Host Hotels & Resorts

Add Photos

Host Hotels & Resorts President, CEO, and Director Ed Walter

Ed Walter

Amazing Benefits

Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Host Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

ProsElizabeth Arden discount, Marriott hotels discount, annual bonus for for administrative assistants, Employee Stock Program, Discretionary ADDITIONAL 401K match (w/ board approval), $15K annual tuition reimbursement; annual company picnic geared towards children; denim Fridays; community service oriented

Conssmall company so growth is limited and turnover is low; promotions require Work/ Life imbalance (typical hours are 8 am to 6 pm);

Great company

Construction Analyst (Current Employee)
Bethesda, MD (US)

I have been working at Host Hotels & Resorts as a contractor for less than a year

Pros- Good communication
- Great coworkers
- Excellent facilities

Cons- Hard to get a fulltime job

Great Company, Management in my department wasn't that great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Host Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

ProsYou do get to meet and work with some great and demanding people. Clean upscale work environment. Easy access to the company from the entire DC region. Mr. Marriott is very easy going and had some great Christmas parties. Plenty of work and not sitting around wondering where is the work.

ConsPay was very small especially for this area and amount of work I did for them. I started working here after several years out of work due to the recession. I knew not to take this position because I didn't like the manager during the interview, but was desperate for a job and pushed into it by family members. The employees and manager had also told me about all the prior people working at this position that never stayed or were fired. Since my dismissal, they have gone through numerous employees and still cannot find someone ideal to work with them.

I had to deal with a manager that blamed all of her problems on her employees when she was the one creating the problems, was constantly in to work late and left early and only worked 3 or 4 days at the company a week. I look back and realize some of the things she did not do or had created problems with is actually quite funny, I realize how much better off I am now that I don't have to deal with her anymore.

Many, many times I was left to do a certain amount of work that was meant for 3 people. One small complaint from an employee about me being late for their appointment or anything else turned big with my manager even though I may have still been working with a VP or CEO on an issue and keeping from making it to the other problem. Department Christmas party was extremely embarrassing, management literally got drunk and was singing and such in a very well known restaurant while a few of us were sitting there wondering how much more time do we need to be there.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing let go from this company was the best thing that could have happened to me by them. For a while I thought I could make a career with them. Since that period of time, I've found how much better other areas or businesses are as compared to Host. Better benefits, respect, health care, You have to look hard, but Host Health Care is not a cost effective and good service, it has many flaws in it. Management, you have your work cut out for you and I'm glad I'm not going to be a part of the fix

Host Hotes Values Its Associates

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Host Hotels & Resorts

ProsHost Hotels & Resorts is the best job I've ever had in my nearly 20 years in the workforce. They have benefits above and beyond anything I've seen before, including excellent health benefits, hotel discounts, a wonderful 401K program with matching funds, and a stock purchase program, which allows employees to buy stock at a discounted price. The camaderie at Host is amazing. Senior management treats everyone as equal and valuable. I always feel valued. Host also makes the workplace fun with regular gatherings, called Connections, to allow associates in different departments a chance to interact and network. Host is all about respecting and valuing the employees/associates. I never felt so valued as an employee before.

ConsI really can't think of any.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Worked for Host Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Host Hotels & Resorts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Host Hotels & Resorts CEO Ed Walter. All reviews posted anonymously by Host Hotels & Resorts employees.