Jamba Juice

Jamba Juice Reviews

Updated Apr 07, 2014

Jamba Juice Chairman, President, and CEO James D. White

James D. White

Pros:
  • "Someone stated that the pro was that they would get a free smoothie a day"
    in 21 reviews
  • "Fun environment, Non-professional requirements"
    in 16 reviews
Cons:
  • "Managers usually sit in the back while team members do all the work"
    in 19 reviews
  • "And even when I did a great job as a team member I was still only getting minimum wage"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Decent Job- Assistant Manager

Assistant General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Jamba Juice full-time for more than a year

ProsVery upbeat, room for growth if you are serious about becoming a manager.

Decent Bonus package if your store is able to meet, Sales, Labor and COGS

ConsLack of support from the GM, seems that scheduling requirements arent followed by GM but required for the AGM.
Need comparable wages to places like Starbucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure payscale.

GM leadership should be held to the same scheduling requirements as everyone else on the management team.

Need more general support from the GM team

Good people, good energy

Director-level In Corporate Office (Former Employee)
Emeryville, CA (US)

I worked at Jamba Juice full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat culture: energetic, passionate, fun. Great people. Lots of opportunity for personal growth and movement across different departments of company. Good work-life balance.

ConsCompany / senior management sometimes tries to do too many things at once. Leadership team is strong overall, but some executive team members not quite as strong as others. Challenging to keep all constituents in a franchise-oriented organization happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focused on the core of what Jamba does best: smoothies and juices.

Awesome place to work.

Cashier (Former Employee)
Normal, IL (US)

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time for less than a year

ProsThe people you work with are great and it is a very positive atmosphere. It barely feels like you are working!

ConsI can not think of anything that I could say that is negative about Jamba Juice. It truly is a great cmpany to work for.

awesome

Worker (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Jamba Juice full-time for less than a year

Prosgood juice, great people, love the music

Conssticky, dont like uniforms, got sick of the juice

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Growth

Shift Lead (Former Employee)
Garden City, NY (US)

I worked at Jamba Juice full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you work hard you will Excell pretty quickly in this company. Balancing work and personal is pretty easy as well. With hourly pay you are also granted tips every week which is a plus BUT you can't take personal tips.they are split according to the amount of hours worked. You learn so much without having to take the food safety course though it is best to take the course beforehand to move up in the company

ConsHow needy SOME customers are and how they often want you to "spoon feed" them thru the ingredients in Each smoothie...And They Are Right Infront Of them. The hourly is definitely not enough for the amount of work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nicer to your employees. You helps us,we help you. One hand washes the other always!!!

minimum wage job

Team Member (Former Employee)
Irvine, CA (US)

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time for more than a year

Prosi loved the people i worked with, they all made the job fun and i would have left far earlier if it weren't for my coworkers. if you work there long enough they bump you up to team lead, which has a slight increase in wage. super easy to change your schedule and pick up hours once you get to know the rest of your coworkers

Consboss was a hard ass and had a general distaste for me, maybe i just talk too much, but he always thought i was brown-nosing,

Great for a first-time summer job

Team Member (Former Employee)
Stanford, CA (US)

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time for less than a year

ProsThe employees were all very friendly, and you gain a lot of valuable experience in terms of customer service and taking initiative. Everything looks/feels fresh and clean, so you never leave work smelling like grease as you might from other food service jobs. After working at Jamba I found myself even more hooked on their smoothies, and I can truly say I love this company and all their products!

ConsThe pay is just about minimum wage, but you can make up for this in tips. Also, the store is either incredibly slow or jam-packed, so as an employee you have to learn how to perform through the high-stress environment. After working there for 4-5 months I was ready to move on.

Excellent Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Jamba Juice full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat culture, health and fitness focused, fantastic training, terrific people. The people are always great.

ConsBetter inter-departmental communication would have made everyone's time at work easier and less stressful. Hard workers get more work while slackers keep slacking

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking in upper management was a terrific experience for me until my boss moved on to a bigger opportunity with a larger organization. I then started working for a new supervisor that was a nightmare who had zero leadership skills and a giant chip on his shoulder. I left as soon as I could. Other than that jerk, most of the time, I would have to say it was a great place to work. The only thing I can mention to work on there would be better communication between departments and better planning and overall annual vision. Sometimes, it seemed as though communication within the organization was unclear or muddy. The Marketing Team had serious issues and never quite got it "together." They needed to have someone working in operations or supply chain working with them so there wouldn't be a shortage of product all of the time in the stores, or shortages at the wrong time of the year.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Satisfying first job

I have been working at Jamba Juice

ProsCoworkers are great once you get to know them. Great atmosphere. You get the regular customers and they always order the same thing. Most of the customers are easy to satisfy. There is no intense labor.

ConsAt the beginning the shift leads get extremely frustrated if you're not fast enough even though you're new. They keep pushing you to attach a snack or food to the smoothie even though customers don't want anything else. And if you don't sell above 30% of attachments it looks bad on you. If you're not a shift lead and you go to school don't expect to get more than 8-12 hrs a week.

Long work hours, not as easy at it looks.

Jamba Juice Team Member (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Jamba Juice part-time for less than a year

ProsPeople can be nice, not always. Because I'm new, they make me do all of the dirty work.

ConsMaybe it's just the store I work at but it is very unorganized. Co-workers are yelling at each other, making smoothies before the ticket comes out so double the smoothies are made which = a lot of wasted smoothies. Slippery floors, tiny space, no break room. Have to memorize 47 recipes which is almost impossible. Spend half my shifts washing dishes which make my fingers bleed. The scoops used to scoop the fruit are awful to use and all the fruit sticks to the bins so I'm basically ice picking at the fruit half of my shift. Just started working there and the training is awful, not enjoying it at all. Long hours of constantly standing, lifting, cleaning, and walking into the -30 freezer to restock fruit. Probably won't stay there very long.

Worked for Jamba Juice? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jamba Juice reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Jamba Juice CEO James D. White. All 243 reviews are posted anonymously by Jamba Juice employees.