Interpret

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Grant Johnson

Good experience, below market pay.

ProsThis company truly relies on it's younger employees to carry the load. This is great for the first year for a new, bright individual to gain valuable experience.

ConsBecause of the long hours and intellectual tasks required, it is easy for folks to get burned out after 1 years time. They usually look for something easier that something pays more.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need management that are truly more capable than the employees underneath them. Not sure they have that yet.

Good Company

Research Analyst (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA (US)

ProsNice environment, good coworkers and exciting work

ConsThere are no cons for this company

Rewarding Career, if you take charge of your future...

Research Analyst (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA (US)

Pros-Free catered breakfasts/lunches every friday
    -Week off between Christmas and New Years
    -Casual work environment
    -Opportunity to work on several different entertainment projects and methodologies (Theatrical, Home Entertainment, Gaming, Syndicated Projects, Ad Effectiveness, etc.)
    -Fast career growth, company often promotes within

Cons- A lot of team restructuring/changes, revolving door
    - No HR presence to bring up issues
    - Takes time for issues to be addressed/changed (if at all), which is disappointing for a small company
    - Work/Life balance can be an issue depending on your manager/clients, but that is the industry in general

Advice to Senior Management- Involve more staff in the hiring process to help ensure we hire the best people
    - Recruit more freelance resources
    - Increase HR/Office Mgmt presence to address office and HR concerns

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's a great experience for me to work at Interpret LLC.

Market Research Intern (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA (US)

ProsEveryone was nice at Interpret LLC. I felt like working within a family.
    My supervisor treated me very well although I was the first person she instructed during her career. She taught me everything very detailed and let me know a lot of things. She also helped me figure out my personal problems, told me many different ways to solve problems and tried her best to help me in every aspect.
    We had free breakfast on Friday morning and free lunch during meeting sessions.

ConsIt's only something for my personal reason that the company doesn't sponsor visa for international students. However, this is the company policy, and it's really hard to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise manager-level and director-level professionals to pay a little big more attention to intern-to-hire people and other entry-level persons. Therefore, we will have good opportunities to learn more things instead of only dealing with entry-level problems.

Worked for Interpret? Contribute to the Community!