Intuit Reviews

3.9
1,596 Reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith
Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company (in 319 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company (in 148 reviews)

Cons
  • Steep learning curve makes work-life balance hard to find when you're new (in 48 reviews)

• Middle management does not have a clue on overall long-term direction of support departments (in 44 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing People-First Company -- People = Employees and Customers

Current Employee - Product Development in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Product Development in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked for several companies but none that have come close to living their values and putting employees and customers first the way Intuit does. Lots of challenging work and great opportunities to learn and grow. Clear vision of what the organization is working to achieve. The best teams I've ever worked with.

Cons

The work is interesting and challenging but at times can be difficult to maintain work-life balance.

Continue to keep the organization focused on the vision.

Great people great company

Current Employee - Manager in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Manager in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people, great benefits. Work life balance is supported by management. Transparency of vision and strategy. Opportunities to volunteer and give back to your community. Good opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Change can be too much too fast at times. There have been a fair number of re-orgs in the last few years. As we grow we often have growing pains of broken or undefined processes.

We are a tech company, let's truly be a tech company and utilize technology to our advantage and be great.

Company's PR machine is good, under the covers in a different story

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mississauga, ON
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Beer fridge, quarterly socials, fun offsites, salaries are industry leading

Cons

Don't stand behind the hard d workers, those committed to the company. 'Limited, chosen few' only

The people make it a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, good benefits, I have great flexibility in work in that I can work from home when I choose - this is huge since the Edmonton office move.

Cons

Lack of upward growth, a lot of lip service given to work life balance but it doesn't exist for many, productivity greatly reduced as a result of too many meetings, lack of project management.

When traveling managers ask low level employees to fly cheaper and stay further away from the office in cheaper hotels to save money, it's difficult to say no without without sounding greedy, why don't we deserve the same comfort and convenience as the CEO and upper management.

Management ignored employee feedback by moving office to downtown and forcing employees to pay ridiculous parking rates. When management talk about the business it's about creating a great work environment where employees can do the best work of their lives because happy engaged employees will create a better products that customers love to buy and use which will result in better profits making the shareholders happy. The move to an office that significantly increased travel time also means more people working from home more frequently which affects culture in a negative way. In order to work the same number of hours I spend more time away from my family traveling to/from work. The business didn't do right by their employees in this move and, as such employees see the move as stepping stone to closing the Edmonton location further evidence of this can be seen by laying off entire departments to hire in the Mississauga office or by posting new jobs in Mississauga.

Promote from within - some teams do not see any promotions, encourage rotations in other departments through actions instead of words. Reduce the re-orgs and mass lay-offs, stop forcing people to move to keep their job.

Educate managers on travel policy and advise them not to expect or ask employees to deviate from the policy to save money unless the CEO and upper management are doing the same. Being able to travel from time to time can be seen as a great perk but when I'm asked to save money one week and the next week see the CEO flying on a private jet it becomes a big detractor and makes management appear to be hypocrites.

Bring back PMO!

Tax Specialist Canada Remote

Former Employee - Seasonal Tax Specialist in Edmonton, AB
    Former Employee - Seasonal Tax Specialist in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Intuit as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Mostly nice clients. Co-workers very friendly.

Cons

It seems impossible to have permanent employment and under paid.

Software Developer

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Intuit full-time

Pros

Employees (even student coops) are given the opportunity to excel and take on responsibilities. Your position at the company seems to reflect the position you've chosen for yourself. No Peter Principle here.

Also, there's a good gym right in the office. Big cafeterias, a nice lounge, some rooms to sleep.

Cons

Tax software is soul-crushingly uninteresting. A great deal of legacy software is being supported, which can be tiresome, though admittedly there has been some work to port old code to more modern frameworks.

Oh, and the food you'll find on site will send you to an early grave.

Fast-paced software developer that's trying real hard in a tough market....enjoyed my time there

Current Employee - Leadership in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Leadership in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, good pay, interesting work, and a company that has a recognizable brand and a reasonable share of the market

Cons

In Canada the footprint continues to shrink as more and more of the company's workforce is "globalized" "Globalized" also means meetings at all times of the day and night, due to all the various time-zones.

Balancing what the customer wants, the shareholder wants, and the employees want will always be tough sledding. Of the two I'd recommend the customer and the employee. :-)

Loved my time here.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic culture, and action to back up the stated core beliefs. Great people. An amazing group of products and people who really care about the customer. Flexible working environment.

Cons

Upper management was somewhat disconnected from the customer, let the size of the organization impede the speed at which a software company needs to move.

Watch for your stars, every once in a while, I would see amazing staff be marginalized due to a lower managers weaknesses, stifling them and the business missing out. You need to move faster, speeding up your decision making process and then backing your decisions with resources. Keep focusing on the culture. Through the recession that backed off a bit and never sprung back.

Good place to work, but lack of opportunity unless you are willing to move

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, company gives back to community and has many events for the employees to socialize.

Cons

Big company with lot's of offices in different locations, working with distributed teams and maintaining a working knowledge of who is responsible for what can be challenging.
    Workload can get very heavy.

Wow

Current Employee - Supportability Specialist in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Supportability Specialist in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It's the people that make this a great place to work

Open door policy to speak to any sr leader at any time

Cons

Budget restraints in Q4 restrict some events that would be beneficial to staff morale

Some sites have to pay for parking