Intel Corporation

3.9
3,770 Reviews

Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich
Brian M. Krzanich

Pros
  • Work life balance depends on teams but don't expect any rewards for your hardwork (in 455 reviews)

• It was a stable job in a cutting edge technology field (in 131 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not respected by managers in the validation group in Austin (in 165 reviews)

• Very heavy decision making processes, usually involving a lot of stake holders (in 109 reviews)

More Highlights

Intel presents unique opportunities found nowhere else

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chandler, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing benefits, high caliber coworkers, and unique products. This is a one of a kind company with a huge mission and a lot of corporate courage. Super star employees are the norm.

Cons

Engineering culture - this could be good or bad, just know what you are getting in to. Heavy bureaucracy in IT. Expectation of an affinity for HW and an EE degree or mathematical bias - other disciplines not really respected. But it IS a HW company.....

Intel : company of opportunities

Current Employee - Graphics Hardware Engineer
    Current Employee - Graphics Hardware Engineer

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very big company due to which there a large number of different teams doing very different work so you can get exposure to a lot of different things by changing teams within the company, which is also not very difficult.

Cons

Salary for H/W guys is less than competition like QComm/ Apple etc

With the right manager, an unbelievable experience

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Intelligent people
    Fantastic Benefits
    Sabbatical
    Great working conditions
    Exciting work
    Ability to move around

Cons

Your Intel experience ends up being entirely guided by the management structure in your position. I have worked in 4 positions for more than 7 years now at Intel. My first two managers were absolutely fantastic and made the work I was doing meaningful and rewarding while treating me well. The management structure in my most recent position is abusive, micromanaging and setting us up for failure.

Grab one of the good groups and Intel will be the best company you'll work for. Otherwise, keep an eye on the internal jobs board.

Do what you can to get REAL feedback about managers. The MFT scores are gamed/cheated on by some of the poorer managers and aren't a good benchmark.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company with internal political issues

Current Employee - Firmware Engineer  in  Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Firmware Engineer in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are great benefits to working at Intel. With the right manager, work is extremely flexible allowing you to maintain an excellent work-life balance. When I need to handle something at home, my manager and coworkers have no issues stepping in to carry the load while I'm out. Likewise I'm there to help when my coworkers need it.

There are also a lot of little perks such as raffles from the "Great Place to Work" team where you can win tickets to movies, sporting events, concerts, etc. There are a number of fun activities planned by individual teams and entire sites to celebrate or just get to know each other better. One great activity that just completed was a kid's day where we could bring in our kids for fun science and technology events all day. My son loved it.

Overall, the work environment when you have found the right team is very enjoyable.

Cons

The most difficult thing for me about working here are the politics. Unfortunately within the leadership and management layers, there are a lot of entrenched folks that seem more interested in promoting their own career than in doing the right thing for the company. Because of this, I have seen some terrible decisions made that set the entire company back and took many months to recover, but there was no accountability held to the decision maker for this.

It can be very frustrating to be passed up on a promotion only to see someone less deserving but more politically savvy promoted instead.

The management layers need to be cleaned out to limit the political power of some of the entrenched cliques. I'd like to see more accountability for decisions and agendas that end up hurting the company.

Great Place to Work!

Former Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Folsom, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Folsom, CA (US)

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for. I really enjoyed working for Intel. The culture is great and the people you work with and interact with are very smart. This company has so many opportunities so you can get on the right career path. Great Benefits.

Cons

If you don't challenge yourself you will get board. I saw some underperforms given the pink slip twice in my 2 year career there. So slacking off is not appreciated and underperforming will get you in trouble.

Pros and Cons, but overall good place to work.

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are lots of training opportunities so it is a great place for personal growth, there are opportunities available. Compensation and perks are excellent, education is also a perk in my book. In general there is a good work atmosphere.

Cons

Working hours a long and it can be very difficult to find a work life balance. There are lots of politics, and it is a highly competitive work environment.

My overall experience at Intel was solid

Current Employee - Undergraduate Technical Intern  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Undergraduate Technical Intern in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation as an intern for less than a year

Pros

As an Intern, there's a lot they expect out of you from the get go. The culture here promotes everyone to work hard, and there's definitely a sense of purpose. The Austin campus is pretty nice: there's good lunch and nice break rooms. There are occasional intern events, and the pay is pretty decent as well.

Cons

It's easy to get lost as an intern. After they give you a task, there's not much communication that exists between you and your team (or manager). It's really a solo effort in terms of getting something done. This place can feel like a "white collar sweatshop" at times.

Management felt aloof at times.

A good place to work

Current Employee - Design Engineer  in  Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The cash and benefit are competitive.

Cons

The work life balance is not much.

Wealthy and Healthy Company

Current Employee - Audio Subsystem Engner  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Audio Subsystem Engner in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Leading technology and CPU processor, no competitor, reliable occupations.
    Coffee, Drink, Fruits are free
    Air shuttle for easy commuting

Cons

new technology is away from competitor such as Smartphone chip
    Multiple teams are doing the same tasks, less focus and sometimes are playing political

Make sure capable/less teams are on a project, real hands-on person are visible, we work on product not presentation:-)

Great company, needs to change course

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time

Pros

Amazing talent in the company especially on the engineering side

Cons

Slow moving train especially on the strategic side

Get your act together!

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!