Jenny Craig

Updated 12 December, 2014
Updated 12 December, 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 45 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Our center director doesn't really motivate us just wants to be our friend more (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

rewarding

Former Employee - Centre Director
    Former Employee - Centre Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You get to meet new people and help them change their lives. The hours are great.

Cons

Most are doing the job of 2-3 people. The company is consistently changing for the better but sometimes it's too much change at once.

change the way of leads coming in...
    There should be a way for Directors to communicate with one another to feed off ideas and keep the motivation going.
    Have Consultants team up with another team member from another state. They can at then bring ideas to one other keep each other motivated.
    There is a lot that can be done that hasn't been done that is really simple.

Difficult

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The clients is what made the job fun. The consultant and client equally cared about each other.

Cons

The new pay structure sent me packing. The management is terrible and needs training on how to properly treat and keep employees. The management also needs to treat clients properly.

Let your employees learn and develop at their own pace. Let employees develop dialogue that is comfortable for them. Don't demand perfection because no one is perfect. Don't discuss employees with other employees. It causes conflict in the office. Be a professional center director and treat everyone with respect, especially if that is how you want to be treated. Don't micromanage your employees. If you don't like your job as a center director, get a different one; don't take it out on the employees.

No support from local leaders

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with the people. The employees and the members were great.

Cons

There is no support from management. Pay changes mean lower pay and less hours. They expect employees to work open to close 6-7 days a week and be grateful when sent home on 3 hour breaks.

Rethink the local management structure. Evaluate not only employees but allow employees to evaluate their managers to let corporate know where things need to change instead of allowing managers to pull the wool over corporates eyes when they walk in.

Too many good people stuck in a bad situation

Current Employee - IT Department in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Employee - IT Department in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are genuinely good people working at Jenny - they are the reason I stayed as long as I did.

Cons

Bad pay, long hours, no room for growth, gross mismanagement.

Lighten up, let people have a little fun.

Program Director

Former Employee - Program Director
    Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Monthly training Sessions for all Program Directors

Cons

Pay sucks for pd's if you don't have people coming to start up again or to start. You rarely get to see clients that you started up unless it is to renew their memberships. Management has unrealistic goals as far as monthly sales go unless your in a highly populated health conscious area. They also don't actually care about what will help the customers, instead its all about only jenny products and how to take more of their money. Monthly meetings were a joke where they tell you about what areas are doing the best and tell you that you need to do better, everyone is fake in their intent and it's a day of management attempting to improve sales by calling out what has worked in the past.

Company philosophy is failing big time. No one makes decent money unless they are management. You cut back hours for program directors and consultants when those are the people who keep centers going instead of changing the business plan. My center closed shortly after I left because there weren't enough people coming through the doors and that will continue to happen all over.

Employee for 10 yrs in New Jersey market

Current Employee - JCC
    Current Employee - JCC

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Helping clients get to an maintain there goal weight. Some times being a therapist to my clients as well as a friend.

Cons

Very underpaid, not getting reconnized for the hard work an dedication that you gave to the company. With the new compensation plan I will be making $7,000 less then the previous year an about $20,000 less from 4 yrs ago. An now after 10 yrs you can no longer get a raise. The worst thing is I will be making the same compensation as some consultants who didn't have clients . As well as some centers who should have closed down already.

Pay the Jcc's individually by there hard work and dedication and there clientele . Because not every employee made money for the company. Some were just skating by for a paycheck

Micromanaged, horrible scheduling practices, expendable sales staff

Current Employee - Program Director in Arlington, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Program Director in Arlington, TX (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Help people try to lose weight.
    Pay for mileage for my position

Cons

Not enough pay for the work expectations.
    Not much room for advancement.
    Non-managerial staff was treated as if they had no life outside of JC.

Don't complain right along with the staff.

Company doesn't care much for its employees

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in South Florida, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in South Florida, FL (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, except when understaffed and you can't take time off.

Cons

Terrible pay. Constant restructuring. Short staffed

Those of us that work in the centers love what we do and believe in what we do. You need to take a good look at your area market directors, etc...they do not care about anything but the numbers.

great

Current Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good money and nice people.

Cons

too many lazy ppl in the department.

Truth be told!

Current Employee - Center Director
    Current Employee - Center Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Love the opportunity to help change peoples lives. Teaches skill set in sales and valued service. Take the opportunity to absorb techniques to use in every day life and for advancement.

Cons

Changes!...hmmm..what company has not been evaluating their best financial and strategic moves to support the constant changes in their business. Is there really a company that has started paying their employees more in the midst of rebuilding their empire? No! All Employees need to have faith and pride in what they do and why they do it! The expectations of some individuals are unrealistic as it is. Reap what you sew..you get what you give.. what happened to hard work? My cons are not with the company..we all have choices where we want to be. .my cons are in the negative. ..especially when we preach progress not perfection. ...remember?

If anything maybe being a little more transparent. Allowing employees at all levels to have a voice. Letting them in a little more.Its like being a parent. .. when our child gets in trouble we will defend them automatically ..all the way to the end. However, if we find out they were withholding information we don't feel so good about that. Just something to think about.
    And only complaint I have. .health care..crazy expensive and huge deductibles. The way it was handled this year was not the best at all. Can we maybe have options of who we would like to go through?

Jenny Craig Photos