Insight

Insight Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck

Kenneth T. Lamneck

Pros
  • Good people for the most part, challenging work (in 10 reviews)

• Good place to start for entry-level IT sales (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • terrible hostile work environment, terrible home work balance terrible upper management team (in 10 reviews)

• There is such a lack of discipline from sales reps who do not care very much (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Outstanding management team and headed in the right direction

ProsExecutive Management / Leadership has the company headed in the right direction.
    Investment in Services business and people is a major plus.
    New focus based on specific sales segments and verticals is setting the company up for success.

Consbenefits package and 401K match is just OK.
    Difficult at times to overcome legacy box-selling approach.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in the Services and Solution selling capabilities.

Procurement manager

Procurement Manager (Former Employee) Plano, TX (US)

Proscentrally located in the metroplex

Consterrible hostile work environment, terrible home work balance terrible upper management team

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate and listen to your employees they are who make you what you are

Positioned to succeed

Manager (Current Employee) Bloomingdale, IL (US)

ProsGetting rid of dead weight. Floodgates opening with vendors and long term clients.

ConsMore fat has to be trimmed. There are still many folks performing at mediocre levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course. Keep thinking long term.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sonographer

Sonographer (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsThat I do not work there anymore. Pay was average.

Conshorrible management, you are considered a number to this company not a human. My facility was closed 2 weeks before Christmas with 2 weeks notice, benefits were awful, lots of politics, the office was very divided unfriendly co-workers and very clique-ey work environment. It was a depressing place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a moment to get to know your employees, a smile goes a long way. Have a conversation with us once in a while instead of only meeting with us when there are issues. Communication was horrible between management and employees. I was afraid to bring up any issues because it was some how never resolved and they always looked at you different if you brought up any problems or concerns you had.

We are great at recruitment!

Network Architect (Former Employee) Miami, FL (US)

ProsLarge company, good benefits. Frequent re-organizations teaches flexibility. Always pays on time. They have a process for everything!

ConsLarge company, and you get lost in the shuffle. You are just a number to management. There is a culture of always watching behind your back, because you never know who has the next knife. The Insight values mean nothing. They are great at recruitment since they are always having to replace employees!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the fighting between teams within the company. Cultivate the best out of people, not the people that are best at discord. Talk to those people who are leaving, there is a culture issue.

Unethical company not somewhere you want to be

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsThere are several members of the teams that are true assets. These individuals are extremely knowledgeable; however, Insight has no respect for their employees. In fact their turnover rates and ability to cut anyone without warning is horrific.

ConsHorrible management, unethical business practices, and lack of methodology define Insight. The company tried to build on its services lines but has no care for the persons making up their workforce. There is no real career to be had here and they only use employees until they just don't need them anymore so then they quickly let them go.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management needs to go.

Interesting but a confusing place to work.

Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN (US)

ProsTalented Engineers, peers mentor other staff. If you like to travel there is plenty of opportunity. Steady work with no overtime or oncall work after hours perfect for someone with a family.

ConsWorked for 6 years at Insight in St. Paul. Entire support staff of 4-6 Engineers eliminated. Found same position at another company paid $35k more a year for the same work. I should have moved on 5 years earlier. Company was profit oriented at all times and did not value their staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery Engineer I speak with that were X-Insight engineers tell the same story. Never again will I work for that company at any cost. Don't see a future for Insight, anywhere. Time for Insight to go out of business, they don't bring any value to any customer. Getting rid of Senior Engineers doesn't make good business sense. What goes around comes around. Goodbye Insight, hopefully people that read this will pass on working at your company.

Good place to work until they decide you're expendable.

Systems Learning and Development Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsGood people for the most part, challenging work.

ConsRegular layoffs for no apparent reason.

Inside Sales

Inside Sales (Former Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsVacation time, Peers, Holiday pay

Consmanagement shifts, AE shifts, lack of company loyalty

Advice to Senior Managementna

No career growth opportunity.

Marketing (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsWarm culture, always something fun going on. Bring Your Dog to Work Day, on-site health clinic, covered parking, onsite cafe, lots of free food and giveaways.

ConsSalaries are below average, there is no career path and hardly ever any promotions within ones job. Management seems supportive but never goes to bat for you. Unless you are in sales, no one really cares about you. Losing the Insight Bowl also stinks.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvde career paths for employees OTHER than in sales. Actions speak louder than words - quit telling employees about all the great opps at Insight - show them instead. Put more money into marketing, add headcount, create advertising campaigns. Compared to CDW we are booooring.

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!