Huntress Group

Updated 20 November, 2014
Updated 20 November, 2014
2.5

Chris Leeson

An excellent Company with strong values and a bright future!

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Epsom, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Epsom, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for Huntress Group for 3 years and loved every minute of it! The culture is very 'work hard, play hard' and my colleagues / management have always made it an enjoyable place to work. The new CEO is a true inspiration and I expect to hear good things about Huntress Group over the next few years, making them a real contender within the Recruitment industry. I would highly recommend Huntress Group as an employer.

Cons

There was not a great training scheme when I started in 2010, but this has now been rectified and there is a new training and development programme in place making it a great Company to start your recruitment career for anyone interested in getting into the industry!

Just to continue to make the improvements within the organisation to attract and retain the best staff so that they can look forward to coming into work everyday just as much as I have!

Fabulous new training programme, great to be back!

I have been working at Huntress Group full-time

Pros

I worked for Huntress 2.5 years ago and what I have noticed is that there has been a massive change in the company culture. Before, it was quite a competitive and cut-throat atmosphere and there was an overwhelming pressure to hit targets and make lots of commission.

Now that I have returned, things have certainly changed for the better. All the consultants are now on the same sales floor, so there is more of a cohesive business culture, and the atmosphere is much less pressurized. The consultants are friendly and supportive of each other and there is much more of a customer service focus to the way they work, rather than an overly pushy sales approach.

What is really exciting is the new training programme they have introduced. Rather than being thrown in at the deep end, new employees benefit from a 13 week ‘Route to Success’ course which introduces them to the way things work at Huntress and supports them from the outset.

Everything just seems more tailored to helping the consultants get the most from their career, and in turn makes Huntress a nicer place to work.

Cons

There have been a lot of improvements and I can see the company shaping up to be a great place to succeed.

Keep living the new values. It is definitely making a difference!

8 Great Years of Employment

Former Employee - Senior Business Support in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Business Support in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Huntress Group, has a great social aspect to working with the company and a great sense of belonging. Challenging, fast-paced environment but a great balance of work hard and play hard.

Cons

There was quite a lot of Senior management changes over the years, which always posses a challenge but I do believe now with the new CEO this will stabilise and only improve.

Ensure that the company values are always followed through as they are great and very motivating.

Hard work but good fun and great people.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really good social atmosphere, given freedom to do your own work, but in a structured environment. Great training and nice managers.

Cons

Dated recruitment technology and oddly info is not shared across the company. Apparently this is being fixed next year though.

Work together as a group, more commission would always be nice.

Huntress Group Response

Oct 6, 2014Marketing Executive

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Huntress Group. We welcome all types of feedback, especially since we have entered an exciting period of change under the management and guidance of ... More

consultant

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

difficult to find many; good initial training, good training manager

Cons

firstly the time with initial training is sporadic at best and alot of the good ideas given to you are impossible to implement with the jealous managers who want you to fit their mould. very much a hire and fire culture 6/8 people i started work with are not working there 4 months down the line. very much kpi driven no freedom to work things out for yourself. worst is the thresholds, have a vivid recollection of a consultant asking another what they would do with the bonus from the job they just 'banged up', the reply was nothing as they didn't reach the threshold. i saw this same consultant working passed half 8 for over a week to get to that placement and she had been working in the company for over a year. very simple if you have the desire to be in recruitment work in an up and coming company like the one I'm with now if you have been in both the difference is unbelievable, do your research and stay away from huntress.

go on management courses or quit

Like any other sales company

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Independent job, if you do it very very well.
    - Uni-style friday nights, with more suits.
    - Meet/talk to lots of new people.

Cons

- Money-orientated sales environment.
    - You're seen for the money you make, and micromanaged down to your daily stats.

Look at the bigger picture of your employees, instead of picking at the pointless details, LISTEN to them.

A company that could and should do much better.

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company was formerly very entrepreneurial, however this spirit has been lost in recent months. The location of the office is superb.

Cons

Senior Management have recently left. Promises are rarely kept. A company that lacks clear direction and focus. e.g. two offices recently closing. the company rarely keeps its high achievers and often hires mediocre staff.

honesty, more focus and direction, and consistency.

efinite pro's and cons - I've seen a lot worse

Former Employee - Recruitment in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

heavy focus on training & development, fast to promote and provide opportunities for personal growth, very hands on management style, lots of longevity

Cons

Finger pointing, scape goating culture when things go wrong, managers definitely play favourites - lack of consistency in decision making

Poor management and senior management seem oblivious

I worked at Huntress Group full-time

Pros

Good back office support, good admin support. Good basic and commission structure.

Cons

Management seem to have a lack of respect for work/life balance, didn't lead by example and I felt created stressful situations that didn't need to be created. When I left not in a positive way (due to the terrible management I was suffering) I was shunned and although I hit all my targets and did budget in Q1 and Q2 they refused to pay my commission.

Learn to be more professional, lead by example and respect your staffs work/life balance especially when they are all ready hitting targets!