Jenny Craig

Updated 18 November, 2014
Updated 18 November, 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 44 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Very low pay for the job we did (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Employee for 10 yrs in New Jersey market

Current Employee - JCC
    Current Employee - JCC

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Helping clients get to an maintain there goal weight. Some times being a therapist to my clients as well as a friend.

Cons

Very underpaid, not getting reconnized for the hard work an dedication that you gave to the company. With the new compensation plan I will be making $7,000 less then the previous year an about $20,000 less from 4 yrs ago. An now after 10 yrs you can no longer get a raise. The worst thing is I will be making the same compensation as some consultants who didn't have clients . As well as some centers who should have closed down already.

Pay the Jcc's individually by there hard work and dedication and there clientele . Because not every employee made money for the company. Some were just skating by for a paycheck

Micromanaged, horrible scheduling practices, expendable sales staff

Current Employee - Program Director in Arlington, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Program Director in Arlington, TX (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Help people try to lose weight.
    Pay for mileage for my position

Cons

Not enough pay for the work expectations.
    Not much room for advancement.
    Non-managerial staff was treated as if they had no life outside of JC.

Don't complain right along with the staff.

great

Current Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good money and nice people.

Cons

too many lazy ppl in the department.

Company doesn't care much for its employees

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in South Florida, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in South Florida, FL (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, except when understaffed and you can't take time off.

Cons

Terrible pay. Constant restructuring. Short staffed

Those of us that work in the centers love what we do and believe in what we do. You need to take a good look at your area market directors, etc...they do not care about anything but the numbers.

Truth be told!

Current Employee - Center Director
    Current Employee - Center Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Love the opportunity to help change peoples lives. Teaches skill set in sales and valued service. Take the opportunity to absorb techniques to use in every day life and for advancement.

Cons

Changes!...hmmm..what company has not been evaluating their best financial and strategic moves to support the constant changes in their business. Is there really a company that has started paying their employees more in the midst of rebuilding their empire? No! All Employees need to have faith and pride in what they do and why they do it! The expectations of some individuals are unrealistic as it is. Reap what you sew..you get what you give.. what happened to hard work? My cons are not with the company..we all have choices where we want to be. .my cons are in the negative. ..especially when we preach progress not perfection. ...remember?

If anything maybe being a little more transparent. Allowing employees at all levels to have a voice. Letting them in a little more.Its like being a parent. .. when our child gets in trouble we will defend them automatically ..all the way to the end. However, if we find out they were withholding information we don't feel so good about that. Just something to think about.
    And only complaint I have. .health care..crazy expensive and huge deductibles. The way it was handled this year was not the best at all. Can we maybe have options of who we would like to go through?

Some growth opportunites, but mostly a painful experience.

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience. Most of the staff at Jenny are interesting and commited people.

Cons

Management style is abusive and a one way street. They are not concerned about the staff in the company. Many demands and very little giving.

Learn to treat people with respect.

No Place to Go

Former Employee - Program Director in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Program Director in Tucson, AZ (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You are able to help people lose weight and make a difference in their lives

Cons

There is no room for advancement. The company is constantly changing. The pay is TERRIBLE. The hours can be long and you spend a lot of time calling people who don't want to come back and lose weight.

Get some consistency and pay people what they deserve.

New Compensation......Sucks

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with clients~~motivating and encouraging them on their journey. Waking up in the morning excited by the thought of "whose life to I get to change today"?
    LOVE my Center Director and staff.

Cons

Let me start by saying I was a client in the 1990's and lost over 100 lbs - this company changed my life so it is with a heavy heart that I write a negative review. The food is expensive and I am receiving negative comments about the quality of the foods from clients since the new changes. I work hard calling clients to get them back on the program - just last week I had 4 RTA's back for a week and they quit this week due to poor food quality (taste has changed and not for the better, portions smaller, some packages are not sealed - fruit removed for french toast is a HUGE sore spot for most clients to name a few) and the expense of the food. I understand that the company needs to be profitable - but it's hard to sell the food when other pre-packaged foods on the market are much less expensive and there is little to no difference in the quality now.
    The new compensation plan - well sucks. I was with the company for 3 yrs and left to help in our family business. I came back 2 years ago and with JC business being down, took a significant pay cut due to lower commissions. I love the job so I figured I would trade lower wages for doing something I love. I had high hopes for the new compensation plan. My previous years of experience are not being considered. What this means is that a new employee coming in off the street with NO experience will make the same as me - with close to 5 yrs experience. My base is now $16,200 BEFORE taxes.....really? This is not a living wage - once income taxes, health insurance and gas to get to and from work are removed I will net $475.00/month. This is not a typo - that's $475.00 PER MONTH!! In looking at the bonus structure, IF and this is a big IF our center meets the 120% to quota - well then I will make 60% of what i used to make.
    BREAKS MY HEART what is becoming of this company. I hope this generates the profits the company is looking for - but you are alienating clients and hard working JCC's can no longer afford to work here anymore.

Rethink what you are doing - low quality expensive food and employees that are no longer motivated - is this really a recipe for success? I really have no suggestions because upper management clearly has an agenda and doesn't care that the majority of their employees are now living well below the poverty line. How will new employees relate to clients that can afford this program - huge class gap! Hey I know - maybe some counseling on how to apply for food stamps or other government assistance!

Program Director

Former Employee - Program Director
    Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Monthly training Sessions for all Program Directors

Cons

Pay sucks for pd's if you don't have people coming to start up again or to start. You rarely get to see clients that you started up unless it is to renew their memberships. Management has unrealistic goals as far as monthly sales go unless your in a highly populated health conscious area. They also don't actually care about what will help the customers, instead its all about only jenny products and how to take more of their money. Monthly meetings were a joke where they tell you about what areas are doing the best and tell you that you need to do better, everyone is fake in their intent and it's a day of management attempting to improve sales by calling out what has worked in the past.

Company philosophy is failing big time. No one makes decent money unless they are management. You cut back hours for program directors and consultants when those are the people who keep centers going instead of changing the business plan. My center closed shortly after I left because there weren't enough people coming through the doors and that will continue to happen all over.

Clients make the job very rewarding- it's dollar coaster journey for both the client and consultant

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Office staff makes the daily job enjoyable

Cons

Company does not care about their staff, it's only about the revenue

Long term employees shouldn't be penalized with wages due to a changes with management staff

Jenny Craig Photos