Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated 14 October, 2014
Updated 14 October, 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 41 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Jenny Craig, great if starting off in sales and customer service

Former Employee - Jenny Craig Consultant in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Jenny Craig Consultant in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Jenny Craig is a great company if you are starting off in sales and customer service.

The very best thing about this job is the relationships built with clients. I loved working with them week to week and helping them meet their goals. It is personally rewarding to help someone do something they have been trying to do for a long time.

Also office dynamics can be very good depending on the co-workers in your center.

Cons

Finding coverage when needing time off was very difficult.

The pay was not great. The raise offered at the yearly review was pitiful.

The insurance benefits offered by Jenny Craig are not good.

Offer better benefits and pay.

Have floats for various positions to help with coverage when employees need time off.

Good place to start your business career, but don't expect much mobility

Current Employee - Center Director in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Center Director in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This place has a very friendly atmosphere and the clients are fantastic. It is amazing to watch clients go through a life-changing transformation.

Cons

Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care. They are focused more on hitting quotas and retaining clients than actually creating a healthy work environment. Salary is not great at all, and if you hate being put on the spot in front of everyone in a training/sales scenario, this is not the place for you. Calling you out in meetings is the crux of how they train sales with employees. I personally feel that humiliation is often the result and do not pursue this practice as a manager.

Pay and benefits are rather sad in this company. If you increased pay and benefits, you would ultimately experience a lower turn-over rate. You would also have more driven employees. Also, training for sales and calls should be an individual training event between a manager and subordinate. Stop with the round-robins and group displays. It's not a productive practice and often alienates those that struggle instead of giving personal training and counseling in their weaker areas.

Terrible Work Culture

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There is nothing they offer that's worth the crap they put you through.

Cons

They have so many meetings that eat up 60% of your day and then the managers get upset when nothing gets done. The bureaucracy and countless forms pretty much make sure that you hide issues instead of fixing them. There is zero customer service and you're graded on quotas and numbers instead of your actual job performance. Lord forbid you make a mistake.

Great for Clients, Bad for Employees

Current Employee - Program Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Program Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people reach their goals and change their unhealthy dieting habits. Clients rely heavily on the advice shared by consultants, which makes us feel golden.

Cons

The pay is pretty low. There are no perks, no recognition and no room for growth,

You should treat your consultants better, with better pay & recognition, especially since you claim they are the secret ingredient to the program!

Awful

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

There is nothing good. This employer is rude! Never again will I work or refer people.

Cons

The pay sucks. Always changing and restructuring. No help from senior management. Can't wait to leave.

Felt this was my calling away to help other's. Finished up disappointed and sad

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Building relationships with the clients to help them with there weight loss journey . Seeing life's changing , working with a great team of consultants and made long life friends

Cons

Bad pay, Bad management, bullying and harassment by in house management, hours been cut no support from HR or UPPER MANAGEMENT, resulted in my resignation after working with jenny for a long time and loved my job and clients

Train your centre CL on how to treat staff , teach them not to single out some employees which is a act of discrimination, Teach them to train and support in team meetings . Bring back the CARE FACTOR

Emotionally Rewarding

Current Employee - Centre Director
    Current Employee - Centre Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The program works! Becoming a cohesive weight loss program.

Cons

Upper Management has no concept of employee engagement. There is not enough focus on celebrating the consultants (the core of the business). Time to increase wages and celebrate the hard work of this position.

Time to increase wages and celebrate the hard work of this position.

I felt pressured to promote poor body imagining.

Former Employee - Program Director in Brookfield, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Program Director in Brookfield, WI (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed talking with the sales consultants and helping clients with changing their lifestyle to a heathier alternative.

Cons

The pressure to meet goals and the comparison to other locations was extremely stressful.

I felt management should have been focus not just on sales but on retaining clients and improving customer service.

Thank You - Finally!

Current Employee - Jenny Craig Home Office Employee in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Jenny Craig Home Office Employee in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helping clients lose weight, co-workers and work location.

Cons

Lots of changes without the test of time, management doesn't listen to employees, HR practices that make no sense and bossy people. But I'm going to give the new management a chance to make things better.

Thank you for shedding the mean blonde duo at the top; they will not be missed and did not have the company's best interest in mind or any sense of professionalism, personal accountability or ethics. Talk about one covering for the other and then calling it legal - what a joke. We're in much better shape now. Nestle was fooled by them but thank goodness you weren't.

An OK company

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

30hrs is full time, discount on food

Cons

Scheduling can be tough with split shifts being very common. Management is often terrible within this company. Hard to advance

Jenny Craig Photos