Informatica

Informatica Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi

Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Work life balance - Even workload, never forced to work overtime/weekends/late night (in 42 reviews)

• Good work life balance, helpful colleagues and work culture (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Have to go through politics when getting your idea approved (even if you are in an R & D) (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place, good people, great technologies and resources

Enterprise Sales Executive (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsStrong product, message, marketing, access to executives is fantastic.

ConsDisparate teams leads to inconsistency and inefficient collaboration.

Job Review

ProsGood culture. Informatica has a good work culture compared to many Software product companies.

ConsManagement always changing the way various tasks are done. Only thing that is constant is change. Change is supposed to be a good thing only if the change improves a process, most of the changes done by Infa Managment doesnt improve the process but just change it.

Excellent Company and Promising Career

Professional Services Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsPros:-
    1) Great Opportunities to learn and expand your career .
    2) Great products and strong focus on Customer success.
    3) Good benefits, work life balance.

ConsCompany is Growing and hence it will have its own share of impact on employees.
    But Growth is always good

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent company with a collaborative culture and lots of learning opportunities.

Professional Services Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsLots of opportunities within professional services to expand your skills and take on more responsibilities within projects. Very good internal product training resources. Coworkers always willing to help and answer questions regardless of their seniority level. Great collaborative corporate culture, and accessible upper management team. Excellent employee benefits, especially the healthcare plan, 401k match, and employee stock purchase programs.

ConsProfessional Services seems to have a set formula for compensation/promotions, which can be frustrating. Slightly unclear about career opportunities within professional services.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider making the professional services compensation/promotion guidelines less rigid, and explaining career opportunities for consultants either in professional services or other parts of the company.

Great place to work

QA Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood product, great people, great culture

Consmanagement keep changing, creates confusion to engineers

Good Company & Great place to work

Senior Director (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA (US)

Pros- Very good leadership team
    - Best product in market
    - Excellent benefits
    - Nice office building
    - Healthy work environment
    - Manageable workload
    - Free gym membership
    - Pays above the 50 percentile of market comp

Cons- Growth is slowing and stock is in decline
    - Title inflation at senior levels
    - Employees are often not considered for internal leadership opportunities. Certain Execs prefer to recruit outside and appear to be hiring their buddies from previous jobs.
    - Company is getting more "mature". There is an increasing number of policies and process. This is not necessarily a Con but makes it more difficult to get work done and may be slowing growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job overall.

good place to work, not too many politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLeadership (CEO) is very consistent and thoughtful. Generally smart people who are able to pivot when needed.

ConsProduct marketers don't have their own budget - they have to fight for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGenerally doing a good job.

Excellent company to work for. Innovative, market leader, independent. In the data area and data is the new oil.

Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Nieuwegein (Netherlands)

ProsGreat atmosphere of a company that wants to stay ahead of the game and stay the market leader in data integration. Lot's of innovation, so lot of room for personal growth.

ConsBecause they are becoming bigger and bigger, sometimes you see the effect of a bigger company meaning longer communication lines although i must admit, it has never hindered me in my work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in innovation not only by aquiring new technology but also invest in proven technology otherwise in a couple of years competition is going to take over.

Great Company

Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGreat Products, very smart people

ConsWork Life balance. Can never take vacation without being made to feel guilty.

Excellent culture, growing company!!

Senior Talent Acquisition Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsDepending on your role, they are flexible on work schedule. Great work/life balance. Even for remote employees, they try to loop you in to town hall events and meetings - they even stream them so you feel like you're sitting in the room! Great benies, competitive pay. Management seems interested in what you have to say.

ConsTime off is on an accrual basis. I came from an open time off policy where you took what you needed. However, you still get an ample amount of time in your first year. You receive more as your tenure increases. Wouldn't mind seeing a more flexible pto policy.

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!