Hostess Brands

www.hostessbrands.com

Hostess Brands Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Hostess Brands – US – “My bakery”

Hostess Brands – US – “My bakery”

Hostess Brands President & CEO Gregory F. Rayburn

Gregory F. Rayburn

Pros
  • good pay but over the years continue to decline (in 11 reviews)

• About only pro is that the company does provide good benefits (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • poorly ran company from upper management (in 10 reviews)

• Long hours and dealing with a lot of people who maybe shouldn't have been placed in a position of authority (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Outstanding oportunity for sales experience

District Sales Manager (Former Employee) Macon, GA (US)

Proscompetetive salary, easy work schedule

Consworn equipment, reduced base pay

Advice to Senior Managementnew equipment, reinstate base pay

I enjoyed my employment at Hostess Brands

Computer Room Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) Billings, MT (US)

ProsGood people to work with. I enjoyed my position as the Computer Room Accounting Clerk that was responsible for the daily bake at our Billings Sweetheart Plant. My work entailed data entry of orders from the retail stores, routes, and sales personnel daily, printing of computer reports of last nights activity, ordering product from our Sister plants and outside vendors, and printing & distribution to production the load & trailer sheets for the product to be produced that day.
    Enjoyable local management personnel.

ConsVery high paced position with lots of time management constraints. Some last minute changes may throw the bake off schedule. Loss of employees when Hostess Brands started to show signs that the company would liquidate.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish the upper management could have kept this business afloat and made the necessary monetary concessions to do so. I wish the upper management had kept their promises of improving the infrastructure of the company's plants and had been truthful in their communication with the unions. There was too much money paid to the upper management that stayed through the liquidation that could have been used to save the company in a more productive way.

Constant changing of the guard and business plan

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsIconic Brands,Great Benefits and good pay

ConsTerrible business plan, Had gone thru 2 bankrupcies and 4 CEOs in 7years

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace old and outdated equipment (Delivery trucks,bread racks etc)Hold District managers accountable

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What a roller coaster!!

District Sales Manager (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsBefore they bought Wonder in the 90's IBC was a GREAT place to work.

ConsThe Company Liquidated in 2012

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management should have listened to the employees in the field.

a good job with good pay

Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA (US)

Prosif you work hard it can be very good pay, i made 75k in 2012 early hours my avg. was 2am - 1pm but i enjoyed being home early. also i had a good supv

Conssome may not like the hours and if you got a bad supv. it could be difficult

Advice to Senior Managementlack of quality and experience in upper mgmt. killed the business

12 years for what?

Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsPay was good. Some great employees over the years.

ConsRacism, lack of direction, lies from management

Advice to Senior Managementdoesn't matter anymore they are closed.

Welcome to Hostess Brands, were we don't care about your problems

Loader (Former Employee) Roscoe, IL (US)

ProsGreat pay, free products, decent working conditions, great bosses ( at certain depots ) really enjoyed the my coworker. Mostly hassle free management. Union job helped out allot. Allot of free time after the trucks are loaded. Depot management was awesome with letting you work over time and taking home product that was over ordered. you could smoke in the building

ConsAllot of older drivers who were very set in there ways on how things should have been done. Surprise visits from the higher ups at any given time. No radio's in the warehouse, had to bring my own. Had to bring your own back brace or anything that would make your job easier.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't like about what is going on in the company.

bad company does not care about you

Production Supervisor (Former Employee) Schiller Park, IL (US)

Prosthe people were good and caring

Conscompany does not care about you

Advice to Senior Managementchange your way you do business

Dictatorial, disrespectful, archaic, good ol'boy managment drove hourlies to the union instead of drawing them away.

Production Manager (Former Employee) Memphis, TN (US)

ProsTo work to improve the culture and make a difference in the management team.

ConsAny improvement attempted is fought at all levels and departments to keep the status quo for fear of raising the bar and possibly the performance expectations.
    Extremely low integrity among management. Very low accountability for those not performing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop expecting the same people who put the company in the position it's in to do any different than they've done since years before the last bankruptcy.
    Stop trying to turn the company around with the same people who drove it into the ditch in the first place. It wasn't the union. It was supervision all the way through EVPs that did this.

Wonder Bread

Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) Hodgkins, IL (US)

ProsGood wages and benefits. Lots of overtime available.

ConsNo opportunity for any advancement or promotion

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more appreciation to your employers.

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!