their Care Team is amazing, wonderful people who are very supportive when you need it. You don't see that very often at big companies.

Cons

The REALLY don't care about their Inflight Department, period. Everything is a struggle and if you are on reserve, it can be really tough.

Be the way you used to be.....treat your employees with dignity and respect and in turn you will get better performance from them.

Better to lie and fly then be honest and grounded

Former Employee - In Flight Crew  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - In Flight Crew in New York, NY (US)

I worked at JetBlue full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours and schedule. So can accommodate most days off.

Cons

Unreasonable response time to call in for work.

More realistic and less close cutting hours on call out. Better preparation from the company will allow more results from employees.

Bait and switch

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Travel benefits like any other airline

Cons

They sell you their values but don't embody them.

N/A

Great company going through growing pains.

Current Employee - In Flight Crew/Flight Attendant  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - In Flight Crew/Flight Attendant in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, free flight benefits, opportunities to grow in many area if you want to.

Cons

Rules can sometimes be up for interpretation. Extreme diversity in work ethics. At times, lack of proper and consistent accountability leads to frustration within work groups and creates an "us against them" mentality.

Get away from STAR interview process and begin hiring management that is skilled in more than specialized interview techniques.

Strive for growth

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A excellent culture with strong values that are executed on, obviously you can fly for free, health care is available and communication from the top down is very visible.

Cons

The health care programs is horrendous, on the operating side of the company most managers are reactive though that is changing and your sick and vacation bank is one and the same.

Re evaluate best labor practices for compensation

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!