JetBlue

Updated 19 November, 2014
3.6

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger
Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements (in 47 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the department or location work-life balance can be challenging, career development/growth can also move a bit slowly (in 5 reviews)

• Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Potential to be better, but the Crewmembers make it worth it

I worked at JetBlue full-time

Pros

You meet amazing people, customers are great, fun culture. Of course the flying benefits.

Cons

Senior leaders sometimes miss the things that matter to you.

Get to know what it's like to be on the frontline.

Satisfactory

Current Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at JetBlue part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free flight benefits
    flexible schedule
    discounts with other airline agreements
    you pick one person to fly free with you as well as your parents
    i recommend going part time so you can have more flexibility

Cons

commute to the airport is horrible
    your schedule is based on how long you have been in the company, so whatever shift is left over you get
    4am shift is very difficult

Could be better

Current Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Cheap Flights, discount in Fedex,

Cons

There is no teamwork, low salary, always short of personnel.

as a young company JetBlue is trying it's best to make there employees feel comfortable, but the leader and managers are not making that possible.

I loved my time with this company. I will be forever grateful for what I learned

Former Employee - Reservations Agent in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Reservations Agent in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at JetBlue part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working from home was a dream come true

Cons

It is very difficult to promote.

Believe in your employees' capabilities instead of looking for their mistakes

Fun Company

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at JetBlue part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Travel benefits, health insurance, 401k, a lot of activities for crew members and their family, encourages volunteer work. Supervisors are always available and very helpful, co workers are awesome and its just an overall great company with even better product and service.

Cons

Some tech issues with equipment

Non Ethical leadership in disguise of nice guy.

Current Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member
    Current Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Only pro I have here is working with a great set of Individuals, They make a good team except a handful that will always go other directions.

Cons

5 core values(available on JetBlue log or website) died long ago, the new goal of the company is return on the investments and Fat paychecks for those who sits in the office and are allowed to make stupid and sense less decisions to blow millions of dollars without prior approval and make crewmembers suffers, I would like to give an award to the board of directors for voting out David Neelman and bringing in the failures from the big airlines to run the show for instance Robin Hayes. He may be able to return on the investments but he sure won't be able to retain the good work force. My station everything is about budget, short crew who cares there other mules who will suffer but we are saving. They can feel care less if I die of a heat stroke but wearing jackets are mandatory because I sit in the office where AC blows 60 degrees. A lots of sexism as girls have options other than jackets but if you are a male you are SOL. Anyways you get the point unless you want to suffer working do not apply. You deserve better. Because if you complain your General Manager will say this to you " you don't have to work, you can turn in your badge and leave", because you are nothing but a number to them.

Happy Crewmembers creates Happy Customers who will keep flying loyally with your airline which will generate profit and ultimately return on the Investments, this could just be opposite like an equation of + and - . Just Imagine one day of operation where customers refuses to fly JetBlue because of bad customer service now on the other side just Imagine one day of Operation where all 14000+ crewmembers call out because of bad leadership. Loss are greater on the company side more than crewmembers side, we may lose a pay for a day but company will lose profit for the whole quarter. My only advice to the Leadership is to be reasonable to your front line crewmembers after all they will take care of you as always on the rainy days(IROPS).

Great company and brand

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

Management treats employees very well

Cons

None that I can think of

Proud company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great growth opportunities. Great travel benefits. Some investments in culture like facilities and other benefits. Some departments and positions support commuting,

Cons

Company culture is changing from being very flexible to expecting high results. History of not addressing low performers which put extra stress on others. Poor work/life balance.

Expect some challenge as the culture changes and those who were with JetBlue in the early days can't adjust.

Hands down, best airline to work for!

Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Schedule flexibility, good compensation, full benefits, free domestic travel for yourself and family.

Cons

Not a lot of flights to/from west coast, airline is transitioning to bigger company and still operating like a mom and pop business.

Please revamp the infrastructure to reflect growing operation. We need more spare aircrafts and reserve inflight staff.

Great Company with a Fun Atmosphere

Current Employee - Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Personal Time off is very generous, work-life balance is great with many flexible options, some employees telecommute and it's an option for many. Executive leadership is very responsive.

Cons

A bit behind the times with some technology that would be helpful on the employee front, money appears to be spent on the customer experience rather than tools that make working there easier. Interesting internal mobility procedures can make it very difficult to move around if you do not work in a department that can be without you for an (often unspecified) period of time to "act" in a role.