Intel Corporation

Updated Jul 24, 2014

3.8 3,581 reviews

Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich

Brian M. Krzanich

Pros
  • Work life balance depends on teams but don't expect any rewards for your hardwork(in 454 reviews)

• It was a stable job in a cutting edge technology field(in 131 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not respected by managers in the validation group in Austin(in 165 reviews)

• Very heavy decision making processes, usually involving a lot of stake holders(in 107 reviews)

3,581 Employee Reviews

Software group review

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA (US)

ProsGreat history and respectable work culture.

ConsHighly internally looking company.
    Not hiring the best people past few years. This will hurt company long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo longer a best destination for software jobs

Intel Corporation Talent Branding Solutions Manager responded to this review

Jul 15, 2014

Love your optimism regarding the future of Intel! I think you are right, we can win! In order to do that we need the best talent, in order to be competitive. We are beginning to shift our focus ... More

Best experience of my life

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) Hillsboro, OR (US)

Prosamazing collection of talent and resources. Lots of resources. great environment. employees are very spoiled and have a sense of entitlement, it feels amazing to be a part of the rich, winning team. Pay is excellent, development is excellent.

Consbureaucracy. Finance penny pinches and controls management decisions. Intel might spend 100k buying out someone that is being laid off, but in the same quarter will cut team building budgets from $20 a head to "try potlucks" and similar things. It breeds a frugal culture, but is often very silly.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't count on middle management to get your messaging right, or to tell you what is really going on. They all want your jobs.

Great place to work

Intel Intern (Current Employee) Hillsboro, OR (US)

ProsThe cubes are spacious and the company give you everything you need to get started the very first day. Time is flexible and the work is enjoyable.

ConsSome people don't like the idea of working in a cube. Getting access to everything takes a while.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Intel Corporation Global Employer Branding responded to this review

Jul 15, 2014

Glad you enjoy the "spacious cubes"! :-) I too am optimistic about the outlook of the company, our earnings report today didn't hurt either!
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful balanced approach to work, personal growth and aspirations and WLE

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsRewards and recognitions are many and well-deserved across organization.
    Open and fair pay and work. Exhaustive review of pay and performance.
    Promotions based on performance, interest and ability.
    Work life balance is one of the best in the industry. Very open and flexible to implement what works for an individual as long as work is done.
    Company invests a lot into the employees in terms of training, development and environment.
    Is one of the fastest to adopt new technologies, approaches and concepts into practise and proliferate it throughout even though it is a large organization.

ConsTight compensation compared to industry. Can get much better pay elsewhere in industry many times.
    High egos based on division/designation for many instances.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep more interface with across industry interactions for all employees to ignite their minds further.

Quite happy here

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hillsboro, OR (US)

ProsGreat place to work. The people are engaging, but it depends on the group that hires you.

ConsIntel has a large company atmosphere. All presentations and project plans are coordinated by creating Power Point presentations

Intel Corporation Global Employer Branding responded to this review

Jul 15, 2014

The dreaded powerpoint!! I feel like I'm a professional presentation builder at this point. Perhaps one day, this will become a super hero skill and everyone will want to be just like me! :-)

A great place to work with a lot of challenges ahead in the mobile market

Design Automation Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsGreat work life balance, relaxed environment, good rewards and pay (not the most competitive in the sector)

ConsManagement is sometimes can be clueless. Company is struggling to win in the mobile market.

Good but limited internship opportunities

Graduate Technical (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM (US)

Proscasual culture. freedom. good pay and benefits.

Consbureaucracy, limited access to the real work, work can be boring and lack of stimulant

Great work life balance and friendly working environment

Marketing Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsPeople are generally willing to help.
    Good work life balance.
    Good benefit.

ConsCompany really prefer senior professionals. Really not many opportunities for junior people.

Great Place to Build On

Operations Manager (Current Employee) North Sacramento, CA (US)

ProsGreat History, great learning grounds, great benefits, average pay, fast culture - Lots of meetings, Many very smart people with great experience.

ConsLots of political challenges, some areas do not allow for work-life balance, Still a bit old fashioned.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the business your focus, get more in tune with the middle management, get back to some of the core values. Bring in new blood from outside.

Great company to work.

Process Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunities to grow, great values.

ConsVery specfic to your group.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!