Intuit

Updated Jul 24, 2014

3.7 1,460 reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith

Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company(in 299 reviews)

• Employee friendly company with great benefits to offer(in 129 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a strain but not too bad relative to compensation(in 41 reviews)

• Senior management rarely in tune with the feet on the street(in 42 reviews)

1,460 Employee Reviews

Loved my time here.

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsFantastic culture, and action to back up the stated core beliefs. Great people. An amazing group of products and people who really care about the customer. Flexible working environment.

ConsUpper management was somewhat disconnected from the customer, let the size of the organization impede the speed at which a software company needs to move.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch for your stars, every once in a while, I would see amazing staff be marginalized due to a lower managers weaknesses, stifling them and the business missing out. You need to move faster, speeding up your decision making process and then backing your decisions with resources. Keep focusing on the culture. Through the recession that backed off a bit and never sprung back.

Good place to work, but lack of opportunity unless you are willing to move

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Edmonton, AB

ProsGreat benefits, company gives back to community and has many events for the employees to socialize.

ConsBig company with lot's of offices in different locations, working with distributed teams and maintaining a working knowledge of who is responsible for what can be challenging.
    Workload can get very heavy.

Wow

Supportability Specialist (Current Employee) Edmonton, AB

ProsIt's the people that make this a great place to work

Open door policy to speak to any sr leader at any time

ConsBudget restraints in Q4 restrict some events that would be beneficial to staff morale

Some sites have to pay for parking

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company!

Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee) Edmonton, AB

ProsBenefits, flexible work environment, occasional travel, sometimes interesting/complex work.

ConsPersonal growth is limited due to small teams, unless you are willing to relocate. Sometimes tedious work due to government and 3rd party regulations.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice to have more opportunities to stretch and grow. For example, innovation sessions could be led by someone other that the manager of a team.

Good experience - Top employer

ProsGood salary, excellent benefits (bonus, life and medical insurance), great building, balance work-life, time flexibility, generally speaking, if the objective is money, this is the perfect company

ConsNo room to advance in your career. No changes and job becomes a simply routine

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should pay more attention to lower levels, not just results, and spend some time to evaluate the work environment

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Outbound Sales

Outbound Sales (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON

Prosthe on target income is 55k and the RRSP plan would push you to 59 k. great company

Consnew in mississauga but really good company over all. they will work with the employees and make sure the environment is enjoyable

Customer Service and Sales Representative

Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) Edmonton, AB

ProsIntuit is a Company who make a difference in their employees

Consthey move their call center

Great company, not so great management...

ProsGreat company culture, employee first attitude, flexibility

ConsHorrible middle management, managers looking out for themselves rather than the team, little room for growth and new ideas

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow new ideas to help make employees' lives easier and reign in middle management power

Intuit great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat profit sharing when targets are met.

ConsLack of upwards mobility as the company is no longer a fast growth company. They spend too much money on corporate culture and have been cutting expenses dramatically.

Intuit Canada; Thd biggest sweat pit in Canada

IT Department (Current Employee) Edmonton, AB

ProsAll the overtime you can handle with no compensation or flextime

ConsThe top 100 places to work acheivement is purely manufactured. The HR at this company is brilliant at developing a wonderful intetnal culture that only exists in propaganda.
    This compant treats it people like crap. Unless you are part of the boys club at this company you are nothing. Most people who work here can only stay about 2 years. After that they are creatively let go after they show signs of burn out. If you are considering a job at Intuit walk the other way.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive up. You just dont know how to do it. Poorly run poorly represented. Stop being so cheap and stop trying to run everything on hope, prayer and a shoe string.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!