Hostess Brands

www.hostessbrands.com

Hostess Brands Reviews

Updated Jun 13, 2014
Hostess Brands – US – “My bakery”

Hostess Brands President & CEO Gregory F. Rayburn

Gregory F. Rayburn

Pros
  • good pay but over the years continue to decline(in 11 reviews)

• About only pro is that the company does provide good benefits(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • poorly ran company from upper management(in 10 reviews)

• Long hours and dealing with a lot of people who maybe shouldn't have been placed in a position of authority(in 9 reviews)

Upper level Management killed the company!

Route Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsIndependence, my customers, the pay (before we were cut back twice).

ConsUpper level mangagement all the way up to the CEO. WHAT A BUNCH OF CROOKS!!!!! I really wish someone from 60 minutes or Crimestoppers would do a thorough investigation into the actions of this company. What a major scandel!!!! They probably were in cahoots with the union as well. And to tell us half way through the day on Friday November 16th that we need to empty off our trucks and not return to work - what a shallow bunch they are! Honestly, how could a company have over 2 billion in sales and loose MILLIONS each year, I guarantee you one thing, they sure as hell didn't share it with the employees!

Advice to Senior ManagementWell, I guess you won. You got your money and can move on. As for the rest of us hard working dependable employees you dumped on the street, I pray for each and everyone of them and their families, no matter what job we get won't be as awful as this one. Thanks.

Failing Company with poor union contracts and poor management.

ProsBenefits are good and work schedule is flexible. I'm not sure anyone would want to work for this company in the future.

ConsCompany is failing and not profitable. I'm not sure anyone would want to work for this company in the future.

do not work here,unfair

Driver (Current Employee) La Crosse, WI (US)

Proswork by your self
    no fun,use to be good pay

Conslots of hours,first start out 70 ours a week

Advice to Senior Managementnone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

satisfying

District Sales Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

Prossteady work all the time

Consmany long hours and days

Going down the toilet

RSP (Current Employee) Mankato, MN (US)

ProsMy customers are the only good things. Pretty much left alone unless there is a problem. Pay is OK except it's not what it use to be

ConsNo support. The management don't have any real knowledge of the business. The manage feels that they can run everything from behind the desk

Advice to Senior ManagementSome one needs to be in direct contact with store management . The rsp doesn't have the time to stand around.

What a Joke

Inside Worker (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsIt was a good job before they took nearly 1/4th of the salary away Depends on what position you have for how many hours you work. Inside workers are 40/45, route sales are 60+

ConsPoor management. Use of cardboard that is thrown away after one use; there is money for that, but not to pay your workers. real nice. Terrible hours, wage reductions do not make me wanna work any harder

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a manager, do not run routes. Your job is to manage people and sell our brand. Not be vacation relief

Company is outdated. More investment is needed to the front lines and bakeries to succeed!

District Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat brands!!! The company has the right pieces to be a success!!

ConsThe DSM job is over worked, too many items on their plate

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people so DSMs are able to sell and do more to impact the bottom line.

hostess brands

Finishing (Current Employee) Emporia, KS (US)

Prosright now you get 40 hrs and overtime and paid vacations

Consthey took our pension and is in bankruptcy

Run as fast as you can for this company

RSR (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsNone that I can think of. Pays ok, but they are cutting that, benefits were good, but they are cutting those also.

ConsTo many to list,
    Long Long thankless hours, split days (nights) off, working weekends, no life/work balance at all.
    Lazy, incompetent managers that hide in the office and send emails.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some management that can actually do the job, sell the company to someone else

Machine Operator

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you look to work long hours .... this is the place

ConsRotating schedule throughout the day

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!