Iron Mountain Inc

www.ironmountain.com

Iron Mountain Inc Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

William Meaney

Pros
  • Good front line employees and work life balance is ok(in 15 reviews)

• Good benefits, great people to work with, always something new happening(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Like most places upper management has no clue what people actually goes through on a daily basis(in 13 reviews)

• Concern for the customer as the Customer Service is poorly trained and HIGH turnover with CS(in 12 reviews)

It was wonderful experience they did want me to leave

Warehouse Dockworker (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsBenefits, Hours, pay, and compensation / rewards to get for being such a hardworking enthusiastic employee.

ConsOperating some of the equipment the culture and dealing with the strenuous labor that comes with the job

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management is pretty descent and sophisticated in how they go about dealings with certain situations that might cause the company to fail. But overall there pretty reasonable on employees that depends on your work ethics, dependability, accuracy, and sense of urgency.

Good company to work for

IT Staff Position (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsEasy commute, Great people, training provided for and encouraged. Reasonable pay flexible hours and ability to work from home

ConsConstant change, need to listen more carefully to line employees. difficult to implement change with corporate processes

Advice to Senior ManagementListen carefully to employees, Match 401K. Allow and encourage feedback

Business development executive

Business Development Executive (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsNice people, nice products nice office

ConsBad commissions and commission pans

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing everything! there is too much going on

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Avoid if you can

Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsLearning Opportunities are okay
    Best company to work for like a robot who doesn't ask any questions

Cons- Lacks professionalism
    - Very Unethical; Resources are treated like slaves by Senior Management
    - Discrimination
    - HR serves only senior management and lies left and right
    - Micromanagement

Advice to Senior Management- Grow up and realise that you are a global company.
    - Try for change management and bring in global standards and work ethics rather than sticking onto 1990s legacy of doing things
    - Trust your resources to a certain extent

High expectations and lacks the tools and bodies to get the job done effectively.

Operations Service Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsTeam members are a great group of employees. Work areas are clean, climate controlled and they offer a decent benefits package for full time employees.

ConsThe work load is excessive for the amount of people on the team. I understand metrics, employee performance and maximizing productivity but Iron Mountain takes these methods too far in my opinion. For a company that consistently generates revenue, it would not hurt the bottom line to hire some more employees rather than work the existing ones to death.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore you supervise or manage a department, spend at least a week in the records center, vault operations and do a ride along with the couriers. You will have a better understanding of the challenges each work group faces during the daily operations. It is one thing to manage and something totally different to be a leader.

Great Culture

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsTraditional Fortune 500 company with a great culture and co-workers that were more like family. Ability to advance and no limitations put on earnings (sales).

ConsExecutive management possessed strong leadership and vision at one time, not sure that it is this way today.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue employee development. It keeps morale and tenure on the positive side.

Too Big Too Change

Account Manager (Former Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsIM des business with ()% of Fortune 500 companies. Their customers are great and a pleasure to work with. Top Corporate Leadership communicates effectively and seems to know about the local level challenges.

ConsTop Leadership understands the challenges but can't seem to alleviate them for the local offices. There are so many obstacles to success it is hard to stay focused on the goal. Customers have very bad experiences. High turnover. Local Management lacks leadership. Local offices are corrupt, harbor bullies and negativity, and steal your soul as you walk through the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementFlatten our organization so that you can fend off path dependence. Stop promoting and hiring managers that have no leadership abilities.

Great company, good balance between work and family. Strong management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIron Mountain solution is a need, not a want, getting in front of a customer is easy as digital storage is critical for any company.

ConsIt's all about the boxes. As Iron Mountain continues to develop a digital solution around protecting a customers information selling will be easier but boxes will always be an issue.

Pathetic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSure can't think of any pros other than the people I worked directly with were great people. Sr management and up in my opinion was useless.

ConsPoor leadership, cutting every corner possible to save a dollar for the shareholders, not telling their employees whats really going on (we're making our own assumptions, believe me). If you are not sr. management, they won't listen to you. You are just a number. Ethics are slipping. Outsourcing jobs overseas. Poor communication to our customers about the changes and assuming they will just be OK with it. Laying off people without ANY consideration of training needed for those who now have to take on those tasks, aside from the fact that you just layed off key people who fully supported your business.

Advice to Senior ManagementINVEST in your business and the departments that can help grow your business and quit taking money away from your overworked employees to line your shareholders pockets. UNDERSTAND the business instead of assuming that company you acquired is a waste of your time. It was once VERY profitable for you and you sucked every dollar out of it you could. You don't understand it and are quick to make assumptions and will affect a lot of lives on your poor decisions. Encourage job growth in the USA...and pay fair wages, instead of jumping on the bandwagon with other companies whose VPs cut all salaries but their own. Quit piling on task after task after task and expect your OT labor to decline. If an employee can't do 12 hours of work in an 8 hour day, there is something wrong with managment, NOT that employee. Take the blinders off and quit taking your employees for granted. Your employees are your BACKBONE. Take too many vertibrae out and it will collapse.

The Mountain's climb is arduous

ProsThe company's mission is critical

ConsManagement have their favorites and if you're not one of them, look out.

Worked for Iron Mountain Inc? Contribute to the Community!