IGS Energy Reviews

33 reviews filtered by
3.8
Scott White

1. awesome company.

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Beachwood, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Beachwood, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

You feel a sense of ownership everyday and feels great to provide a great product that every American uses and needs. Excellent base salary and the best commission plan I've ever seen. No weekends ever. Great work/life balance. Every employee treated with decency and Respect. great benefits and 401 k too. I enjoy coming to work.

Cons

Can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep Up good wOrk. Management is very down to earth. And it all starts from the ceo and president who is very humble and leads the core beliefs that every employee embodies.

2. Everyone wants to work here, they just don't it yet....

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company that takes care of their employees! Great pay, full health care benefits, 401K plan with a company match, and an awesome amount of vacation time. I absolutely love working at IGS Energy and don't plan on leaving anytime soon.

The company is growing very rapidly and there is tons of long term growth with your career. Everyone's voice is heard and they take advice on how to improve on things on a regular basis.

Cons

Overall, there is nothing I would consider a "con."

3. Learning Sales face to face

Former Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Obetz, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Obetz, OH (US)

I worked at IGS Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits with commissions.
    Meet many interesting people
    Great company
    Learn to react quickly to use sales techniques

Cons

Not for everyone, especially if your shy
    Weather comes into play
    Bad reputation of door to door sales

Advice to Management

Its hard to keep consistant new sales, I suggest establishing relationships w/ a community. Keeping one or two faces to work larger areas.

5. Unprofessional to say the least.

Former Employee - Consultant in Modesto, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Modesto, CA (US)

I worked at IGS Energy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Must be self motivated to succeed
    Great for people who want to start over
    Great for people that love talking to people
    And very good for FEARLESS people.
    I'm guessing good pay, considering there are people still working for the company on commission for more than 2 years.
    Green energy and actually wants to save it's customers money unlike a lot of the other gas and electricity suppliers.
    Means well.

Cons

Only payed on commission
    Working long hours despite working "part time"
    If you don't get any pick up's, you're screwed.
    The people I worked with in California are...Unprofessional to say the least. They know their things, but the way things were conducted was ridiculous, but one of my biggest gripes with this company was that they would have people working in a dangerous city up until 7 in the afternoon with drug attics out. Even the people that we were trying to get to sign were upset that they'd have us working out there at night, which really made me question if the company,"cares" about their consultants.Even less when I asked one of my co workers why they do that he replied,"Oh that's nothing, they'd have us work until 8 p.m then we started getting complaints so we stopped." It made the impression on me that they only cared about making sales and money.

Advice to Management

Take some control over your employee's. Be more of their boss and not their friend, take into consideration the surrounding of where you drop off your consultants. Also if you are going to buy a house and rent the rooms to employee's, set some STANDARDS. The house looks like a frat house, with stains of all kind on the walls to the carpet. Mind you this is (WAS) a nice 2 story house in the rich part of the area. Become more professional and if that means firing certain people and re accessing how to manage again, then do that.
    Another thing is to discuss hours with new employee's or people inquiring about the job. Be truthful to them if they will be working 4 hours (normal) or literally 10 hours out knocking on houses. Also discuss pay, do not say you get payed weekly, that you will be payed every 2 weeks for the work you did prior.

6. This is a great company for outside sales people.

Current Employee - Home Energy Sales in Beachwood, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Home Energy Sales in Beachwood, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy

Pros

They are a green company and believe in capitalism with a cause. Their training of the product is excellent and there are opportunities for everyone that want it. You can make alota money as a Home Energy Consultant. Their commission structure is outstanding and worth pursuing

Cons

You are working outside in any and all elements. You are going door to door in nice residential areas providing customer service and selling natural gas and electricity. You must be in good physical shape to do this job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

7. Great Company

Former Employee - Home Energy Sales in Beachwood, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Home Energy Sales in Beachwood, OH (US)

I worked at IGS Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very considerate management. Decent pay and incentives.

Cons

Work can be tough knocking doors, however met as many wonderful people as nasty ones.

Hard Work doesn't Pay off

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great facility, a lot of great people work there

Cons

Company went from a small nice family owned company to a large corporate monster.

Advice to Management

Reward those who actually do hard work. IGS Energy has lost a lot of great employees because of their failure to acknowledge those that do work. They say they want "rock stars", but a rock star by definition is a self absorbed drug addict.

9. Great Internship

Former Intern - Data Entry Intern in Dublin, OH (US)
    Former Intern - Data Entry Intern in Dublin, OH (US)

I worked at IGS Energy as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and hours, flexible scheduling, and helpful managers. IGS is in an ever growing market and is a very innovative in changing the way we use energy.

Cons

Tedious work and some overly strict call center managers.

10. The environment of a start up.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company really puts great emphasis on creating a culture of camaraderie and collaboration. They devote time and energy to holding numerous employee events and activities throughout the year.

The industry also presents great challenges to overcome and IGS is definitely creating innovative solutions to meet those challenges. You are definitely on the forefront.

Cons

With all the benefits that come with a start up, there's also the downside. Things move incredibly quickly and aren't always communicated clearly or change too rapidly and end up wasting some time and effort.

There are new projects and initiatives that give the potential for advancement within the company, but it's not anytime soon and they don't seem to be thinking of their own employees to move up/into new roles.

Advice to Management

Look to the staff you have to develop them into your future leaders instead of hiring outside the company. There are a lot of young millenials in the building and if they feel like you're not invested in their future, you're going to lose them.

11. The Caring Company

Current Employee - Finance in Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Finance in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

IGS Energy not only cares about their own, but they also care about the community. Just this past weekend we sponsored the Buddy Walk to celebrate Down Syndrome Awareness Month in October and to promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome. Not only did the company sponsor the event, but many employees and executives participated in the event. One of the participants included our President, Scott White. I must say, I don't know of many corporate sponsors where the president of the company is front and center for the event. IGS cares so much about investing in the community, they even recently hired a Director of Community Investments. This person will help us continue to find charities where we can continue to make a difference in people's lives. Overall, I love this company and everything it stands for. I would definitely recommend IGS Energy as your career home.

Cons

The only thing I would say about work life at IGS, is that the department to department communication can still be improved upon. I have been here 4 year years and the communication has come along way! One of our company values is "continuous improvement", so as long as we continue to improve, we will be ok.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and keep encouraging us to be better versions of ourselves. We thank you for all of your support!

IGS Energy Photos