Informatica

Updated 26 November, 2014
4.2

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi
Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Work-life Balance: One of the best IT companies in Bangalore I have seen (in 67 reviews)

• Informatica has a good work culture compared to many Software product companies (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Work is not a seasonal thing at GCS unlike R&D where everything happens "before" the release time (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

I have been with Informatica for more than 8 years, I learned trust from here.

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company really cares about customers and employees' development. what I most value here is "money can be earned without doing evil", which is from company's annual ethic training.

Cons

As the world changes everyday, the company faces different challenges, to meet the requirement, I need study and update my knowledge, sometimes I am short of time.

I do my best for the company, when I don't have experience to do better and need support from management team. please support.

Great Company

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I worked at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ability to work with "big data" and acquire skills that are demanded in the industry.
    Co-workers and managers are knowledgeable and very team oriented.
    Flexible work hours.

Cons

Can be a stressful place to work nearing deadlines.
    The first couple weeks of the job could be difficult as there is a lot to learn about the products.

A good software company to work for

Current Employee - Director in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible organization, doesn't micro-manage, lots of flexibility in roles, good products. The organization is in a good space for a software company, and it has a lot of growth potential

Cons

Internal systems need improving, some stronger integration between different business units would help in growing the scope of their opportunities in the data management space

A full push on moving from a tools company to a solution company is a must if the comany is to continue the growth expected as an organization.

Inferior Product Portfolio and In Difference towards Product Quality

Current Employee - Technical Delivery Manager
    Current Employee - Technical Delivery Manager

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Salaries are good. Working from home is promoted

Cons

It is challenging to implement inferior products.

Get your act together.

Great place, good people, great technologies and resources

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong product, message, marketing, access to executives is fantastic.

Cons

Disparate teams leads to inconsistency and inefficient collaboration.

On and Off

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

Culture is OK. Decent pay.

Cons

New management comes in and ruins morale...you are never valued and always replaceable. That is the mentality.

Listen to the employess that have been around. They know what's best for the company not some new hot shot executive

Sep 26, 2013Vice President International Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to post this review - I'm sorry to hear that there are some things that we could be doing better for you - please feel free to reach out to me direcly if you would like to ... More

Job Review

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good culture. Informatica has a good work culture compared to many Software product companies.

Cons

Management always changing the way various tasks are done. Only thing that is constant is change. Change is supposed to be a good thing only if the change improves a process, most of the changes done by Infa Managment doesnt improve the process but just change it.

One of the best companies I've worked at!

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The products do what they are supposed to, the people are great and professional, the pay is competitive, the culture is friendly...honestly, it has everything you want in a company.

Cons

I personally find it a bit unfair when bonuses are tied to objectives that are completely out of your control (i.e. utilization for those in positions that don't control staffing or business development).

Informatica has historically done a good job of allowing for a good work-life balance. However, now that we are a billion dollar company, we need to make sure that processes, requirement certification/training, etc. are enforced in a way that people feel that can do work during work times and not during personal time. That is, if utilization is tied to bonuses but certification and other activities are considered overhead, you are forcing a great percentage of the people to do work during their personal time to protect their money. It's fine if people choose to do more than 40 hours a week of work, but by tying money into the mix, some people may feel that they are forced into a situation where they have to do this. This is a challenging problem to solve, but this needs to be handled carefully or else people will lose sight of the value of training/certification or the employees become disgruntled because their well being is being threatened.

Had a great time at Informatica. People are excellent, management are good.

Former Employee - Project Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I worked at Informatica as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent products and services. Amazing people. Free decision realm for great projects. Coworkers and management work close together with same company standards.

Cons

Based on high projects demands, there is very little time available for training and get into deep knowledge of products.

Sometimes I felt a kinda lost at clients installations due to lack of training and of course no support from coworkers because they're also too busy.

Nov 24, 2014Principal HR Business Partner, Latin America

Thanks for taking the time to post this review – it’s really important to us to hear from our employees, current and past! It’s great to know that you had an excellent experience at Informatica ... More

The most organized company I have worked for.

Current Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A company that plans and execute any topic with excellence. Marketing, product development, professional services, sales, education, HR and others departments working for a same objective: make the customer experience the best as possible.

Cons

Until today I don't see any cons to work here.

Work together in the good times and in the bad times. This is the difference of sucess company.

Nov 24, 2014Principal HR Business Partner, Latin America

Thank you for taking the time to comment and give us advice. It’s people like you that makes us such a wonderful culture and a great place to be.