Intel Corporation

3.8 3,240 reviews

Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich

Brian M. Krzanich

3,240 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Very good work-life balance - atleast my position is around a 40 hr work week"
    in 393 reviews
  • "I'm very proud of working with cutting edge technology"
    in 125 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance can be a challenge as there are always more things to do"
    in 147 reviews
  • "Very heavy decision making processes, usually involving a lot of stake holders"
    in 94 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

It was a great experience that is one of the best places you can start your career.

Intern (Current Employee)
Munich (Germany)

I have been working at Intel Corporation as an intern for more than a year

ProsYou have the chance to work with very professional people in a multinational ecosystem. You are assigned challenging tasks as an employee and you can work in different projects.

ConsThere isn't enough positions for new graduates. You have too much freedom that sometimes you need a mentor to help your personal development.

Excellent Engineering-Driven Company

Industrial Engineer (Current Employee)
Chandler, AZ (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIntel's best employees challenge themselves every day. This fast-paced environment makes Intel a great place to work. There's a unique mode of operation at Intel, I've heard it referred to as "constructive confrontation" where employees are expected to challenge their peers when they have disagreements. It's a power piece of corporate culture at work inside Intel. Intel also has lots of "nice thing" programs for employees like free drinks in the cafe or raffles for movie tickets.

ConsSince Intel is so big, it can be difficult to effect change upon the organization. The constraints of being in such a large organization can be frustrating, and will take some time to understand and learn to manage.

Intel

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time

Prosgreat place to work in

Consvery far from city center

Good and bad

Senior Component Design Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood benefits, good pay, fair horizontal mobility

ConsToo big. Get stuck in their (bad) ways. Though they have lots of good employees with vision, that vision never seems to make it up to those who make the decisions. And, they overwork the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvite and reward employees to share their visions for future products, and not just the employees who's job it is to think up future products.

Great Internship

Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee)
Hillsboro, OR (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsGot to work from home

ConsWhen you have to go to the office, there are thousands of people there

Excellent company to work for

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIntel is an excellent company to work for. The work culture is great and there is an air of innovation in everyday work. I especially like the freedom and flexibility given to employees to complete their jobs in the best possible productive manner.

The company also encourages employees to take active part in community involvements and provides employees a platform to unleash their passion for community work.

ConsPay could be even better.

Not one of my favorite companies

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood pay and benefits. Decent budgets to work with.

ConsExtremely political, back stabbing is prevalent. Watch your back if you work here or you could get blind sided.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen. Be more available.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Intel is a Great Place to Work

Engineering Technician (Current Employee)
Chandler, AZ (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIntel has an excellent stock program. You are able to invest in Intel by buying Intel stock at a discounted price. This company also offer great health benefits compared to other large companies along with a sabbatical (8 weeks off with pay every 7 years of service). Intel also offers a nice 401k and work-life balance.

ConsYour education and experience far out weighs what's required for the position they hire you at. Promotion is not as swift as it should.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership needs to know more about what's going on at the lower levels to understand better on how to make things run efficient.

Used to be a great place to work, but has dwindled down along the way...

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

ProsPerks and benefits are good. Encourages employees to be innovative and gives them chances to showcase their works via internal technical conferences.

ConsEven though Intel encourages Work Life Balance, but in actual it is almost not practiced. The pay could be better

An Environment that keeps you thinking and working - if you want to!

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

ProsA predominantly professional environment. You drive your career path and will find leaders to support you. Intel is a company with a rich spectrum of multidisciplinary opportunity. You can also define the right life balance for you, including flexible hours.

ConsCompensation might not be the greatest, tight training and certification budget in some operation groups with loose spending (training, travel, .. ) on areas that yielded no revenue in years!

Advice to Senior ManagementReward real engineering work more than you reward power point engineering!

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich. All 3,240 reviews are posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees.