Itron

www.itron.com

Itron Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Philip Mezey

Pros
  • Good work / life balance and the ability to work in different fields (in 5 reviews)

• Itron benefited greatly from the government stimulating the utility companies to investing the Smart-Grid technologies (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • India (Energy) business being deliberately killed (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Large Corporate company losing site of their employee morale and happiness to make stockholders richer.

ProsPay, Benefits - though slowly declining.
    Some flexibility offered, some telecommuting though not consistent with this offering even within the same teams.

ConsHas fully taken on the DO MORE WITH LESS mentality. Just because revenue was inflated 1-2 years from GOV funding, we shouldn't act like a starving company with our 2+billion in revenue.

Lose employees though they never replace. Just give people more work load. Management doesn't fight for their teams or get job duties out of their department that belong somewhere else. Sometimes feels like mid management is just fluffing their stats to look good to upper mgmt.

Lost 1 personal holiday this year - No accrued sick leave program, no performance raises or delayed - why strive for high marks on annual review with no benefit?

Little communication or leadership from management.

No team building activities or morale boosting events.

Way too many jobs duties assigned to each employee to ever be able to do efficient and effectively. Constant feeling of failure because you can never keep up, even for the best employees. You just know mgmt wants you to work 60+ hours per week.

NO Training department. Customers have little or no way to get training on products. Major Itron Gap where customers pay price. (This could bring in a lot of revenue.)

Training for new employees is horrible. Felt like I was dropped in the middle of the ocean for the first year to just "figure out how to get to shore."

Work here if you want to sit in a corporate cubicle (your bubble) with no fun, excitement, or coworker morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting people to mgmt just because they have been here for 20 years, many of them should NEVER be in that position. Find leaders, not managers.

Finally turning around management

ProsInternational company, amazing coworkers, good pay for Spokane

ConsNot enough investing in growth and development

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're not comfortable managing or directing people, you shouldn't be a manager or director.

Good work / life balance

Analyst (Current Employee) Oakland, CA (US)

ProsGood work / life balance and the ability to work in different fields. Management is generally very friendly. Salaries are fair.

ConsThe work can become monotonous, so it's up to the employee to develop a career path and keep things interesting. Mentorship from senior staff is lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncentive structure for promotions could be better articulated. Management should focus more on promoting employee growth from within.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Gradually bringing new technologies to the industry.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMature corporation, industry leader.
    Take proactive actions to reorg and improve efficiency.
    Nice people.

ConsStill slow decision making.

senior test/quality engineer

Proslarges tech company in town

ConsOnly one in town so not too many option

It's OK

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Spokane, WA (US)

ProsDecent paycheck, interesting industry, and the people are mostly nice.

ConsPolitics are extreme, you must be part of the in-crowd to get promoted. Not much of a career path unless you are willing to travel up to 75% of the time. Training is rare. It feels like the company is poised for either a takeover or big layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell us what's going on, even when the news isn't great. The gossip throughout Itron is constant and demoralizing.

Good people, but a little provincial for a tech company. Need to improve strategic decision making

Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Spokane, WA (US)

ProsUpbeat, positive culture. Expect a lot of people but try to take care of them.

ConsToo provincial for company trying to be global.
    Need to improve strategic decision making processes, at executive and junior executive levels.

Big corporation, little care of its people

Software Developer (Current Employee)

ProsThe benefits are not bad. Depending on the position you may have a good compensation.

ConsManagement has no vision. All they know is how to reduce every available benefit from year to year.

Great Experience

Senior Business Consultant (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsOverall great company to work for. Annual reviews and competency criteria is standardized and the expectations of what you need to demonstrate to get to the next level is clear.

ConsFuture vision of company not clearly communicated.

Big dreams, poor reality

ProsItron is a multinational company, with a lot of knowledge and experience. It has a very long history in the metering business and in supplying the connected business solutions.

ConsThe current strategy is unclear, head count reduction can not be a long term strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a clear strategy and make everybody to follow it.

Worked for Itron? Contribute to the Community!