Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals (in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

LOve what you do and the people, not for money.

Center Director (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC (US)

ProsIf you love helping people, clients, then you'll love this job.
    Solid program - it works.

ConsYou are not getting rich here.
    JC, like the rest of the industry has its challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing the right things.

Info for Ft. Lauderdale consultant seeking more info for new compensation

Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsMaking good money but apparently not for long and I like helping clients reach their goal, flexible hours

ConsI have a friend who is in the DFW new compensation plan for jenny. Consultants who have been there less than 10 years got a hourly pay raise ranging from $2 to $4 an hour, anyone over 10 years got maybe about a $1 an hour raise. There is no wage increase once you hit the top hourly wage at 10 years.
     There is no more commission for anything apparently. The only way to make anymore than your hourly pay is if your center makes quota ( it goes up in 5% increments. Which means your market director sets your quota and that is not always set in a fair way for all centers ( so you could have a very high quota which is almost impossible to meet ) and if you have just one slacker in your center that could also sabotage your chances to get any quota bonus.
     I heard they also just rolled out a comeback bonus too. So unless you can get every client to come back every 2 weeks you lose again. That bonus is also on a sliding scale but also it is a center bonus again too.
     A couple of people could be doing all the work to make sure to get bonus's and other staff could do almost nothing and get the same bonus as those who work. Nothing is different for those in high volume centers and those centers who do less than half of a high volume revenue center. I understand that there is supposed to be one other area coming soon.
     I was also told that people are leaving because they can't count on these bonus's ( they are bonus's and have no guarantee you will get them ). Apparently these employees are having trouble being able to pay their bills. I think all this reduction in salary is because jenny has been losing money and now that they are going to be associated with Curves the new CEO wants to lower jenny employee wages to more like Curves lower wages. I am not looking forward to this when it hits me. They seem to think experience is not worth anything and neither is bringing lots of money into centers. You get paid apparently only for how long you have worked for jenny and that is only to 10 years employment -- not for how you perform !!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees a fair wage for what they do

Loved the job….center director was horrible!

Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) South Portland, ME (US)

Proscaring for people and their goals, great co-workers

Consnot enough pay for what is required, sales goals are annoying and rude to customers being forced to cold call and sell, management was like a drill sergeant with an arrogant attitude and very rude to all employees, too much work for so little pay

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Life Changing Experience

Center Director (Current Employee) North Chicago, IL (US)

ProsRewarding, change peoples lives, flexible, different everyday, fun, meeting new people, developing strong relationships and learning great motivation skills

ConsNot consistent because, of the way the compensation is at the time.The weight loss/food purchases fluctuates so much with clients during holidays, vacations and summer time.

Things are moving in the right direction

Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsWe are apart of the compensation pilot and I'm making more money than ever before. The company is finally paying us to actually help people, what a concept!

ConsOffers seem to change weekly and it's hard to keep updated on all the new information.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy Center Director is great and we have a new Market Director that seems to care about us and is fun. In the past, we've had crappy management and much turnover in upper management. I'm hoping this one will stick around, she is helping us make money and help clients.

Does not care about employees, understaffed, erratic hours

Centre Director (Former Employee)

ProsRewarding position helping clients meet goals; discounts on food; program and stated values based on positive concepts that go beyond weight loss

ConsUnderstaffed and high employee turn over; told I had to cancel previously approved vacation time or would lose my job; stores began operating inconsistent hours, making it difficult to maintain customers; benefits were terrible; HR was unhelpful with many employee complaints

Fun meeting so many clients, but little compensation

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Roseville, MN (US)

ProsMet lots of wonderful people as clients and co-workers. Fun challenge to help every person be successful.

ConsRestructuring commission put pay at very little.

Centre Director

ProsGreat people to work with!

ConsNothing bad to say about Jenny Craig

does not care about employees

Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee)

Prosmeeting new people that need help

Conspay and respect for their employees

Advice to Senior Managementhire better management

Employees highly undervalued, poor management and poor compensation

Weight Loss Consultant/Program Director (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA (US)

ProsSatisfaction of helping your clients lose weight and learning how to maintain a healthy lifestyle - not just diet. You really do change lives. Very rewarding.

Cons"Management" is a complete joke. Totally unprofessional, unqualified micro-managers with no skills or knowledge of proper management. They completely undervalue the hard work that their program directors and consultants put in - AND all for measly pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice is to mandate any center director, assistant center director, program director or supervisors to management classes and learn how to manage people. This includes both Jenny Craig at Home corporate and center employees. Their current methods often demotivate their teams and discourage a positive work environment. This will never prove successful for a sales driven workplace.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!