Itron Reviews

Updated 28 September, 2014
Updated 28 September, 2014
2.3

Philip Mezey

Pros
  • Good work / life balance and the ability to work in different fields (in 5 reviews)

• Itron benefited greatly from the government stimulating the utility companies to investing the Smart-Grid technologies (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Struggling to move away from legacy products; hard to break into the upper management circle (in 7 reviews)

• In my opinion, the only successful department is software development, IT, and cyber security (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

It was a good career experience

Former Employee - Logistics Coordinator  in  Burnaby, BC
    Former Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Burnaby, BC

I worked at Itron as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Managers were approachable and are good career mentors. I have a flexible work hours.

Cons

Im a Canada based employee for a US Based company. There's no much room for growth for me.

Temporary position review

Former Employee - Administration and Sales  in  Regina, SK
    Former Employee - Administration and Sales in Regina, SK

I worked at Itron full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a lot of learning and career opportunity within the company. The people are friendly and excellent at their jobs.

Cons

In some cases, timely efficient training with new implementations would have been helpful; Sometimes adequate communication was lacking.

When speaking to employees about their performance, include them in the growth process and improvements that can be made. An efficiency document for some job positions might be helpful with this matter.

Good Smart ppl love this job

Current Employee - Intern IV  in  Waseca, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Intern IV in Waseca, MN (US)

I have been working at Itron full-time for less than a year

Pros

good people, heavy community involvement, smart people, give scholarships and believes highly in education

Cons

honestly if i was gonna say anything they could use more eye candy walking around

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great changes taking place

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Itron full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There has been a lot of change in management lately, but I think it's very much for the better. A lot of people were in roles that they were grandfathered into due to tenture, but had no business or aptitude for that kind of role. The new management is looking at things with a clean pair of eyes, and initiating good changes. I'm very excited about the future.

Cons

Corporate communication regarding changes and direction is kind of slow coming. Also, there are so many layers of management, it's hard to navigate sometimes.

Keep the changes exciting and fresh. Everyone working here has been craving changes and inspiration for a long time.

Not a good place for female employees!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Itron

Pros

Some good and friendly colleagues inside the office

Cons

This company is strongly biased in favor of white males and as a female you are not taken seriously and you have no opportunity to grow. Recently, they have been trying very hard to improve this because of several reported cases; but it is still terrible comparing to other companies. Most female employees do not stay long.
    Most say that the SD office is actually the best. So, you cant expect much from other offices.

Change every single person in management. If they are performing so poorly; why should they still be on the job?

Hatred and racial bias made all strong employees leave!

I have been working at Itron

Pros

You will get your paycheck and some experience in the industry

Cons

I smiled and left the consulting group a while back without saying a word but in my stay there I heard racial slurs everyday. The interesting part is that your manager hears them too but does not react to them in any way as if it is completely normal.
    Most good employees have already left Itron. There is not enough work unless you are in HR or legal department dealing with employee complaints.

None. Just dont hire indian descents anymore. Your company sucks!!

Long tenure employees will gang up on you!

I have been working at Itron

Pros

Not much. They kept telling us that new work is coming but we were in the same status for years.

Cons

Be very careful with this company. Long tenure employees will gang up on you unless you lay low. They dont work much so they dont want their position to be threatened by you. You have to have low qualification and dont work much or they will gang up on you.

Nothing. Terrible company anyway. Even if they changed all managers, still the reputation of the business remains.

Feels like working in a dead company

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Itron full-time

Pros

Work/life balance is a pro

Cons

Terrible senior employee behavior.
    Offensive sexual comments and jokes. Generally, Itron is not a female-friendly environment.
    No training for the job.
    Colleagues smiling at your face and talking behind your back to the manager.

Itron needs some major changes. Many employees have lost motivation already.

Chaotic lawless offices!

I have been working at Itron

Pros

Itron offers paycheck, healthcare, and benefits so it is better than being unemployed

Cons

Complete chaos! It feels like working in a western movie. Nobody follows the law in itron. If you talk about law, management laughs at you. Then in every meeting they wonder why the company is not performing well.

US has law so Itron should follow the law.

Promotions are racially biased

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Itron

Pros

Good place for a software engineer to jump-start career and get some experience

Cons

I come from India and I immediately figured I cant stay long because I would be stuck at the same spot. Performance reviews and promotions are racially biased. The software development group is not even the worst group. I have heard the consulting group is much worse. We were told to avoid them from the first week. Fortunately, as a software engineer, you don't have to interact with them.
    In general, Itron is poorly managed and nobody in management takes responsibility when things go wrong. This may or may not affect you depending on the circumstances.

I don't know why a software company should produce meters or have a consulting firm.

Worked for Itron? Contribute to the Community!