Hudson Group

Joseph (Joe) DiDomizio

Would never recommend

Supervisor (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Hudson Group part-time for less than a year

ProsFellow employees and even customers would always make the work day a bit easier. Pay wasn't the worst but it also could've been better.

ConsUpper management. As a outside hire for supervisor, several of our managers seemed to have it out for me just on the basis of someone that would kiss up to them didn't get promoted and I got the job instead.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like human beings.

Disappointing to say the least ; Highly UNETHICAL company... MGMT has none of the values that Domizio says to have....

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Hudson Group full-time for more than a year

Proshad gratifying customer service memories. Great and respectable international customers all around.

easy to do job if you are great with customer service.

Consno real growth advancement opportunities. no recognition at all from management if you're doing a great job.

pay is BAD; Management and HR are very dishonest.

You have to initiate into a union .. it is a thing they DO not tell you . benefits are given after 6 months..

managers are NOT professional .. degrading employees.

Advice to Senior Managementdo not LIE to your employees; they will find out how wrong you did them. Illogical to have dissatisfied employees.

make incentives in order to promote a higher degree of employee satisfaction

hire managers that are reputable to where they actually LEAD a team.

Good pay but disrespectful co-workers

Specialty Retail Associate (Former Employee)
Queens Village, NY (US)

I worked at Hudson Group full-time for less than a year

ProsThe pay is good for retail.

ConsEveryone has an attitude, especially the sales associates. You don't do anything but stand all day and everyone is so bored that they just gossip and bad mouth everyone in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe sales associates are rude and disrespectful to new co workers. They encourage each other to talk back to supervisors and even the supervisors steal from the company on overages from the register.

Amazing company with tons of potential

Senior Executive (Former Employee)
East Rutherford, NJ (US)

I worked at Hudson Group full-time for more than 10 years

ProsTravel, challenges, a good place for employees that live to work and have no life outside of what they do for a living.

ConsFinger pointing by senior execs. If something goes wrong, they attribute it to someone who had nothing to do with the problem to get the heat off themselves. Diversionary tactics to make them look like they are being proactive in protecting the company against lone individuals who are actually following the rules and have the company's best interest at heart. President is surrounded by ego maniacs who are more concerned with covering their collective asses than improving and protecting the organization. There are a few outstanding top execs. However a few rotten apples have been stinking up the place for a very long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a long hard look at those around you, and regardless of personal relationships, clean your house for your future and the future growth of the company. Those that have done harm time and time again are not a good reflection on your ability to select top management. Hold close to the senior executives and managers that would bleed Hudson blue for you and who have worked their hearts out for you. Don't be so easily influenced by the folks closest to you as all many of them are concerned with is riding your coat tails wherever you take them. Weed out the overblown egos, while their numbers might look good, someone who actually cares about the company could produce a better bottom line and employees from the top down would be much happier working for your organization. Get rid of divisions, and function as one group. Note the "challenges and opportunities "you attributed to former employees continue today, and in future, get to the root before deciding to cast people out. Everyone that surrounds you should be as passionate and as committed as you are and should be equally as outstanding.

After Swiss Dufry bought Hudson Group company become prospective for everybody who want to have an international career

Operations (Current Employee)
Jf Kennedy Ap, NY (US)

I have been working at Hudson Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHuge sales turnover force you to be highly efficient and gives you amazing work experience (if you are young employee and willing to climb up the ladder).

ConsStill "manually" run operation with overpaid mid-management who is mostly on high School education level. Their limited management possibility slow up the whole development process and create high volume employee turnover which is HR nightmsre. Only great store performance, caused mostly with superb travel retail store positioning on the airports, and not existing real competition on US market, keep whole company going.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart to hire professional and experience people and pay them upon same pre-defined pay grades and results and not upon personal relationship with upper management to move to next, more corporate level of organization.

Not a bad job if you don't have many skills, but don't expect much room for advancement

Specialty Retail Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Hudson Group full-time for less than a year

ProsHigher pay than other retail settings.

ConsBoring job, poor planning by upper management, hours were cut drastically without notice.

Litigation Support Attorney

Attorney (Current Employee)
Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Hudson Group as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsAn International company with offices in various states

ConsThe company offers various temporary employment

Bullies and Misogynist

East Rutherford, NJ (US)

I have been working at Hudson Group full-time for more than 8 years

ProsPeers are fun to work with. Many employees work for the company for many years.

ConsExecutives don't have a clue. They are bullies, communication is at 3rd grade level, they lie constantly, contradict themselves and policy, no strategic plan, and they lack education and professional development. In addition, there are almost no women at the VP level. No opportunity for promotions unless you're a man.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire 90% of the top executive team. Apply all of the information that is taught at the annual conference to leadership practices, and if VP's violate, take action. Treat your employees with respect ALL of the time, not just for show. All employees should get first dibs on job openings. There should be ongoing department training and an employee pipeline program for promotions.

Anonymous Sales Associate

Specialty Retail Associate (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Hudson Group full-time for less than a year

ProsHigher pay than most retail jobs.

ConsDIsorganized, no room for advancement, was hired as a full-time associate but only getting part-time hours.

Disgusting Culture and Values

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Jf Kennedy Ap, NY (US)

I worked at Hudson Group full-time for less than a year

Prosif you have no life or family youll have tons of hours to keep you busy

Conshaving to be scared about your job security with made up rules and tyrant managers in power. Everyday you have to work in fear because of people with insecurities they have about themselves taking it out on you can if your not white or Indian there is no place for you in this company at JFK

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more humane you are just a number as well

Worked for Hudson Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hudson Group reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Hudson Group CEO Joseph (Joe) DiDomizio. All 30 reviews are posted anonymously by Hudson Group employees.