IITRI

Updated May 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

The Twilight Zone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsTuition and health benefits are pretty solid.

Various company outings.

ConsWorking for IITRI was like working in the twilight zone. You really never knew what was expected of you because you were never really trained appropriately. This is mostly to do with the chaotic environment that IITRI has. Everything is pretty archaic and there is not a real solid LIMs system in place to assist the employees. IITRI really needs to train their employees properly and have management that insures their employees are well aware as to what's expected of them. No one should have to guess on whether or not what they did was right or wrong. That is why systems are in place so that people are aware of the standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has to have a universal standard that all employees are aware of. There were too many different rules for different divisions or even rules that were different inside on division. The training regiment is poor and needs to be addressed as soon as possible. Management also needs to make sure managers have social skills. My division manager lacked the proper etiquette when addressing his employees which made for some really awkward demoralizing moments.

they care about the research, but not the people doing it

EHS Officer (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

Prosstaff activities, picnics, ball games, etc.

Consyou are always on thin ice

Advice to Senior Managementtry to be more positive

Not a good place to work

Laboratory Biologist (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsFlexible schedules and tuition benefits

ConsManagement is ineffective. The work is unstimulating.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's has been somewhat satisfying learning experience.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsFriendly environment, really laid back. Benefits are good compared to other places especially, time off policy

ConsReally bad management. Company could be doing a lot better financially wise if it wasn't for the mismanagement. Salaries are at least 15% to 20% lower compare to the private sector. Since the company is a non-profit organization and most of the work is government contracts, there is a lot of fluctuation in the amount of work. Not a very stable company to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere really is a lack of leadership and poor management at IITRI.

Worked for IITRI? Contribute to the Community!