Jenny Craig
www.jennycraig.com Carlsbad, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Monty Sharma

Pros:
  • "Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals"
    in 25 reviews
  • "Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed"
    in 19 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management does not care about your home life, not family friendly"
    in 20 reviews
  • "Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay"
    in 12 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

client coordinator

Jenny Craig (Current Employee)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Prosfun environment, positive workplace, lots of experience in sales and lots of room to grow, management is fairly understanding, and I never worried about being paid

Consmean sales tactics, they don't see people they see money, you feel like a telemarketer, you constantly on the phone bothering people

Retail commission sales job disguised in an office environment

Program Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBuilding relationships with clients.
Some fellow employees are great to work with
Program itself is fantastic
Pay not so bad

ConsHaving to work 2 split shifts per week, 2 late nights. Upper management does not care about your home life, not family friendly.Insane amount of pressure to sell. Constantly treated as if employees were children. No HR department, any issues go to management and upper management who have had no training in employee relations. Management holds grudges if you disagree with them, will either be terminated or demoted. Constant turnover with employees, which in turn causes loyal employees to work long hours and expected overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, please hire new upper management. Hire a new market analyst, and figure the business out that way rather than setting quotas and then having to "lower" them so uppers can get paid . Upper management should not be in charge of human resources and of every aspect of the business when they have no formal training at all. A 30% increase is unrealistic every year. Please start treating employees with respect and remember their name when you speak to them, the best way to get employees buy-in is to show how it's done, not sit and micromanage. Clients deserve to be seen as people, not dollar amounts. Also, communicating via fax machine is passé and very time consuming.
Employees are loyal to the clients, not to the company

Program Consultant

Program Consultant (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

ProsHelping Clients reach their goals, and seeing them succeed

ConsThe hours are horrible, splits and inconsistent pay because of hours. They are behind the times of their competitors. They are really losing out on the market with their lack of new marketing ideas and technology . Cost of food for many clients that cannot afford it after a period of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementTelemarketing old clients that haven't been in the centre for years...let's try something more updated and fresh. Have some compassion for clients. Not just viewing them as a dollar sign. AMD and MD...not really sure what they do? Except tell the Centre directors that they have to hit quota!!!? Really lacks the vision that I thought it would be.

Unappreciated

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Montreal, QC

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSuccess of clients achieving there goals.

ConsThe center director's bosses(amd's) and executives have no appreciation for the hard work of all the individual centers' staff. Its all about numbers for them. They do not care about the clients, only the amount of money that comes in. There is no passion from them and this is a business that requires passion and compassion for the clients. They overwork the staff and do not want the staff to make too much commision. It sucks!

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain the amd's to have a better understanding of the market, the clients, and appreciation of the staff. Train them to be supportive, instead of being so cold and constantly complaining. You can get much more out of employee with honey, then, the vinegar that they are constantly pouring.

csc

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Prosnone, not really any benifits

ConsTerrible company to work for. Company just cares about money, and that is it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a good look at the reviews from clients and employees. Your company is awful. No appreciation for the ones that work for you, bringing, in the big bucks.

rewarding

Consultant (Current Employee)
Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

Prosknowing you have helped someone reach their goals , great team to work with, lots of training and dialogue.

ConsPay can be some what inconsistant due to commission, being an american company canada can get left out of the loop for buinsess growth.

Advice to Senior Managementrealise what you have in your staff and how hard they work alot of hard work is not measured in metrics but in client satisfaction.

Stress

Programme Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIf you work hard the paycheques are great.

ConsGetting time off is like pulling teeth, company does not care about employees, movement upwards within the company is difficult after a certain point, the position is incredibly high stress expect to work way more than the 38.5 hours a week you're told you'll be working. Everything is scripted. Management has no idea what they are doing. High staff turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to keep staff around who are good at their job, treat them with more respect and don't burn them out in the first 3 years.

Worked like a slave and not appreciated

Program Consultant (Former Employee)
Mississauga, ON

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for less than a year

ProsSome nice clients, being able to help people achieve their goals.

ConsManagement turns a blind eye to all the things going wrong in their centres. Very outdated training and policy's. You are treated like a toddler. Hours and splits are horrible, you are worked like s lave for pennies.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff, they have the answers to help your company from falling apart!

The worst manager to work with;makes employees victim of her personal life and behaviour

Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee)
Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Jenny Craig

ProsDiscount on food and helping people

ConsThe worst management and only if your a inhuman then only one can survive

Advice to Senior ManagementHr needs to pay heed to ongoing loss of good employees and rotten managers need to be disregarded than losing 10good employees to one cruel manager

JC review

Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Jenny Craig

ProsWorking with the clients and seeing them reach their goals

ConsLittle to no Management support

Advice to Senior Managementmore consistant recognition to top preformers

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jenny Craig reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Jenny Craig CEO Monty Sharma. All 196 reviews are posted anonymously by Jenny Craig employees.