IGS Energy Reviews

Updated 26 August, 2014
Updated 26 August, 2014
3.8

Scott White

This company has all of the above

Current Employee - Quality Analyst  in  Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been here for seven years and have noticed vast improvements in the company. The executive team spends a ton of time and effort into helping employees grow and acknowledging their value. The work/life balance and benefits are well above par. The atmosphere is clean, fun, and resembles a "Google of Dublin". We take pride in our LEED certification as well as our growth in the CNG market. We enjoy what we do and our customers truly appreciate the service that we offer.

Cons

As a growing company, the pace can be a rather difficult to keep up with which adds stress, but those challenges can also be exciting.

Stay focused on what our current goals are. Keep recognizing the value of our employees. We truly appreciate it. Never look back.

Progressive and exciting company to work for

Current Employee - Developer  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Developer in Columbus, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The environment and the culture are amazing!

Cons

The speed of the company is difficult at times

Slow it down!

iT WAS VERY GOOD!!

Former Employee - Home Energy Sales
    Former Employee - Home Energy Sales

I worked at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

They took the time to train you about the product you were selling. Pay. Benefits.

Cons

This was a sales job, and even though they took the time to work with everyone individually, it felt like you didn't always get the feedback you needed.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Best Place to Work

Current Employee - Commercial & Industrial Sales  in  Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Commercial & Industrial Sales in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Collaborative environment, young and team-oriented culture, great market opportunity, understanding and supportive leadership, excellent and competitive compensation, opportunities to advance and grow personally and professionally, positive market outlook, friendly coworkers, willing to work with you no matter what

Cons

General negative attitude toward commodities in sales, the industry can be a bit dull if you're not that interested in energy

Keep doing what you're doing!

Growing company/industry, strong vision from leadership, great culture.

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Access to all levels of the company inside and outside of the building
    - Leadership trusts and empowers the right people to drive projects/changes
    - Long-term vision of CEO/Exec team is exciting - this company will continue to change industry
    - Fun and exciting culture - surrounded by great people all day. I feel energized every time I walk to the building.

Cons

- Growing very quickly creates uncertainty for many people

We need to follow through 100% on ideas we have committed to; we have a lot going on in the building right now and resources are stretched thin. I love how fast things move, but we need to make sure we are allocating resources promised.

Great potential in market and career.

Current Employee - Inside Sales  in  Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work Life balance good, they value physical fitness

Cons

bunch of 24 year old girls running entire marketing department

look at the experience you have currently employed

Energy Broker

Former Employee - Energy Broker  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Energy Broker in Cleveland, OH (US)

I worked at IGS Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Meeting new and interesting people.

Cons

Commission based. Long work hours.

Employees needs are important.

Private organization at its finest.

Former Employee - Sales  in  Dublin, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Dublin, OH (US)

I worked at IGS Energy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent management, pay, office culture, and company values. Doesn't matter what field you're in, you would love to work it with IGS.

Cons

Limited job advancement opportunities. Once you find your niche and you are successful, you will probably be doing that role for a while. Most of management is young and isn't going anywhere soon.

Greatest place to work if you are interested in this industry. This company is in it for the long haul so if that fits what you're looking for, great.

Activity will be the only way you can make quota... lots of activity!

Current Employee - Home Energy Consultant  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

I like jobs that make me feel like I am making an impact on society. Bottom line- This Country was built on the beliefs of having choice and the capitalistic business model. IGS is a company that believes in serving its customers in the best way possible. Deregulated energy is one of the newbies in the American marketplace and is a very tough sale (not to mention what happened when the telecom industry was deregulated). No need to digress here. IGS promotes good energy... green energy and being responsible users of energy. Who could not like the great slogan of "an energy independent US!" I do wish we all had the means to build better solar panels, wind turbines, and heat producing worm farms (at least until liquid thorium flouride or MIT's new electric generation wonder comes on line). For now we must be ever conscious of the lowest rates from the least corrupt type of supply- right! or figure a way to use less of what's being produced into the GRID". What happens to the energy that's left in the grid? Will we have more energy reserves? An intagible product like energy/even natural gas IS somewhat a hard sell because of the govt regulations and possession of how it "flows". Now that Einstein's theory of relativity is not so much of a theory and "unification" seems to be on the horizon... a new era of "the power of tomorrow" may become reality?

Cons

Brainiacs and forcasters in Dublin need to do a better job of offering rates where utility users really can see a savings on their 1st bill after the sign up. Systems- Mac is a great company, but the use of the ipad air needs much more work. Telling HEC's that customer service is important but not having any type of CRM is "hogwash". If more money is coming from FERC or PUCO (Feds) it should be distributed fairly to the real workers- not the seedy sales smooth talkers *be aware!

Watch out for the sale gurus" that sweet talk you into hiring them. They are artist at making things sound better than they really are. Semantics, or should I say better semantics, are not going to be the answer to pitching the products on American consumers (yes, peeps in West VA, Ohio/Pennsylvania/Maryland, etc. are Americans). It is what it is, A BILL (not one of those on Capital Hill) and folk's hate seeing them in the P.O.? Mail Boxes.
    Fuel Rewards is a great idea- keep it going! If we can't save people money... let's come up with a good reason to choose IGS Energy. Something better than just "price protection"?

Working Man's Workman

Current Employee - Energy Broker  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Energy Broker in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to meet new people.

Cons

Commissioned based. You don't work, you don't make money.

Manage like you would liked to be managed.

Worked for IGS Energy? Contribute to the Community!