IQAir
www.iqair.com La Mirada, CA 50 to 149 Employees

IQAir Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014
IQAir – La Mirada – “North American Headquarters”

Frank Hammes

It just keeps getting better!

I have been working at IQAir full-time for less than a year

ProsGood support from all management levels; challenging projects on which to work; company is the best in its field and is growing; company is diligently working to create an even more positive environment than the current one.

ConsCompany, while expanding, is experiencing a few growing pains, but I have every confidence that these will be overcome in short order. Personal time-off structure leaves something to be desired.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs we grow as a company and new procedures and standards are put into place, think about updating the current time-off structure as well.

Overall a great company to work for

I have been working at IQAir full-time for more than a year

ProsRapidly growing company, extremely hard working staff, brand new facilities with gym, improving company culture, opportunities for training and growth

ConsNo bonus structure, employee compensation is not very competitive, some people will have a difficult time adapting to the high-stress & high-productivity environment

Advice to Senior ManagementSome departments need better planning, cross-department communication should be improved. I would suggest having some sort of town-hall style meetings to further improve company culture.

Great work/life balance

Internet Development Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at IQAir full-time for more than a year

ProsHelping people breath better air! Incredible growth opportunity, fun & fast paced, great benefits (medical, dental, 401k and more), breakfast, lunches, indoor slide, state-of-the-art Gym, and outdoor fountain & BBQ :-)

ConsNot for the weak of hearts. Must be ready to give 120%.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep up the great work. Thank you for listening and for the 100% support.

Growing Company with Great Atmosphere

I have been working at IQAir full-time for more than a year

ProsThere is a high premium placed on progressive thinking and independence. We constantly work on exciting projects that directly effect the bottom line. I would absolutely recommend this company to a friend. There is also a onsite gym and cafeteria. Lunches are catered on Friday and breakfast is catered on Monday.

ConsNot a company for those who don't like to wear many hats or work at a fast pace.If you do not have a great work ethic IQAir would not be the place for you.

Employee and Community Forward Company

I have been working at IQAir full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat benefits, everyone is very nice, employee development promoted. Onsite gym.

Conshigh pressure environment; 110% is expected at all times, every day.

Mar 31, 2014

Thank you for your review! IQAir is moving forward in a planned growth mode and I encourage you to keep watch for improvements and the elimination of inefficiencies in all areas of the company.

Negative atmosphere, counter productive work environment, no leadership in sales. High turnover

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at IQAir

ProsNew building with free lunches on Friday

ConsAwful. Awful Sales team leadership with lack of planning and organization skills. Lots of first time employees with no credibility or awareness to work within a team. Approach to business is random and people are non professionals

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove management team, over deliver and under promise. Make more products! Too much damage control from lack of leadership

Apr 09, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. IQAir believes that each customer and potential customer should have a 100% positive experience. We are constantly reviewing our processes to identify ways that we can ... More

Very dynamic company

Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at IQAir full-time for more than 10 years

ProsVery rewarding place to work. The culture is performance oriented and that's what I like.

ConsThe company culture is not for everyone. It's tough for people that may not fit in.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould interact more with employees.

Mar 31, 2014

Thank you for your review! It is true that this culture is not for everyone. Employee benefits include an on-site gym and weekly catered lunches in addition to company paid employee health ... More

Hostile Work Environment

Sales (Former Employee)
La Mirada, CA (US)

I worked at IQAir full-time for less than a year

ProsIf you're an underachiever this is a great place to work. Management isn't looking for someone with better ideas they really just want you to do your job like a robot. So as long as you mindlessly do exactly what you are told you can last there a long time.

ConsManagement known to have serious anger issues. Yelling, undermining behavior and verbal abuse are all part of the culture. In order to work here it's almost like you have to be numb to being talked down to. I haven't seen such old school management -- that must be how things were in the 60's.

Advice to Senior ManagementI recommend years of anger management counseling and uncover where all your anger comes from.

Mar 26, 2014

IQAir is actively seeking consistently high performers with a positive attitude. Creativity and identification/resolution of inefficiencies is encouraged. IQAir also maintains a professional ... More

Avoid this company

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at IQAir full-time for more than a year

ProsA free air purifier after you've worked there a year. Leaving at the end of the day.

ConsTop management has little experience and creates a hostile work environment. Most of the employees here are miserable.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou really need to remove the top level managment and replace them with people that actually know what they are doing. It is going to destroy your business.

Mar 26, 2014

IQAir has a culture of high performance expectations. Management actively promotes continuing development and it is part of each employee's goals.

Incompetent Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at IQAir full-time

ProsThey pay their employees
They do provide benefits after three months

ConsMicro-management on every front
Treating employees as children

Advice to Senior ManagementParanoia and distrust destroy a work environment. The management here has some deeply insecure feelings toward employees, and the employees feel they can never win.

Worked for IQAir? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IQAir reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for IQAir CEO Frank Hammes. All 10 reviews are posted anonymously by IQAir employees.