Intel Corporation Reviews

Updated 10 April, 2015
323 reviews filtered by
  • Folsom, CA (US)

1. Component design engineering intern at intel

Former Intern - Component Design Engineer in Folsom, CA (US)
    Former Intern - Component Design Engineer in Folsom, CA (US)

I worked at Intel Corporation as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

It is a great place for interning. The people are supportive, it was a learning experience. An individual has ample opportunities to grow. work culture it nice.

Cons

Internal politics is hard to get by. Pay is average.

2. great.. easy to switch teams and lot of opportunities..

Current Employee - Graphics Hardware Engineer in Folsom, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Graphics Hardware Engineer in Folsom, CA (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work-life balance
    good support from managers

Cons

less competitive pay.
    Learning becomes null if new projects/ team change does not happen..

3. Great company as first role out of college

Current Employee - Analyst in Folsom, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Folsom, CA (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation, benefits, open door culture, work/life balance, lots of opportunity to advance if you try hard, sabbatical every 4 or 7 years

Cons

Location of offices, structure/timing of promotions, lots of politics involved, hard to move to new orgs or business units within the company, management likes to trap you if you're good

Advice to Management

Invest in the up and coming young talent early so that you don't lose them to other companies

5. They do not care about employees, experience nor years of service.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Folsom, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Folsom, CA (US)

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There was flexibility in work schedule and location. Work was never very hard as there was so much B.S overhead that what should take a week would take 6 months.

Cons

Too much worthless and irrelevant forced training, what appeared was necessary to make their lawyers happy. Always more and more expected with little to no compensation. Constantly let go senior employees and excepted remaining workers to just take up the slack.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees as the valued assets they are. Do not just through them away once they get near retirement, a RCG is never a good replacement.

6. Great Place to Work!

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Folsom, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Folsom, CA (US)

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. I really enjoyed working for Intel. The culture is great and the people you work with and interact with are very smart. This company has so many opportunities so you can get on the right career path. Great Benefits.

Cons

If you don't challenge yourself you will get board. I saw some underperforms given the pink slip twice in my 2 year career there. So slacking off is not appreciated and underperforming will get you in trouble.

7. Internship experience is great, and even better if you work hard

Current Intern - Applications Developer Intern in Folsom, CA (US)
    Current Intern - Applications Developer Intern in Folsom, CA (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Eventually received plenty of responsibility as an intern. Excellent company culture and vacation time. Great college graduate/intern culture

Cons

Internship started off slow, management can be overbearing at times. Not hiring very much in the bay area anymore, which is unappealing to new grad college graduates.

Advice to Management

Retain newer employees by giving them interesting and challenging work from the start. Hire more in the bay area for competitive talent

8. Interesting and fun, but not the location for me.

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Folsom, CA (US)
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in Folsom, CA (US)

I worked at Intel Corporation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked on some interesting problems from a programming perspective and I enjoyed it. I liked all the people I worked with and met there. The work/life balance was good, I stayed late sometimes if I was working on something that I was focused on, but never felt pressured to stay. There was a gym on campus, two cafeterias with lunch and breakfast if you wanted to pay, as well as free drinks all the time and sometimes free fruit. There were team "Great Place to Work" days, where we would do something fun, which happened once a quarter, we went to the river once and to a rock climbing gym another time, also ice cream once every month or so, to celebrate people's birthdays.

Cons

Folsom is an alright place to live, I guess, but it isn't really where I want to be right now. I'm also not really a fan of the cubicles, but they aren't terrible. Overall I enjoyed working there, the location is the biggest problem for me, I would definitely work for Intel in the future if it was at a different location.

9. A pretty typical large corporation

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Folsom, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Folsom, CA (US)

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lot's of job security, great benefits (life insurance, 401k, stock purchase program), and a lot of opportunities to do different things all within Intel, really smart people.

Cons

Lots of red tape to get anything done, lots of 'good ole boys' relationships that can limit your growth, Intel tends to ignore work experience outside of Intel (once you're hired), low-to-mid range salary wise.

Advice to Management

Actions speak louder than words. Saying you want employees to take risks, but having a system in place that punishes (or at least does not reward) it is not an environment that promotes risk taking.

10. Great company if you like a challenge and can handle a high pressure environment.

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Folsom, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Folsom, CA (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Intel is a great company for a stable job. They're not a startup type company where they throw around money on events, but they provide good stability. Intel a culture is based on results so they do out pressure on you than some other companies.

Pros would be good benefits, stable job, huge company of over 90,000 employees world wide.
    There is a lot of options to move around the company and they encourage it too.

Cons

This is a large company so it's easy to get lost. If you've worked in a smaller company there is a sense of you know everyone. There isn't that sense of closeness except for your group or org.

11. Good place to work&life

Current Employee - Customer Quality Engineer in Folsom, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Quality Engineer in Folsom, CA (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good place if you seek work and life balance. and a lot of opportunities for career development

Cons

reduced benefits recently and company is too big to know the what are people doing in the same building