InBev

InBev – Leuven – “HQ”

InBev CEO Carlos Brito

Carlos Brito

Procurement Russia

Procurement Manager (Current Employee) Moscow (Russia)

ProsIf you need to breakthrough in your career and you are ready to work long hours and if you are a fighter it is a right place to be, very result driven. Company does not look at your age you can be promoted if you bring results even if you are young. Hope things will improve with an arrival of Stuart(Zone President )

ConsLots of burrocracy, Standards working not for everyone. Industry is down which is translated into employers mood. People are not a value but resource, if you are not efficient then you are out. No bonus 3rd year. Very stressfull work ( procedures grow at the samee time less people each year due to optimisation)

Advice to Senior ManagementChallenge should be but they should be not impossible to achieve, don't take Global's challenges, so we have unachieveble targets again. Dont overinvest in management trainees. Decrease burrorcacy in finance department.

Getting worse...especially since Brito tookover!

Delivery Driver (Current Employee) Riverside, CA (US)

ProsThere is always work. If you are the type of person who enjoys working for the sake of working, come here. The only good thing I can say is that this company will give you work and more work. If you are the ruthless type, you will fit in here. This company is not for the faint hearted.

ConsThe pay. We are going to do more and get paid less. This company has lowered quality and I suspect this will cause it to lose more business.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat us like humans.

Good people, bad pay

Group Manager (Current Employee)

Pros- Amazing people
    - Free beer

Cons- High Turnover
    - Long hours for little pay
    - No interest on being competitive in the job market, rather their focus is on replacing people quickly

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to retain people in the company. You will safe money in training and the knowledge acquired will remain in the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

People are the last thing on their mind.

Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsPassionate industry with a lot of history and very knowledgeable people. Hours can be tough at times but overall not completely impossible to maintain a balance.

ConsThis company talks a lot about its people and how they are the most important and valuable asset, but do not believe it. Brito cares about one thing and one thing only, which is the bottom line. This complete disconnect between what management said and what it actually did made this the unhappiest environment I have ever worked in. I worked at InBev during the AB acquisition, and while I wasn't made redundant myself I understand that redundancies will and must happen after any merger or acquistion. However, the way that it was handled was an insult to those employees who had given years of service to either InBev or AB; terrible communication, changes to deadlines and poor severance packages made it clear that management viewed employees as expendable. I resigned not long after to a much happier workplace, and would recommend any and all to stay away.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop talking about culture, and act in such a way that will actually help to create the culture you are aiming for. Talking about people but only looking at cost will only last so long, and you will continue to see talent leave as you focus purely on cost-cutting to pay for the latest acquisition at inflated prices.

review

Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) Budapest (Hungary)

Prosworking environment 5+, free beer:)

ConsThe salary and benefits should be better..

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

3,5 years in accounting leader role in shared service center

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe main product obviously creates an interesting accounting background, able to create good environment

ConsForced carrier paths, inconsistent decisions with culture that is emphasized daily
    Cost reduction on a very high level with no efficiency

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on real skills and accountable/professional leaders

Great problems to solve, not so great work experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsTough problems that need solving based on engineering, lots of room to grow within company. Great benefits included of all, even non-union

ConsHaving to deal with union workers every day was pretty abysmal. Lots of hours and lots of expected Over time

Good

Campus Ambassador (Former Employee) Lille (France)

ProsVery strong culture of ownership and great top management, which is easily accessible unlike in the other vast organizations. Plus, they produce beer!

Consremote office locations, stuck with only one product, sharing of the rooms during the business trips, long working hours, and not many much more.

Advice to Senior Managementjust keep on doing what are doing the best and work more on Branding because it will be the key in future

Tough culture - focus on compensation only

Director (Current Employee)

ProsCompensation is second to none and long term incentives are extremely good. You'll get rich at this company if you stay for 10 years.

ConsVery tough culture. No work-life balance. Long hours. Sacrifice long term gains for short term benefits. Tough to manage with 6 P&L's and no global power.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter understand the US corporate culture in order to make it successful. Be more willing to focus on long-term benefits rather then short term wins.

Not for everyone but I LOVED IT

Ex Finance Director (Former Employee)

ProsFast changing environment, new and more demanding challenges on a regular basis - you really need to keep up with the pace or you just wont cope and either leave or "be restructured"

Great financial rewards (I was at Director level when we were maxing out on results)

Great development opportunities - not in a formalised way but "on the job" / "sink or swim" stuff which I appreciate isn't for everyone.

ConsUnless you have the right boss, work / life balance can be a joke.

Development can be to other roles that are outside of your comfort zone which can obvioulsy be a good thing but sometimes the leap is too far;

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep driving the share price.
    Provide more opportunities to non-Brazilians
    Change the formula for Bud in Europe - it is cr;p

Worked for InBev? Contribute to the Community!