Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated 19 September, 2014
Updated 19 September, 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals (in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

An ok job.

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time for less than a year

Pros

I like helping people with their health goals. I like the 2-3 week training at the beginning. I like the teamwork. It's quite fulfilling and satisfying. i like that they can cover my shift quite easily if I need to take time off.

If i didn't like working with most of the people in my team, i wouldn't stay.

Cons

You are paid pretty much the minimum wage to consult to clients - and consulting can sometimes be emotionally demanding. You also have to consult, take the menu order and pack food for clients in less than 20 min each. When you have clients booked, one after each other, all day long, it can be exhausting, stressful and tiring. The commissions are so little, they are not worth the stress and minimum pay.

You will need a second job, a financially supportive partner or to live back with your parents if you want to make this your career - otherwise you can't support yourself on this salary!

Since the arrival of the new CEO/owners means that most Weight Loss consultants' hours have been cut in the name of productivity. They will surely, maybe sooner, find out that we will not be able to deliver the high level of service in the less time to service clients, creating stress and dissatisfaction for the both the consultant and the clients.

Pay the consultants more and you'll get more loyalty, focus and commitment back.

Tons of opportunities

Current Employee - Market Director  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Market Director in Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Promotable opportunities, flexible schedules, fun energetic enviroment. We cultivate a culture of skilled, caring consultants who literally change the lives of our clients. We provide ongoing training and idea sharing consistently. Company benefits are extensive and full time status at 30 hours weekly.

Cons

Trying to adapt and change the perception of our program to the public.

Stay on course and communicate consistently with the field.

Consultant

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It's great to be able to help customers to loose weight.

Cons

Training is very basic.
    No place to advance .
    An for those consultant that are bilingual, who bring lots of customers,do not get better pay.
    Impossible to express opinions if it goes against management.

Let the employee express their opinion. The consultant are the ones that are always in contact with the customers, so they know what the customers really wants. So take in consideration if they have an opinion.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall good company and good to work for

Current Employee - Jenny Craig Consultant  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Current Employee - Jenny Craig Consultant in Omaha, NE (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working days, and they are pretty flexible with your schedule

Cons

Management could be better with communication.

Customer Care Coordinator

Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator  in  Huntington Beach, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Huntington Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun coworkers and centre director. Clients are also very nice, depending on the day. Good job while in college.

Cons

Their technology could be better. I think now that it is owned by Nestle, they should be able to afford better technology for their staff.

Push corporate for help with new equipment.

Center Director

Current Employee - Center Director
    Current Employee - Center Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Helping people accomplish their goals. Changing lives. Developing my team & seeing them grow. It's a fun atmosphere to work in. I am very excited with the direction the new company is taking us.

Cons

Pay is low. It's challenging to ask so much of my team, when I know how little they're making. New compensation is being tested in a few markets, and seems to be successful.

Continue improving on outdated policies. Launch a compensation plan that helps our clients and employees succeed.

review

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

flexible hours was nice to have

Cons

rate of pay was low for the work involved

Marketing Department is a Cluster, IT Department is Outdated

Former Employee - Marketing Position
    Former Employee - Marketing Position

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for less than a year

Pros

Health Insurance Benefits are always a great pro at any company.

Cons

The marketing department is essentially a comedy of errors. Flakes and slackers producing uninspired work put-out that is coasting on old, tired procedures, campaigns and processes. The digital marketing group especially has seen turnover something fierce - and not because of the layoffs, but from people being flat-out fired. The IT department is run by people who do not know their technology, especially leadership at the service management level. We all have wondered why the lay-offs have not reeled in certain folks. It is no wonder the company was sold off for a song.

Perhaps remove those who have done nothing to remain abreast in their fields - especially those in the IT department. Marketing should crack the core clique at the leadership level and bring in new talent.

Company us Going Bankrupt

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Nice People, Good Starting Industry

Cons

Low Pay, Bad Executive Leadership

Stop Changing Company Goals Every 3 Months. Find a Holding Pattern and Feel The Market

Jenny Craig

Former Employee - Area Market Director  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Area Market Director in San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The interaction with clients and coworkers working together to help people make their lives better. Feeling that I made a difference everyday.

Cons

Very disorganized from a management perspective. No clear objective. People moving from this to that to try to increase business.

Choose the path you intend to follow and then train your people well. Let them succeed. Trust your team to bring you what you need. Changing paths every other month is confusing and morale defeating.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!