ITT Technical Institute

ITT Technical Institute Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

ITT Technical Institute Chairman & CEO Kevin M. Modany

Kevin M. Modany

Pros
  • Pay was decent for no experience and no degree(in 13 reviews)

• The reward of helping students achieve their goals is priceless(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance - required to work 6-7 days per week and on vacation or sick leave(in 16 reviews)

• upper management has unrealistic expectations, does not care about employees or students(in 22 reviews)

was good in the beginning...

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsI enjoyed helping people improve their lives by getting a degree and increasing job opportunities and income potential.

ConsWhat have you done for me lately? You will be kicked to the curb if you don't meet your goals which have become very hard to reach lately . Your goals will go up year after year even though the industry is in a downward spiral and enrollments are down year after year. Eventually you will not be able to maintain your goals and they will terminate you.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to treat your loyal and productive employees good.

Until They Get New Management, Don't Bother

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Duluth, MN (US)

ProsI had a great manager, loved my job, and was given ample freedom to grow and create better training and opportunitites for students within my position.

ConsCorporate Management are nothing but money-grabbing, morally bankrupt thugs that don't give one iota about providing students with the eduction worth the exhorbitant price tag.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave and have yourselves replaced with sales professionals who are also seasoned educators. Stop cutting vital services to students in lieu of bigger management paychecks. Suggest that Kevin Modany take half od his nine million a year paycheck and acyually put it back into the school.

No complaints.

ProsWork-life balance is good. Great envirorment.

ConsNo complaints, management is great to work for.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love what I do.

ProsGreat people to work around, the students are the best! You get what you put into your position!

ConsLike any company, communication over all could be improved. Focus more on the students.

pretty boring

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Richmond, VA (US)

Prosmost of the people where nice

Consfew leads, little work, no incentives, tier system

Advice to Senior Managementtry some new marketing to get more prospects

Wonderfull

Networking (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsTeam Work ,Friendly Enviroment ,Educatuions

ConsEconomical Issue,Vacations ,Insurance High,Over Time

Advice to Senior ManagementCourses for advancement

My experience was good, ONLY because I had an awesome boss and coworkers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy campus had great co-workers.

ConsAcademic Affairs and Recruitment are always at odds due to conflicting goals. Also it is impossible to move up in the company, even after years of employment. If you do move up, no matter the position, you only receive a ten percent raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate and value your employees, especially the good ones. It's very sad that even when an employee deserves a "1" in their yearly evaluation, no one receives it because it has to be approved and signed by the CEO. What does that say about you Mr. Modany? HQ really needs to re-evaluate how to treat employees. The school has really gone down hill in the last 7 to 8 years

After several years, it's time to go.

Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) Carmel, IN (US)

ProsCourses are taught online- no wardrobe or transportation costs.

ConsFaculty managers insist on not supporting the standards proclaimed by ITT Tech, and in fact, state in emails not to follow them. No opportunity for a raise or promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementScreen the faculty managers a little more carefully. I had good luck for years, but the most recent one under whom I worked seemed to have scattered thoughts, and came up with strange metrics. One evaluation, I was told I graded too rigorously, then next, I was too soft.

More of a corporation than a college.

Admissions Representative (Current Employee) Portland, OR (US)

ProsYou can leave your car in the parking lot while you travel (since it's so close to the airport). I am encouraged to use up all my sick days. Working late starts twice a week can be nice so i can sleep in or fit in a yoga class.

ConsBenefits are a slap in the face...just embarrassing. Micro-management is abundant. It's a hard to sell an education you don't believe in (but that is a personal problem for me).

Advice to Senior ManagementLet go of the micro-management. It does not encourage productivity or motivation. Just stay away.

if you want a position that will teach you what you don't want, this is it

Prosschedule ok. dress code not too bad. i have a great manager.

Consold systems. overly frustrating processes. upper management has unrealistic expectations, does not care about employees or students. compensation is very poor. instead of working on technology upgrades or processes that would help all employees and in benefit to instructors, and students, upper management expects everyone to work harder with 100s of steps and exceptions in each process. mostly manual. lots of room for error which is not acceptable. a few of the directors treat highly educated people like children in a daycare worrying about lunchtimes and vacations instead of how to make itt a great school for everyone.

Advice to Senior Managementgrow up. treat people with respect and your turnover will go down. take millions away from the ceo and invest in the business that gave you those millions. hire people who have vision, not using employees as a power trip for ego boosting. stop blaming instructors for all issues. pay market value. you have highly educated and passionate people...tap into them instead of stepping on them.

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!