In-N-Out Burger

Updated 30 September, 2014
4.3

In-N-Out Burger President Lynsi Martinez
Lynsi Martinez

Pros
  • Hours are great, fast paced work never a dull moment so work goes by fast, Great pay starts at (in 38 reviews)

• Good Pay, great learning experience, teaches good work ethic (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Fast-paced, which can get very difficult, especially in my store, which is just off the freeway (in 17 reviews)

• Selective of full time candidates (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing place to work

Former Employee - Level V  in  Anaheim, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Level V in Anaheim, CA (US)

I worked at In-N-Out Burger part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They only promote from within, excellent pay, flexible schedule, fun environment, great training, awesome co-workers, free burger during every shift. Expect their employees to work hard.

Cons

There really weren't any cons for me when I worked at In N Out Burger. It's definitely tough work and you have to consistently have a great attitude so it was annoying when coworkers couldn't hang but I highly recommend working here!

Level 3 associate

Former Employee - Level III  in  Inglewood, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Level III in Inglewood, CA (US)

I worked at In-N-Out Burger part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay. Raises often get lots of hours.management willing to work with schedules. Amazing company outings and opportunities to make more money and move up. Lots of locations make commuting not so bad

Cons

Pay is great but it is hard work making the burgers d fries. Heavy lifting. Dangers with fry diced and onion slicer. And working the grill can be very exhausting. Long hours. Also very strict on appearance hair colors fake nails nail polish men facial hair.

Allow for more growth with employees don't limit their ability and leave them in a position that doesn't allow them to move up

Good pay and good food

Former Employee - Associate Level IV  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Associate Level IV in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at In-N-Out Burger part-time for more than a year

Pros

They pay well and scheduling is flexible. Non-confrontational (could be a con, too) - if a customer wants it, they get it.

Cons

If you're not cleaning or making something, you are not working. I got in trouble many times for socializing with customers during slow time with nothing to do.

If it's all about the customer, then allow a little more freedom to treat customers individually - some want to be talked to, some don't.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great high school job. Good college job. Not-so-great of a career.

Former Employee - Associate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Associate in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at In-N-Out Burger part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hours & pay is pretty decent for college. Very flexible schedule. They'll be good to you if you're good to them.

Cons

Though duty placement may seem merit based to some, it can be seen as favoritism to others.

Stop hiring lazy idiots.

Fun place to work,fast paced & great pay!

I worked at In-N-Out Burger part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Pay, Fun People, fast paced

Cons

Sometimes Bad Management, overly schedule associates. No time for social life.

Time off policies should be followed. Fairness.

best burger joint to work for

Current Employee - Level V
    Current Employee - Level V

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great pay, room for advancement, great benefits, great values. free meal everyday you work. flexible schedule which is great if your in school or have another job.

Cons

labor intense. it can be challenging to work fries or the grill. you are constantly moving around. you always have to stay busy. it gets really busy and you have to overcome stress.

focus on associates that want to move up and dont pick favorites

Great place to work with great benefits

I worked at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

I worked at In-N-Out over the period of three years. They offer great pay and many opportunities for advancement, and also a great benefits package.

Cons

Not many cons, it can be busy at times but that is to be expected.

Level 6 Associate

Former Employee - Level 6
    Former Employee - Level 6

I worked at In-N-Out Burger part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company treats their employees well. The pay is good, definitely higher than other fast food places. There is usually a good amount of flexibility. Good culture!

Cons

Work is tough, if you want to do really well, expect to work VERY hard. Depending on your region, manager turn over can be high. Managers often get moved around to different stores. That can be challenging for store morale. When a new manager comes in, they bring in their own unique style - can be an adjustment.

The company is very proud of their Californian heritage, which they should be! However, when people from California move out to different regions they sometimes become negative. You'll hear a lot about how "it's better in California", or "everyone works harder back home". It very well may be true, but it comes across as distasteful to local hires. If California was so awesome, why did you leave? I am not referring to the majority of employees, just a few.

The company is neglecting their college talent within there ranks. Missing out on a major opportunity. Smart employees with good degrees and store experience, yet they do nothing to pursue that talent to stay. Provide more opportunities for smart individuals to stay with the company in other capacities. I loved the company, but I didn't want to be in the store after I graduated. Very little awareness of other options, such as corporate office.

I learned so much, gained many lifelong relationships and had an amazing experience.

Current Employee - Third Manager  in  Mesa, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Third Manager in Mesa, AZ (US)

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great training, great people and awesome up beat fun filled place to work!

Cons

long hours, hard work , very fast paced, dealing with difficult customers. I loved this job it was nothing but a blessing. The only reason I am leaving is that I want to get into a more professional setting and I do not like working until 2am for awhile and then having to work at 8am.

Management is doing a great job!

Awesome place for first job!

Current Employee - In N Out Burger Level IV  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - In N Out Burger Level IV in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger part-time for more than a year

Pros

The managers are very friendly and they are very flexible with your schedule. Everybody has such an amazing attitude that it makes even the most stressful day fun.

Cons

The job pays well for fast food,but there is a reason. It is WORK and one can be easily frustrated because many stressful situations arise when working a rush.

Worked for In-N-Out Burger? Contribute to the Community!