Intersections

2.8

Intersections Chairman and CEO Michael R. Stanfield
Michael R. Stanfield

Challenging place to work

Former Employee - Office Administration in Chantilly, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Office Administration in Chantilly, VA (US)

I worked at Intersections full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, good salary, short commute

Cons

Management is too busy to care

Training your employees

A good skill building place to work.

I have been working at Intersections full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A great place to work to develop customer service skills in a call center environment.

Cons

The company is closing in December 2014.

I was able to advance from an agent to a CP2, to a supervisor.

The company is in transition.

Former Employee - Director, Business Development in Chantilly, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Director, Business Development in Chantilly, VA (US)

I worked at Intersections full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The best things about INTX are the people.

Cons

There is no corporate strategy.

Come up with a strategy so employees understand corporate goals.

Learned a lot, had a great manager.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA (US)

I worked at Intersections full-time

Pros

The people at Intersections are great. Committed and passionate about helping people. There's a lot of flexibility in hours, working at home.

Cons

Lots of organizational turmoil. Policies are inconsistent between departments. Some might allow flex time, working at home. Others don't. Rumor mill is very active. Favoritism is rampant.

Salary review, transparency.

Great Time

Former Employee - IT Business Analyst in Chantilly, VA (US)
    Former Employee - IT Business Analyst in Chantilly, VA (US)

I worked at Intersections full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very nice group of people to work with. They allowed you to be very flexible with your time. Allowing their folks to get those odd thing done during work hours like doctor's appointments.

Cons

Lack of investment in new technology and training. In the end their were some leadership issues in the IT department. lack of direction and moving staff around into roles they were uncomfortable being in.

Get some real direction

Horrible Experience

Former Employee - Developer in Chantilly, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Developer in Chantilly, VA (US)

I worked at Intersections full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Frankly, there is no upside in working for this company

Cons

Treatment of employees. I was given a bonus for "doing a great job" then fired 4 months later with my 2nd level manager, at the time, stating it wasn't working out. Frankly, I didn't care for him much and I heard, through others, that the feeling was mutual. I have heard from co-workers that the same tactics were used to let them go. Unless your are absolutely desperate, I would think long and hard.

Stop treating your people like garbage!

it was a real hard challenge but a learning experience.

Former Employee - Ces in Altavista, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Ces in Altavista, VA (US)

I worked at Intersections full-time (less than an year)

Pros

was trained on Credit reports and how the credit system works . and FCRA trained and in office air conditioned

Cons

call center sitting in one place for long periods of time not able to move .

none

Dysfunctional and Political

Current Employee - IT Manager in Chantilly, VA (US)
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Chantilly, VA (US)

I have been working at Intersections full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Convenient location that's nearby shops, restaurants, major highways, and Dulles airport

Cons

Slow to market and slow to react; Market is now saturated with competitors; Toxic relationship between business and IT; Backstabbing and political infighting; Executive management with overblown egos; Out-of-touch CEO; Mediocre benefits; No 401k matching; No bonus plan; Very limited IT career growth unless someone leaves while very top heavy on the business side; Little time for training, let alone budget set aside for it; Upper/Executive management has little interest in conducting all-hands meetings (but are not honest about them anyway); Worst communication ever including HR and departments not sharing reorg/promotions/new staff announcements,etc.

Don't put employees on edge by announcing pending layoffs but no timeline; Don't lay off staff without providing any advance notice to direct managers; If a house cleaning of the executive staff is going to be done, don't do a halfway job; The CEO needs to step down if the company wants to reverse the downward spiral;

Budget cuts, lack of business direction, no career growth, lousy pay

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Intersections full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the ppl are really nice to work with although there are some folk who have been there too long that are overly opinionated which ends up being a negative. There is a lot of work to keep you busy. Great from a commuting standpoint especially if you live in the Chantilly area. Mostly flexible management. HR has some fun events to keep the company morale high even though it is generally low.

Cons

Confused Business leaders with a lot of verbal 'fluff' but no real direction on company prospects especially given that revenue has been on a constant decline for the past year. There is literally little to no career growth and no hierarchical structure. Very top heavy with managers but no solid training as individuals get promoted to these roles. Pay increases are negligible so try to get in with your upper salary range because don't expect much in terms of raises. Some of the folk who have been there over 6 years are difficult to deal with. They are a distraction as new executive management try to change the process of how things move from one phase to the next within IT. Overall I would not recommend this company to friends as the prospects are not looking good for this company given that we are competing against our own partners in the identity theft market. A lot of knowledgable folk are leaving the company which puts the company in a bigger predicament especially since they are not hiring due to budget cuts.

Be open to ideas and stop pointing fingers. The blame game gets us nowhere. Also communicate with your employees about what the short term and long term goals are for the company. Morale is low because everything is discussed behind closed doors and there is no direction.

Great learning experience, but moral is deteriorating

Former Employee - IT Development in Chantilly, VA (US)
    Former Employee - IT Development in Chantilly, VA (US)

I worked at Intersections full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I can personally attest to the potential for professional growth and learning. The people are hard-working and lifelong friendships can easily be found.

Cons

The company has undergone many changes over the last few years, and overall moral has deteriorated. Discord among directors, and senior and mid-level management has created a confusing and stressful work environment. Long hours are expected with little appreciation and work-life balance is no longer something that can be found.