JELD-WEN

Be The First To
Add Photos

JELD-WEN President & CEO Kirk Hachigian

Kirk Hachigian

Pros
  • Good benefits but you will work OFTEN (in 5 reviews)

• The people are great to work with (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no growth opportunity, no bonuses (in 3 reviews)

• Klamath Falls is a hard place to live for a city slicker like myself (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Good experience

Office Clerk (Former Employee) Woodbridge, ON

ProsGood benefits and positive work environment

ConsLimited to 2 personal days per year

Advice to Senior ManagementMotivate staff to continue develop oneself.

Sad Place

Production Manager (Former Employee) Yakima, WA (US)

ProsThere is no best thing about this place, its a managerial disaster, they allow you to get busted with drugs
    or alcohol in your system and "give" you a chance...

Consgetting everybody to work together, on the same page , and to show up for work on time, or show up for work period

Advice to Senior Managementpull your heads out of your air holes and get off the internet and or smartphone and get involved in what the hell
    product you are making....you pay "incentive" to absolute morons to screw up windows i.e. wrong glass/no grid/no screen/
    wrong grid...the list is endless...but the pay these morons extra money to continue to do it...but if you get caught with
    drugs in your system...its ok....

Ok. I made a living. Management does not listen or get things done right.

Frame Builder, T-bar, Glazier (Former Employee) Bend, OR (US)

ProsA more livable wage than other local companies. Some bonuses for long term employees.

ConsPoor management. Management does not listen well to employees who see problems and have solutions. I had 9 supervisors come and go in 11 years, some were fired, some demoted, some forced to relocate.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the employees who actually work hard and listen to them. Give them some respect.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Eh.

Kiln Operator (Current Employee)

Pros-You make a livable wage
    -Benefits
    -Non union

Cons-Management doesn't listen
    -Management is ignorant
    -Management doesn't keep you informed
    -Ancient equipment

Advice to Senior ManagementTake into consideration that us operators might know something.

A good place to work and very nice people there.

ProsPeople are great and the work environment is very friendly.

ConsThere is not much good opportunity

Beware if you like time off!

Group Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits but you will work OFTEN!

ConsYou will work many many hours in a week to include weekend. If you like your time off I would reconsider this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to be proactive and not reactive. This would cut down in all the overtime. Only take on business you can do. I know it is more cost effective to work over time then to hire more employees to get the job done in 4o hours. Hence, future employees beware.

Disgraceful, arrogant and not worth the time. And poor wages

Anonymous (Current Employee) Pottsville, PA (US)

ProsNone really. Overtime, but it's crammed down your throat and if you burn out, no advantages for the 60-70 hrs weeks you did put in.

ConsLots! Management has to be #1 issue.
    Prejudicial treatment for friends, family members and 1st shift.
    #1 comment from a manager- Not my problem, ask someone else.
    #2 is I don't know!
    Equipment never gets fixed, the "buck" is always passed, and the high turnover means you'll know more about your job in 6 months than the 22 yr old manager of 2 months.
    Also it REALLY pays to be male... No female floor managers. They do have some as leads, I think

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk the people who know their job. Fully implement any 1 of your 50 ideas. Try to be fair to ALL your employees, not your buddies. Get some diversity, this way you have more thought out solutions to the myriad if problems slowing production. Stop trying to outdo the next shift and help each other... There's lots. Managment needs an overhaul from the top down.

Employees are not treated well - upper management think they are the you know what.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Klamath Falls, OR (US)

ProsI live in Klamath Fall and for a long time this was a great place to work. Now I'm just waiting to retire.

ConsTreated poorly by management they do not want to promote from within.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to longtime employees - they know what they are talking about

Good place to work lots of opportunities

Custom Department (Current Employee) Yakima, WA (US)

ProsOvertime in busy season. Good benefits. Plenty of opportunity to move up in the company.

ConsLong stressful hours in the summer lots of turn over so its hard to keep a solid crew to keep production up and make incentive but insentive is possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to get more long term employees.

rantoul division is terrible, no chance at career advancement

Line Worker (Current Employee) Rantoul, IL (US)

Prosthere really r non. paycheck but far less than it should be

Consno respect for workers, long hrs, not what u know but who u know, better chance for career advancement comin in off street than working here 10 years

Advice to Senior Managementtreat people fairly, better chance for career advancement for people with seniority, better pay

Worked for JELD-WEN? Contribute to the Community!