IMS Health

IMS Health Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

IMS Health Chairman and CEO Ari Bousbib

Ari Bousbib

Pros
  • Ability to telecommute greatly helps work-life balance (in 28 reviews)

• very strong vacation, work from home, tuition reimbursement, and retirement plans (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor transition of senior management following acquisition be capital venture (in 13 reviews)

• No work-life balance, unrealistic deadlines with not enough resources (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

The experience of working at IMS has taken a down turn.

Senior Account Service Analyst (Current Employee) Montréal-Ouest, QC

ProsInteresting, stimulating, flexible schedule, changing

Consmanagement disconnect. Job loss resulting in loss work integrity

Losing employee confidence

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsPays well, good varied benefits including RRSP, training allowance, option of medical/dental coverage or HCSA. If a manager takes a liking to you and you work like a dog without complaining you will do ok.

ConsNo work-life balance, unrealistic deadlines with not enough resources. There are so many acquisitions of other companies and subsequent layoffs, employees are constantly working long hours and putting up with difficulties without saying anything so as not to be targetted as the next cut. The company talks a lot about taking care of its employees but they actual live under an umbrella of constant stress and uncertainty.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis management group has a grand plan of its own and, foolishly, would never consider any advice from front line employees as having any merit.

Unpleasant experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the people were nice. Location, salary and hours were just about the only pros. And the cafeteria food was good.

ConsEverything else... Workload, departmental communication, support, encouragement, teamwork...All cons. Manager seemed to have zero managerial experience. Looks rosy from the outside, very negative and unpleasant on the inside.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

In IMS consulting, it's long hours and low pay/poor benefit

ProsWork with intelligent people that are super cool

ConsLong hours, poor work life balance, poor benefit and low pay

Company no longer values its employees

Mgr (Current Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsTeam work, within (if not across) teams

Consno work-life abklance. large disjoint, some groups are over-staffed and slack off, some groups are under-staffed and are continuously being asked to eat into any remaining personal time "for the good of the company" .
    The company is being prepped for sale and it is very evident in how the country is managed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople make or break a company. you devalue your people you devalue your company.

Was excellent until econimic matter become more important than clients

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsGreat technology team, people concern's for clients

ConsPoor transition of senior management following acquisition be capital venture

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Bad internal culture meets declining industry

Customer Support Manager (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON

ProsSalary structure is within industry averages.

ConsToo many blind cuts coming from corporate that create a culture of "good enough" instead of quality products to clients.

Excellent place to start my career

Analyst (Current Employee) Collegeville, PA (US)

ProsFrom my first day Interviewing with IMS to my first day on the job, I felt welcomed and felt like I was really part of the family. The atmosphere is very accepting and laid back, while still very career driven and work focused. Everyone is very good at what they do and are willing to teach you to make sure you understand/ feel comfortable with your position. There are many opportunites for advancement as well as opportunites for learning growth. You can find people who have worked here their entire career, with people here for about 40+ years. Their client offerings are innovative and exceptional. They are one of the biggest players in the healthcare data field and they deserve all the praise they recieve. Wonderful place to work. Highly reccommend.

ConsThere is a bit of disorganization sometimes in respects to the building assignments for departments, however they offer so much opportunity for working from home it balances out.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a location!! You cannot just keep moving people all around.

Good Company

Associate Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood working culture
    Flexible timings
    good for experience person
    learning chances are very high

ConsFor fresher package is not up to the expectation

A good company to start your IT career

Associate Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsWorking culture is good.
    A lot of initiatives are being taken, so you might get a chance to work on a new technology.
    Sufficient amount of time is given to learn a new technology.
    Decent work-life balance.

ConsEven though you are required to fill the skill matrix, it is never taken into consideration.
    Decent salary for a fresher, you will end up by saving nothing.

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!