Honeywell

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.2 1,626 reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote

David M. Cote

Pros
  • Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though) (in 125 reviews)

• Work environment is not very stressful and mostly you can choose your own projects (in 73 reviews)

Cons
  • Benefits, perks and work life balance have been slipping last few years (in 44 reviews)

• upper management doesn't involve itself in employee betterment (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights
1,626 Employee Reviews

excellent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswork culture, flexible timing, great brand

Conssalary, no good training, leave

Advice to Senior Managementplease take care of employees salaries

Great Company

Engineer (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsTotal compensation is impressive for a large company.

ConsSilo'd business units don't allow for collaboration

Lead Test Engineer

Lead Test Engineer (Former Employee) Torrance, CA (US)

ProsVery professional and Technical oriented company. Quality procedures are well established. Management treated employee without any partiality.

ConsNeed to be prepared for extended and weekend work hours.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not The Same As AlliedSIgnal

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWhen it was AlliedSignal, training was second to none. They paid their employees for new ideas, work performed and provided a very productive work environment. AlliedSignal actually encouraged Six Sigma.

ConsThe culture changed after it became Honeywell

Excellent work environment

Assembler (Former Employee) Olathe, KS (US)

Proscoworkers aside the organization and the systematic flow of all production was impressive.

ConsThe majority of their work force is contracted which tends to create some tension among employees and contract personnel.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead! Do not hide in the shadows and pretend that it will all just disappear

Very good

ProsGood learning opportunities & work environment

Consslow growth opportunities, salary hikes are very limited

Quality

ProsThe company pays very competitively

ConsPressure to meet scheduled shipments

Best Company to work for

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGrowth wise its too good, you can learn lot

ConsOnly concern about management, Most of the technical teams are managed by non technical people so gap is happening between them

Review

Technology Specialist (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsBest company to work with. Free meals and free cab.
    Best HR policies. Best compensations and hike at least 17 percent per annum.

ConsIJP is not an easy process.

Honeywell TSI OK, but a little sad

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Greenbelt, MD (US)

ProsHTSI is a small part of the huge Honeywell International company. Honeywell International is a well-run company with good stock and good benefits and all the bells and whistles. HTSI used to be called Bendix Field Engineering which was absorbed by Allied-Signal who later bought Honeywell (and took the Honeywell name for themselves). Really good people and relaxed atmosphere.

ConsHTSI seems to have lost a lot of its spirit as the distance from Bendix days has widened. It used to be a company that had a purpose -- supporting NASA ground tracking stations, but that business mostly died and HTSI didn't seem to have the talent to move from engineering services into real engineering; the place was full of managers and "procedure experts". Then another company won/stole the NASA ground station contract and knocked the wind out. I don't think of it as an engineering (software or hardware) firm; it is just very good at technology management -- at least the part of HTSI that I knew. They have government top secret work and, God knows, maybe the engineering is good there.

Advice to Senior ManagementTimes have changed and ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Purge the company of the old and if you have to succeed by moving away from engineering and into management, then do it! I think you will do very well because Honeywell International has great business practices to base everything on.

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!