Intuit

3.8
1,721 Reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith
Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company (in 327 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company (in 154 reviews)

Cons
  • Steep learning curve makes work-life balance hard to find when you're new (in 51 reviews)

• Middle management does not have a clue on overall long-term direction of support departments (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing company that empowers you to think beyond the obvious!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Intuit (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Culture that celebrates diversity and innovative thinking.
    Great leaders that are always open to hear your ideas and insights.
    Great benefits and work/life flexibility so you can be your best inside abs outside of work

Cons

More growth opportunities if you are in the Bay Area - need to be more proactive and build your personal brand and relationships to grow your career if you are at a smaller site.

Fun, unique company to work for in Edmonton.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Cool software company with great benefits and perks (free lunch, beer, massage, etc...). Great group of people that are always willing to lend a hand.

Cons

The number of employees in the Edmonton office is slowly declining. There are fewer opportunities for advancement without relocating. Work/life balance for many is a big issue.

Fewer meetings.

Great company with great benefits and opportunities to move. They emphasize culture and live their values.

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, ON
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, ON

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The job allows for flexibility and and the testing of new ideas.

Cons

Product is not where it should be so creating sales is extremely difficult. The department works in isolation- all employees are remote making knowledge sharing a challenge.

Pretty Good Experience

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Really enjoyed the type of works that I had to to. Colleagues were nice too.

Cons

Nothing really bad there to be honest.

False promises and incompetent middle management

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Base salary is comparable to market average, but the real pro is that Intuit benefits are great as many others have pointed out.

Cons

Some of the worst and incompetent middle management. The best places to work for awards is such a scam. I cannot speak for the US sites but the Canadian sites are horribly managed. Compared to other technology companies that I have worked with, the middle management here is by far the worst. It's all about politics and appearance here.

Buzzwords, meetings, and false recruitment promises.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Intuit full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The compensation was reasonable and the benefits were immediately available. There was no shortage of work to be done.

Cons

Severe internal communication issues. Interdepartmental communication basically doesn't exist. Management is not available since they spend all their time in high-level meetings. A number of the promises such as "bring your real self to work" and calling it "startup culture" are totally untrue. An extremely corporate environment, where nobody seems to know what anyone else is up to at any given time.

Manager played favourites and quality of work didn't seem to matter whatsoever.

Cut down on the meetings. Spend more time learning about what your employees are doing on the ground floor. Listen. Cut out all the buzzwords like "journey" and "learnings" and try to be real.

Great company, Terrible team

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mississauga, ON
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Intuit full-time (less than a year)

Pros

good location, good benefits.

Cons

The engineering team I was on (Not Turbo tax) was a very toxic work environment: mostly contractors who aim was to keep projects going by keeping quality relatively low, impeding process changes and lots of back room bickering. Management knows this but won't disrupt a team that ships, not matter how dysfunctional, efficient or wasteful it is and then asks why we can't do more with so many resources.

Hire professional permanent employees who will have a real stake improving the team.

Excellent culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to learn, innovate and grow your career. Good benefits and compensation. Decent work-life balance for most employees.

Cons

Offices are in the burbs. This means it's hard to get the best and brightest who live in the city...unless they know the company.

Amazing People-First Company -- People = Employees and Customers

Current Employee - Product Development in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Product Development in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked for several companies but none that have come close to living their values and putting employees and customers first the way Intuit does. Lots of challenging work and great opportunities to learn and grow. Clear vision of what the organization is working to achieve. The best teams I've ever worked with.

Cons

The work is interesting and challenging but at times can be difficult to maintain work-life balance.

Continue to keep the organization focused on the vision.

Great people great company

Current Employee - Manager in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Manager in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people, great benefits. Work life balance is supported by management. Transparency of vision and strategy. Opportunities to volunteer and give back to your community. Good opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Change can be too much too fast at times. There have been a fair number of re-orgs in the last few years. As we grow we often have growing pains of broken or undefined processes.

We are a tech company, let's truly be a tech company and utilize technology to our advantage and be great.