Humana

Humana Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Humana President and CEO Bruce D. Broussard

Bruce D. Broussard

Pros
  • work from home opportunities and can grow from within when others leave(in 41 reviews)

• many fantastic internal opportunities for current employees; enjoy the work-life balance(in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Sad that a health insurance company does not take car of its own employees(in 40 reviews)

• Work/life balance can be a little hard to maintain(in 17 reviews)

Sr.Informatica Developer

Informatica Developer (Current Employee) Louisville, KY (US)

ProsThe best company in the world

ConsThe best company in the world

Advice to Senior ManagementThe best company in the world

Humana has been a breath of fresh air!

Direct Marketing Services Sales Associate (Current Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsGreat Pay, Benefits, Perks, Management,and commitment to their Employees

ConsHave to be able to learn independently and be pro-active. Better medical benefits for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimply Love where Humana is and I am excited on where we are going!!!!

The best Fortune 500 company I have worked for.

ProsThey are flexible, offer a great benefit package and treat their employees well.

ConsOne of the cons is that it may be difficult to move around at first, but once you get to know people it gets easier.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your entry-level employees more

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A well thought and run health insurance company with a game changer mindset

ProsFlexible employer with friendly work-place backed up by encouraging management. Very good corporate culture to instill new ideas and innovation, excellent Technology transformation initiatives backed up with diversified workforce.

ConsHealth insurance benefits offered to its own employees could be definitely better. It is a surprise to find such high dollar deductible plans offered to its own employees by a Health insurance giant.

One of the areas better employers in my opinion.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Louisville, KY (US)

ProsA wide variety of positions with varying workloads, work/life situations, and responsibilities. Transfers from role to role are accepted by management as growth opportunities. The company has good leadership at the top level. Humana is well positioned in the market at this time to flexible with the changing industry.

ConsHumana is trying very hard to pull all the pieces of the company into the future. There are inevitable challenges with technology compatibility, and personnel during fast paced change that some departments will handle better than others.

Great work-life balance!

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Louisville, KY (US)

ProsGreat company that understand your need for a good work-life balance.

ConsSometimes corporate politics slow down innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead The Lean Startup and empower teams through horizontal management structures.

Awesome company to work for

Business Consultant (Current Employee) Louisville, KY (US)

ProsThe employees are friendly. The pay is also very competitive. You will make friends at Humana. My supervisor is very friendly and very intelligent.

ConsYou will have to work hard to do well. They don't like slackers. That being said, if you work hard, you will be rewarded.

Great learning experience

Administrative Service Coordinator (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM (US)

ProsGreat benefits, people are nice

ConsNot many opportunities for advancement

Great company, wrong group.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Louisville, KY (US)

ProsBenefits and compensation are okay. Opportunity to meet and work with a lot of talented and intelligent people. Promotion of Wellness program

ConsIf you're in the right group, it can be great. If not, you'll see levels of incompetence and lack of support all around you.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate mid-senior level managers on their adherence to core values.

Some room for growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswork from home opportunities and can grow from within when others leave

Consnot professional environment, re-structure of management made 80-90% of the teams leave the company

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!