Janssen

Great summer experience

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Janssen as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome work-life balance, very positive learning environment. The people I did work closely with were outstanding people and very smart. I learned so much during my placement and would highly recommend it. It's a very successful company and difficult to get in, so if you do get in you should take advantage.

Cons

My intern experience was poorer than most at the company. I was close with a lot of interns and they were given adequate responsibility and included in many meetings and activities. I felt like an outsider most of my time there, with my hiring manager being quite poor at following our progress or even delegating us work. A lot of time was spent trying to figure out what to do with ourselves.

Great Company

I have been working at Janssen as a contractor

Pros

Great life-work balance at this company

Cons

Difficult to full time employment

Sale manger of Incivo (Telaprevir )

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Janssen full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

To work in a challenging position, where I can deploy my skills in an optimal way thereby enhancing my potential and contributing towards the Organizational growth.

Cons

at Janssen we keep getting out of stock , because of bad placing of order ,which is disaster for a sale of products

Doctors belongs to one of this categories :
    1.Academic , they need to be convince regarding quality of medicine
    2.personal , they like to talk about personal issue ,weather , any thing but medicine
    3.University lecturer ,they think they know better than u , u should keep giving them compliment with their knowledge
    4.gift oriented doctors , they only looking for gift and congress trip abroad
    medical reps should analysis doctors and behave accordingly for the best result

Good place to be.

Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Janssen full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Open communication, strives to be innovative, good work/life balance with many initiatives.

Cons

Sometimes complacent. Ups and downs in pharma in general.

Wider acceptance to work from their home-office.

Might be good again

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at Janssen

Pros

Access to Johnson and Johnson products at very low cost; when company was doing well, better opportunities for advancement, recent cutbacks have kept people in limbo selling lots of products.

Cons

Management clearly has its favourites with a small group of people and unqualified MBAs moving from position to position without proving themselves along the way. Some good people in management, too, but overall lacking vision and knowing how to treat employees.

Start listening to employees, compare yourself to other companies and their selling styles. It's time to get back to basics because things were running more smoothly 7 years ago.

Co-op

Current Employee - Co-Op
    Current Employee - Co-Op

I have been working at Janssen as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great people, culture and facilities!

Cons

- They could improve on communication and training

Good management

Great company with great people

Current Employee - Marketing in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Marketing in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Janssen full-time (more than an year)

Pros

people, work environment, personal growth

Cons

Talent development could be better

This is not a "one size fits all" review

Former Employee - Director/Senior Manager in Titusville, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Director/Senior Manager in Titusville, NJ (US)

I worked at Janssen full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work can be intellectually stimulating, compensation is solid, right now the company is on an upswing, J&J's always good on your resume. If you're a solid performer that fits the culture, you'll be satisfied here (depending on your function/operating company, and your manager)

Cons

Much depends on your manager/management. Two people can do the same job, but will have totally different takeaways depending on which Janssen company, and their manager. Like any other big company (and perhaps small ones too), it's all about "the quarter" at J&J. There is the perception that they move older employees out of the organization (which has given rise to the saying, "don't go gray at J&J").

No advice to give right now.

Employees Not Valued

I have been working at Janssen (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you can get one of the increasingly rare FTE positions, pay is good, the people are fabulous, the work is interesting.

Cons

Janssen, like all J&J companies, has a weird habit of systematically devaluing current FTEs. Cubes are shifted around to be smaller, work flow is interrupted regularly by reorgs, current FTEs are pushed down in the hierarchy as new people are placed on the top. They've removed all actual workers, most mangers and are now shaving off Directors, leaving Janssen as a holding company with VPs and above and contractors doing most of the work. As employees reach their 50s or get close to vesting, they should expect to be reorged around and their job disappeared.

You hire the best, stop wasting their expertise in tax-oriented reorgs. Give them the resources and support they need and J&J might last into the end of the 21st century. Stop talking about the Credo, you don't mean a word of it.

Global Planning

Current Employee - Global Planning Co-Op
    Current Employee - Global Planning Co-Op

I have been working at Janssen as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great company culture, laid back atmosphere. You are surrounded by a lot of bright individuals who are willing to assist you if need be. Develop your excel skills (especially pivot tables and v lookup) and also learn how to utilize SAP.

Cons

After getting in the swing of it, work becomes very routine and monotonous. Office may tend to empty out, as a lot of employees work remotely.