InterDigital

Add Photos

InterDigital President, CEO, and Director William J. Merritt

William J. Merritt

Good

ProsSalary, good place to learn

ConsNothing to say about this at this time

Intelligent, Motivated and Respectful Co-workers

Intern (Current Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsInter Digital is a small company that focuses on the design of patents for cell phone technology. There are many opportunities to learn from an experienced R&D team. Everyone seems very motivated and there is a very good feeling of respect between employees (corporate politics exist but are kept to a minimum).

ConsThe employees are very skilled technically and tend to keep to themselves. You really need to engage yourself in discussion with other employees more so than at other companies. However if you make the effort, everyone seems very happy to help.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek to improve the efficiency of communication. Emphasize small meetings and discussions between a few people over large time-wasters. I spend way to much in "required" meetings. (This may not apply to everyone in the company but many of my co-workers have voiced this same concern).

Small in Montreal, mostly professional in the area more than 5 years.

Intern Engineer (Former Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsSmall, friendly, people know the stuff well

ConsNot enough brand name power compare to Nokia, Ecricsson.

Advice to Senior Managementbring more interns and get them have a full view of the company instead of just the sector they are working on. Too specialized for a student.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Engineer at InterDigital

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsIt is a very challenging environment with a lot of very interesting projects. The technologies you work on are very cutting edge and there is a lot of exposure to patents and standards. You also have many opportunities to contribute to standards and write patents.

ConsThe company is very patent oriented and is still unexperienced with product development. Also, the product requirements vary rapidly and this creates more pressure on the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would tell them to try to get more feedback from the employees. It seems that they could benefit from receiving comments directly from the people who work on standard/products, rather than receiving them from the (lower) management.

Needs to Provide Material Rewards and Work Life Balance to all Levels of Associates

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmpowered to improve processes, implement new concepts, take leadership roles, develop ideas. Pleasant working environment, associates friendly.

ConsProfessional accomplishments unrecognized/not rewarded. Lacks a productive employee career plan. Work-life balance enjoyed, but many are not permitted same benefit.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a career development tool for all employees and implement to ensure professional growth AND advancement. Provide a material rewards program to all employees. Recognize and value all employees (in addition to engineers, attorneys and senior management) within the organization to improve morale and productivity.

Interdigital Intern

Intern Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat place to work
    opportunity to learn
    Innovation at its best

Consnothing bad at all at this place

Top notch talent magnet

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe talent there is second to none. You can learn a great deal by working there.

ConsToo many corporate focus changes in a short time.

Great contractor experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking as a consultant on a 7-month, part-time project, I was treated with a great deal of kindness, patience, and understanding as my father became ill and eventually passed away during the first two months of the engagement. I was also very impressed with the level of talent and professionalism across the staff.

ConsI can't really think of any glaring cons. I would, though, like to see the company leverage its vocational power (e.g., financial success, staff talents, expertise, etc.) to make an impact on society that goes beyond developing important network technologies.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it a priority to determine if there's a higher purpose for your business than you currently realize and, if so, to get about honoring it.

Good place to work

Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee) King of Prussia, PA (US)

ProsGood balance of work and personal life
    Time and resources available to pursue peronal research interests

ConsCompany's long term vision is not clear. So long term prospects are a little shaky

Constantly changing their strategy

Administrative (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE (US)

ProsNice people, pays well, good life-work balance

ConsLocation in Wilmington. Is far

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for InterDigital? Contribute to the Community!