Jenny Craig
www.jennycraig.com Carlsbad, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Monty Sharma

Pros:
  • "Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals"
    in 25 reviews
  • "Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed"
    in 19 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management does not care about your home life, not family friendly"
    in 20 reviews
  • "Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay"
    in 12 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A great opportunity to learn tried and true sales skills!

Center Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

ProsA rewarding environment and fun to get to know the clients

ConsWorking with almost all women; a lot of back stabbing and cattiness

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your field people respectfully, there would not be a corporate office if it were not for the field

Weight Loss Consultant

Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee)
Tucson, AZ (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHelping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals.

ConsAdvancement difficult due to small organization.

Not Right - Learned from the WSJ Jenny' was sold!

Market Director (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI used to think that we had a solid weight loss program and we could help others - but apparently not if we've just been sold but ..... That means good news - NEW management! make us strong again.

ConsPoor communication, a complete lack of respect for employees that Dana and her so called management team couldn't even tell us about the sale before it hit the press - Just plain sad and inconsiderate. Another sign that it's time for this management team to pack up and let Curves do better.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat us respectfully, be honest, pay us fairly and we'll work hard to make the company successful. This management team was a disgrace - bring on the next one!!

Curves Ahead

Market Director (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat program to help clients lose weight, scientifically proven, not difficult to follow. Food is tasty and there's great variety to keep things interesting while you loose.

ConsManagement, management, and management. Whether its Division Directors, Market Directors or Corporate leadership it's unethical, back stabbing and mean girls pretending to play business.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange should bring change, if it doesn't then Jenny is still headed for demise. New ownership has a chance to right the ship, and bring major management change including a new management team that can stay on course and navigate the curves ahead.

Love the job, dislike the pressure from management. Having fun is not allowed.

I have been working at Jenny Craig

ProsHelping people reach weight loss goals with motivation and making them feel better, and leaving the center happy each week.

ConsBeing constantly critisized for style flexing not being up to par, when success with clients has been proven consistantly.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise the compensation package so employees can rely on their salary to make a decent living, or at least a decent contribution to a 2 salary family.

Currently working, ready for company to go under...

Program Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPersonal satisfaction in knowing you can help another human being become healthier and gain more self-confidence when they can lose (and hopefully) keep their excess weight off.

ConsThe executives don't have a clue, do regional managers are selfish, the centers are bleeding the company dry because their prices are ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the company go all online like Nutrisystem, because you know that is the future of the company because your programs and food are too expensive and you treat your staff like horse manure!

I love my job and my coworkers.....salary unlivable!

Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHelping people achieve their weight loss goals. I work with a great team of people. Pleasant working environment. Helping people brings me great satisfaction

ConsPoor salary. Commission structure. The company is not doing well. I am the highest biller in my center and yet over the last 2 years I have made less money. Because the phones aren't ringing as they used too. All of my coworkers are wore worried about paying their bills (as I am). People are resigning left and right. I am trying to be hopeful that a change will come, but in am worried. I may too have to look elsewhere for employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter marketing. Get us a great spokesperson! Stop retiring popular foods. Many of our clients are purchasing lean cuisines for more variety and cheaper costs. Lean cuisine is also made by Nestles, our parent company. Offer shakes and bars as meals on the go for our clients.

One of the most dysfunctional organizations I have ever worked for.

Consultant (Current Employee)
Dale City, VA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHelping our clients meet their weight loss goals to lead healthier lives.

ConsSalary is low, commissions are based on your food and product sales. In a bad economy paychecks will barely pay bills. Constant push to sell sell sell, with no compassion for clients that are also trying to make ends meet and still try to loose weight.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic with goals and center quotas. When they are set to a unreasonable level don't blame your employees they are doing the best they can in most cases.

Center Director

Center Director (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHelping people reach their wight loss goals.
Working with like minded people.
Coaching your team.

Consworking retail hours and a lot especially if you are a center manager "Center Director"

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that working on commission is the wrong approach for a team work environment, especially since the base pay is minimum wage. You can update that along with everything else.

Helping people attain their weight loss goals

I have been working at Jenny Craig

ProsBe a part of clients success. Being part of their transformation into being healthier more confident individuals

Conspay is not always consistent month to month

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jenny Craig reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Jenny Craig CEO Monty Sharma. All 196 reviews are posted anonymously by Jenny Craig employees.