Insight

Insight Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck

Kenneth T. Lamneck

Pros
  • Good people for the most part, challenging work(in 10 reviews)

• Good place to start for entry-level IT sales(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • terrible hostile work environment, terrible home work balance terrible upper management team(in 10 reviews)

• There is such a lack of discipline from sales reps who do not care very much(in 5 reviews)

Professional Sales Organisation with Great Vision

Sales (Current Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsUnlimted earnings potential with tremendous backup and assistance. Truly believe that Family and Children are an important part of your success.

ConsPressured to succeed, tend to refer to people as a homogenous group rather than as individuals.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be more emphasis on relating to people as individuals rather than as a homogenous group. Each individual has their strengths and weaknesses.

Only the best will prosper.

Accounts Executive (Former Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsClear procedures. Great coaching. All resources are documented and available. Technical staff as well. Prospecting tools and random prospects are provided.

ConsSometimes the daily communication with the customer is pushed beyond the limit. Calling them for different product lines and promotions day after day can seriously damage the image of Insight, which, actually, is hard to establish in the first place.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't mistake feeling the pulse of the customer with every-day bombarding him or her with information, even if it may be helpful. Most IT decision makers simply don't have the time for that, therefore the communication maximum should be established with the customer and never be exceeded.

I would STRONGLY NOT recommend working for Insight

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsThe money and prizes are good. Good medical and dental. Beautiful building to work in.

ConsIt is like slave labor. They have a whip behind everyone all day, every day. They monitor your talk time(min. 2 1/2 hours), client dials (min. 40 calls), sales (number of sales and total dials) and send out a report hourly to the team. If you are lacking at any time of the day they will send you nasty e-mails. They listen to your calls continually. It is discouraged from you to even get up from your desk. I worked there for many years and hated every minute of it. The thing that keeps alot of people there is that they lack French skills so they have a hard time to find another good paying job (my reason too). I worked there for many years and would say they have turnover of at least 100 employees a year. They have training classes almost every month with about 25 new hires in each class. After about six months or so there will be approx. one person left from each group still employed by Insight.
    They are very demanding and treat employees like whatever they are doing is not good enough. Their favorite saying is "You are only as good as your last sale". I saw many dedicated and talented sales reps abused. You were always in fear for your job. You can have fantastic sales for months and one slow month they will be on you like crazy.
    I would STRONGLY NOT recommend working for Insight.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees aren't Drones. The stress of this job is too much for most people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lots of potential, however no Sales accoutability, paying half the industry commission rate will keep them mediocre!

Solutions Sales Executive (Former Employee)

ProsLots of things to sell!

ConsPoor work life balance, too many management changes, middle management is afraid to speak up and manage in fear of losing thier jobs. Poor at dividing territories to gain better market penetration, management will keep accounts vs doing what is best for the company. Many salary plan changes over the past 3 years which has been a continual downgrade.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet smart hold the AE's and Middle managment accountable for growing sales portfolio's, Many reps have accounts they do not work or call on, ie just passing electronic orders. Take away the bottom accounts from every rep, hire new reps on the commision that is already being paid out and penetrate the market.

Sales Solutions Rep

Sales Solutions Representative (Current Employee) Bloomington, IL (US)

ProsGood people to work with

ConsNo career developement, constant restructuring and reorganization

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement some sort of career development program, change is good, but too much of a good thing can be bad.

It been a good experience at insight

ProsThey have good scheduling and work with you when you have family emergency. Everyone olis very helpful when you need help and they participate in volunteer work.

ConsOffice politics, no raises for a few years and when they did give a raise it was well below the average of other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementResearch into merits and pay for employees.

Manager

Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

Prosthere is no pros within Insight Service Team

Cons- No recognition for the hardwork
    - No communication from Top down

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make the decision call without any communication to your team.

Insight is getting better

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsAt HQ in Tempe, most of the teammates are very helpful. There are many fun activities.
     New PM and Marketing Management are upgrading tools so people can be more efficient.
     In those departments starting to provide more training and more career opportunities.
    Management open about goals and direction.

ConsPay scale is low and health benefits are not good.
    No on-going sales training and no accountability in sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop consistent goals across organization. Each partner has goals with no tie to sales expectations.
    In PM, encourage cooperation instead of competition between teams.
    Continue to provide career training and opportunities.

Great

Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsExcellent company to work for.

ConsLots of emailing, but overall is good.

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

Survival of the FIttest

Inside Sales (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsGood Entry Level with opportunity to make good money if you find the golden ticket

ConsSales process is still in building phase which can sometimes make it difficult to endure through the process.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild value in the employees that don't want to remain complacent instead of firing and hiring at more cost someone new to train and go through the full process all over again. Build a culture of employees that don't fear being replaced by the next new thing.

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!