JetBlue

JetBlue Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger

Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements (in 45 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises (in 8 reviews)

• Not very good at trickling down top management new ideas to middle management (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for!

Reservations Agent (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsGreat culture! Value based company.

ConsShfts are based on seniority. But you can trade shifts to add flexibility

Interesting...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prostravel benefits were really great

Consalways being on reserve got tiring

Director

ProsThe benefits, matching 401k, flight benefits, people you work with

ConsNew leadership is changing, unions are starting to invade the company, worried about losing CEO founder

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose sight of your most important assets, the people. Consultants are not always the answer, they have a place in businesses but should not assume they are smarter than the people running the business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ground operations

Ground Operations (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsTravel benefits are amazing. Schedule extremely flexible.

ConsTreatment of employees once they get hurt on the job is horrendous. Used they flexibility againt me. and left me with a permanent injury to my back and terminated my employment. Only abides by the own rules when convinient and also poor management in key bluecities hides most problems that the company has at stations at the expense of the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to your values. These are meant for costumers and employees alike. Care for your employees especially when they are dealing with injuries and hardship. Also audit your own stations and a unexpected time. You will see what really goes on that's not written on the reports send to corporate

Great Culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosflight benefits, work at home, weekly pay, culture, brand, people

Conslow pay, point system, shift bid

Profits over people.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jamaica, NY (US)

ProsFlight benefits, decent 401(k). Stock options were a nice touch, helped to compensate the abysmal salaries.

ConsMass layoff in order to hire contracting companies. Not losing money, just decided they aren't in that 'business' anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at who your middle management is and where they come from. If they came from a failing airline, chances are they are going to make you fail also.

Definitely a family, not just a company.

In Flight Crew (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsFree air travel. Part of a family. Excellent culture.

ConsTerrible pay. Not understanding when family matters arise. Management is horribly inexperienced.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire baby blue's for inflight management.

Great culture

Sales (Former Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsI loved the family feel and emphasis on core values.

ConsPay rate (but that is just being greedy)

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you monitor the dollars spent. There was plenty of waste.

It's a family not just a job.

Crew Support (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsJetBlue is a family. You have fun with your coworkers. Reservations is open 24/7 and that means crazy hours to fit your crazy life. If you live in Utah you can work from home after training. There are plenty of departments to move around in and keep you interested.

ConsReservations schedules change every four months. You could love your shift and then have to change your while life. It takes forever to get seniority. It's also very easy to get points but difficult to get rid of them so beware.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it a little easier to get rid of points. I left the company I loved because of a few late starts and some family emergencies.

Culture

In Flight Crew Member (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsOne unique thing about B6 is the people have created an amazing culture. The company gives us the tools to be able make our customers experience amazing.

ConsMore diversity in the leadership would be amazing.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!