Insight

Insight Reviews

Updated Apr 06, 2014

Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck

Kenneth T. Lamneck

Pros:
  • "Good place to start for entry-level IT sales"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Good people for the most part, challenging work"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Mid level management has the ability to make/break your role and upper management fully allows this"
    in 9 reviews
  • "There is such a lack of discipline from sales reps who do not care very much"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Insight uncovered my potentials

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Insight full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat learning experience
High Pressure Sales
Recognition for success
Tons of rewards
Positive work environment
Awesome benefit package

ConsInternal processes can slow down performance
Long sales training (3 months when I joined)

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company should consider going back to its roots, which was being a sales organization geared towards providing clients a one-stop shopping experience. The burden of providing complete solutions, is profitable in theory; however, when executed in practice it doesn't work out as well. In the case of Insight, the direction of patterning with few key partners and disregard the others allowed the competition to take market share away.

Great sales school

Adobe Sales Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Insight full-time for more than a year

ProsGood training program, company appreciates hard workers and individuals with high potential. Corporate culture is great.

ConsCompensation is quite low, company likes to hire junior sales people instead of experienced sales executives as they do not want to pay high base salaries. Excessive micro-management on the sales floor.

Account Executive

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Insight full-time for less than a year

ProsExcellent training by Montreal learning and development team. If you are willing to learn and participate you will have all the support needed. Great introduction to IT sales.

ConsQuestionable HR policies and management protocol. Objectives can at times be unrealistic and compensation minimal for efforts given. Be ready for some very long days with no overtime paid.

several years in sales

I have been working at Insight full-time

Prosstrong position in industry, active in hiring, developing a strong cloud presence. OVerall package is good and opportunities exist for advancement if you look for them.

ConsTends to underinvest and give competitors a lead, can be shortsighted in their goals and reactionary to main partners and their needs. Still struggling for idsentity in marketplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more administrative assistance for sales, turn sales management into experts to be on calls with sales employees. Inside sales should be a lead generation engine

Great environment, but not without its flaws

I have been working at Insight full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat team environment, everyone is trying to help you
800lb gorilla status with partners and clients
Lots of fun events and happy hours
Opportunities for learning and development everywhere
Very forgiving for slow starters

ConsLots of kool-aid, people outside of the attitudinal norm have been cut
Some unfair metrics
Lower compensation relative to industry - making the same deal working at a competitor will get you more money
Strong get stronger mentality (goes both ways)

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees and they will take care of your shareholders. Cutting the bottom line with compensation has led to two bad quarters

You are your own boss

I have been working at Insight full-time for less than a year

ProsYou drive your own business, lots of freedom, and margin to make money

Conscompletely accountable, a lot of turnover

Advice to Senior Managementmore transparency

Great place to grow personally. You will be pushed to your limits, for your betterment.

I have been working at Insight

ProsEveryone will help you here. Training is great, 3 months and paid. Other companies don't pay while in training. They also train you well. I find this company invests in you where others don't these days.

ConsOffice Politics can sometimes be a not nice thing, you just have to live with it. But everyone tries to limit the politics to the least amount.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you are doing, it is working well.

Professional Sales Organisation with Great Vision

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Insight

ProsUnlimted earnings potential with tremendous backup and assistance. Truly believe that Family and Children are an important part of your success.

ConsPressured to succeed, tend to refer to people as a homogenous group rather than as individuals.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be more emphasis on relating to people as individuals rather than as a homogenous group. Each individual has their strengths and weaknesses.

Only the best will prosper.

Accounts Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Insight

ProsClear procedures. Great coaching. All resources are documented and available. Technical staff as well. Prospecting tools and random prospects are provided.

ConsSometimes the daily communication with the customer is pushed beyond the limit. Calling them for different product lines and promotions day after day can seriously damage the image of Insight, which, actually, is hard to establish in the first place.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't mistake feeling the pulse of the customer with every-day bombarding him or her with information, even if it may be helpful. Most IT decision makers simply don't have the time for that, therefore the communication maximum should be established with the customer and never be exceeded.

I would STRONGLY NOT recommend working for Insight

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Insight

ProsThe money and prizes are good. Good medical and dental. Beautiful building to work in.

ConsIt is like slave labor. They have a whip behind everyone all day, every day. They monitor your talk time(min. 2 1/2 hours), client dials (min. 40 calls), sales (number of sales and total dials) and send out a report hourly to the team. If you are lacking at any time of the day they will send you nasty e-mails. They listen to your calls continually. It is discouraged from you to even get up from your desk. I worked there for many years and hated every minute of it. The thing that keeps alot of people there is that they lack French skills so they have a hard time to find another good paying job (my reason too). I worked there for many years and would say they have turnover of at least 100 employees a year. They have training classes almost every month with about 25 new hires in each class. After about six months or so there will be approx. one person left from each group still employed by Insight.
They are very demanding and treat employees like whatever they are doing is not good enough. Their favorite saying is "You are only as good as your last sale". I saw many dedicated and talented sales reps abused. You were always in fear for your job. You can have fantastic sales for months and one slow month they will be on you like crazy.
I would STRONGLY NOT recommend working for Insight.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees aren't Drones. The stress of this job is too much for most people.

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insight reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Insight CEO Kenneth T. Lamneck. All 147 reviews are posted anonymously by Insight employees.