JetBlue

JetBlue Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger

Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements (in 45 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises (in 8 reviews)

• Not very good at trickling down top management new ideas to middle management (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company, but not enough opportunities and support from management

Coordinator (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY (US)

ProsGood brand, nice and casual people, flight benefits, good work-life balance, modern office space, exciting projects

ConsNo opportunity for growth, low salaries, too much emphasis solely on communication skills, lots of politics, sometimes uninvolved management

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in your crewmembers by giving them the chance to grow and rewarding them for their practical skills, not only the ability to sell themselves. Having a strong marketing team is important, but the doers and quiet achievers are as important for the success of the company. Respect diversity and embrace all types of personalities. Promoting only the people with great soft skills and overlooking the humble, quieter achievers is not the best approach and in the long term you will lose valuable talent.

Great company, poor pay.

At Home Representative (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsFree flights. Good benefits. Wonderful co-workers.

ConsGenerally, I had to catch a flight out of Las Vegas.

A good opportunity for my first two years, but disappointing the last two years.

Reservations Agent (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsWorking from home, travel benefits, thorough training and resources, opportunity to advance, friendly atmosphere, flexible schedule and travel opportunities.

ConsPolicies were constantly changing. Job expectations changed more towards sales, it was required we have a certain percentile of upscale on our average calls per review period.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Perfect job for my family

Reservations Crew Member (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsFlight benefits, very flexible, able to be home with my family and get my work done.

ConsSometimes gets very busy, mandatory overtime during storms, can be treated like a kid with the punishment system, even though it is flexible.

Great company that listens to its employees

Analyst (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY (US)

ProsJetBlue is a great company to work for because the culture of the company is to listen to and support its emoloyees and offer the best experience for its customers. The company HQ is top of the line and lots of friendly people.

ConsIt's hard to complain about a company that has "fun" as one of their values but of course no company is without its short comings. Getting your foot in the door of the company might be hard but once you're there it's even harder to move up unless you network and schmooze with the right people. The company does emphasize that it wants employees that fit the culture but too often I have seen the most qualified be passed over for the more extroverted socialite who might not be as sharp but knows how to light up a room.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing but make sure to reward the hardest workers, not just the popular ones.

Fun, fair, and finally making decent money!

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsTravel benefits and fun environment.

ConsFirst years of flying can be frustrating due to lower pay rates and limited schedule flexibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be approachable and maintain the open door policy.

easy

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

Prosthey really try to do their best to satisfy their employees

Conswith recent management changes, many employees are somehow disgruntled and believe that the company is cutting benefits to save money. not so true.

Advice to Senior Managementjust be there for your employees, if your employees aren't performing well, then you are not performing well as a manager

Ground Operations

Ground Operations (Former Employee) Newark, NJ (US)

ProsFantastic Company, great people to work with, no complaints at all..

ConsVeterans usually like to slack, management needs a little more training in managing and not in the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry looking out the window or out the office and see what is going on...

it was a good experience working at jet air blue

Quality Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

Prosemployees at jet blue air are reALLY COOPERATIVE AND GOOD

ConsNOTHING SPECIAL I DIDNT FIND ANY

A fantastic company to work for that makes you feel like family.

Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsVery friendly and helpful crew members, decent pay, good benefits

ConsMidnight shift, focusing on making sure new hires aren't rushed into the company with paperwork and training.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!