Huntress Group Reviews

18 reviews filtered by
3.9
Chris Leeson

1. Fantastic company!

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, brilliant people, fabulous incentives! I would recommend anybody with a passion for sales to work here. I am so sad to leave and would love to return when I am back from my travels!

Cons

My team is great, no cons!

Not the right job for me, but a very good company.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Successful and ambitious company
    - Very driven CEO and senior management
    - Really liked my team members
    - Good initial training
    - Not as 'cut-throat' as many other agencies
    - Exciting times ahead it seems!

Sad to be leaving

Cons

- 360 recruitment isn't for me
    - Upheaval in my team (Bad timing, not the companies fault)
    - Some of the senior management have their favourites, and make this very obvious. (This is the case at any company I'm sure)

Advice to Management

None!

3. Temporary assignment at Huntress- London

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Huntress Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Never worked in a company where you go up and ring a bell for every success you make (no matter how big or small) and the whole floor stands up, stops whatever they are doing and genuinely applauds you. My favourite thing ever!
    Amazing colleagues- very down to earth, friendly and are always willing to help you.
    Opportunity to work with some very high profile clients.
    Great management- managers/directors are always willing to get stuck and help whenever needed.
    Fund raising- the organisation is always doing something to support charities and raise money/awareness for important causes.
    Although a work/life balance is quite difficult to maintain due to the long working hours, Huntress does actively encourage an end of week down-time with company sponsored beverages!
    Communication within the organisation is excellent with an innovative, fresh, modern portal.

Cons

Difficult to maintain a work/life balance due to the long hours. But this can be expected within recruitment and the organisation just rolled out a new initiative, where you can leave early one day a week.

5. Brilliant company, sad I’m leaving.

I have been working at Huntress Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved my co-workers and the branch manager. Couldn’t get a better team environment. All the team support each other and recognise each others achievements. They encourage progression within the business and value their employees.

Cons

Training is not role specific and may put people outside their comfort zone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Working with Huntress has been a great experience and has expanded my Commercial knowledge in local market.

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Exeter, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Exeter, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would say the best thing about working for Huntress was being in charge of my own desk and having the ability to create my own success.

Cons

I felt that I would have benefited from a more structured training plan to achieve greater results and to help me develop as a consultant.

Advice to Management

One thing I would change would be as mentioned above, is to have a structured training program in place for new and existing Consultants.

Headed for greatness

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The CEO, who has only been with the Huntress for 9 months, is proof that a successful business is a result of strong leadership. The company really has had a resurrection since he joined in March and the culture of the business as a whole is almost unrecognisable - for the better! Collaboration drives everything now and people are genuinely ecstatic for each others' successes. There's a lot of talent in the company and I think they've found a great way to harness it. You're supported by friendly people who are egging you on to do well.

They've rolled out a new extensive training scheme and a new 'career pathway' for 2015 so there's now a clear way to steer your career in the business. They're really trying to offer a career not a job, you can think about long-term goals with the business rather than staying for a year and moving on.

Cons

I think the maternity and paternity leave is pretty basic, but I hear they're looking to improve this in 2015.

Advice to Management

The only way is up! Keep doing what you're doing and I look forward to seeing the success of the business in years to come.

8. Everybody needs to experience a life at Huntress Group, because once you do you would not want to work any where else!!!

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with great vision, values, countless opportunities and prospects. I have worked for different organisations in my time and from the first call that I received from a lovely and professional Huntress Consultant about my current role, through to my interviews and the welcome that I received from everyone in all divisions, teams and branches at Huntress I received nothing but a welcoming and supportive response. This was all the way from the CEO, the Directors and all members of the staff. I knew I had made the right choice in accepting this offer and have had no regrets about turning down the others. There are great opportunities for progression here with continues recognition by senior members of staff and everyone else. Reward and Recognition is accessible to everyone. With an open door policy, the CEO and Directors are really open to suggestions and feedback from their staff and they recognise when change may be needed. The development and success of their staff is very much at the heart of Huntress and it is shown daily by the 5 Values that is followed by everyone at any level within this organisation. The Corporate support teams are the essential part of the business, supporting the business in every aspect possible. It is full of amazing people, which their years of service at Huntress Group speaks for itself. It doesn’t matter which team you are from, everyone is willing to help one another out and with the introduction of the CSR teams has brought people from different teams closer whilst they organise some great activies for some amazing causes. Its great to see a company wher by the Board of Directors has such a huge focus on their employees, because I believe that every company has room for better improvements and growth to be even more successful, but to recognise this and actually invest so much in its people is not something that you see every day. However, Huntress Group is an exception in this area. If you are looking for career progression, really friendly atmospheres with great team work ethics, opportunity for development, transparency and weekly updates to the whole business, earn great money, have lots of fun and make some great friends while you do all of this, then you need to come and experience it for yourself at Huntress Group.…. I promise you will not regret it!!

Cons

We have some good company benefits available to staff, but they need updating. They can be much greater so that they stand out within the bigger market. I know this is already in progress and is in discussion with changes due to be signed off and introduced in the new year. So I am looking forward to seeing these signed off and announced to the company.

Advice to Management

Continue with the changes that you have implemented and continue to recognise and reward the employees both in your sales and corporate divisions. keep up with the tranparency and consistancy, this is very important. You have some amazinng people with great passion, team ethics and values. This can't be achieved by just one person or a small group of people, so lets all work together to main this and help Huntress grow for the success of the business, our reputation within the market and for the employees personal growth and development.

9. Love this company and will be very sad to say goodbye!

Former Employee - Recruitment Resourcer in Epsom, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Resourcer in Epsom, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Huntress has seen a great deal of change in the last year, which has certainly been for the better! The company has aligned themselves solidly in the market place with a clear vision, set of values and a sparkly new training programme. As a whole the company has come together under a common agenda, Jostle and our quarterly presentations keep us all updated and recognition is given to people who make a positive impact within the workplace (not just those who bring in the most pennies!)

Huntress are serious about investing in their staff, by providing comprehensive support from the corporate departments, training and the more than approachable senior management as well as the MD and CEO; all who take a keen interest in individual employees from the top billers to the administrators at branch level.

Progression for consultants is clear, the standardised career pathways allows for a transparent understanding of what is expected in order to develop and move up the ladder. Incentives and prizes are available to all, and those who contribute positively to the company are certainly recognised.

Huntress has a growing reputation and is certainly known in our local area as an agency that invests in their candidates and their clients; many coming to us by recommendation. And it is only going to get better next year!

Cons

The reason for me leaving is due to wanting to progress and develop my own career, and although this is evident for the consultants, it hasn't been so much for the administration/ resource support. However, to all employees at Huntress a list of internal vacancies is circulated weekly and a dedicated Talent Acquisition Manager is available to seek advice from confidentially. This is certainly not a company that would wish to stunt any employees opportunity for development!

Other than that absolutely nothing!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, it is such lovely feeling to know that you are valued within a company, so please keep that up! It is obvious to see the change in morale and outlook over the last year, and things are only going to get better for you all. I wish the company the best of luck!

10. A very supportive & solid business, that enables individuals to learn and excel within a professional environment!

Former Employee - Consultant - Business Support, West End Team in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At Huntress, you are exposed to some fantastic clients and are able to work autonomously, within a supportive network of people. It is a great place to learn and establish yourself within the recruitment arena.

Cons

I don't have any cons to state, it's a great company to work for.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice for management, i have felt supported throughout my time here.

11. Fabulous new training programme, great to be back!

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress Group full-time

Pros

I worked for Huntress 2.5 years ago and what I have noticed is that there has been a massive change in the company culture. Before, it was quite a competitive and cut-throat atmosphere and there was an overwhelming pressure to hit targets and make lots of commission.

Now that I have returned, things have certainly changed for the better. All the consultants are now on the same sales floor, so there is more of a cohesive business culture, and the atmosphere is much less pressurized. The consultants are friendly and supportive of each other and there is much more of a customer service focus to the way they work, rather than an overly pushy sales approach.

What is really exciting is the new training programme they have introduced. Rather than being thrown in at the deep end, new employees benefit from a 13 week ‘Route to Success’ course which introduces them to the way things work at Huntress and supports them from the outset.

Everything just seems more tailored to helping the consultants get the most from their career, and in turn makes Huntress a nicer place to work.

Cons

There have been a lot of improvements and I can see the company shaping up to be a great place to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep living the new values. It is definitely making a difference!