Honeywell

3.2
1,821 Reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote
David M. Cote

Pros
  • Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though) (in 149 reviews)

• Great opportunity to learn new technologies if you are in the right project (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is tough in HR - many roles require hours well beyond a 40 hour work week (in 53 reviews)

• Upper management has self interests which over ride over all consideration for company (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Great experience working at Honeywell. Loved the people.

Current Employee - Contracts Administrator in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Contracts Administrator in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for... made lots of great friends, great benefits and pay.

Cons

Overworked at times and some employees are overloaded while others are not.

Think more about the people under you they are overworked

Overall great experience, very friendly colleagues, very attractive salary for fresh graduates.

Former Employee - Software Design Engineer in Brno (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Software Design Engineer in Brno (Czech Republic)

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, possibility of working from home (not usual in the Czech Republic), amazing time flexibility (e.g. when finishing studies, last-minute vacantions, etc.). Free language courses, free pilot trainings.

Cons

Huge company equals too much paperwork. Approvals on everything. Must use Windows, must use Internet Explorer. Not using the latest-gratest technologies because they are not approved.

Good place to Work nice knowledgeable people

Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Torrance, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Torrance, CA (US)

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good place to Work nice knowledgeable people
    Good benefits
    Solid company
    Good online university in training program

Cons

some old buildings in Torrance
    Old office furniture (Was supposed to be upgraded the following year)

Very easy going

I have been working at Honeywell full-time

Pros

Stable employer, good salary if you can negotiate it, very flexible time, good career opportunities, can change job within the company, international working environment. Friendly environment.

Cons

While promotion opportunities are I'd say typical (or above typical!), the associated salary increase is capped, which means you should negotiate high starting salary, providing easier way up later on. Payraise thanks to performance evaluation is useles - makes too little difference.Office location is not very good.

Salary increase should be left more in the power of direct management, than HR. The 0-x% yearly increase provides no motivation factor, when 90% of employees are in the middle of the gauss curve - make it wider.

Great company but not easy to navigate through

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Despite the business unit you work for you are always in the forefront of the competition. Honeywell is global leader or second best in every industry. Remuneration is good and it increases rapidly as you engage in greater responsibilities and you commit for long term career plans within the company.

Cons

Navigating the company is not easy. Company is undergoing a big transformation - for good - and this situation results in big pressure and tensions on daily operations. Managing contradiction is an skill but if you or your direct manager do not cope with it easily you can have a painful experience.

Great Business Strategy, Great collegues, Good opportunities

Current Employee - Procurement in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Procurement in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Senior Leadership has a great pipeline of New Technology. Collegues are nice people.

Cons

While I did not earn a promotion or lateral transfer; I did far too little networking. My fifth manager gave everyone in our group perfectly average evaluations on every criteria. The other 4 managers were great. I challenged the average rating to no avail. Nine months later I got a reduction in force. Choose your battles, wisely!

When a manager gives everyone perfectly average ratings, it is a red-flag the manager may not be engaged.

Tons of overhead.

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

One of the biggest pros to the company is company match 401k and pension.

Cons

Just speaking on my personal experiences. I have to participate in an on call rotation every two week. I have an hour response time.

My advice to management would be to pay more attention to our customers and make more visits to establish a relationship with them.

Rotational Program

Current Employee - Aerospace Rotational Development Engineer in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will get to figure out what you want to do as a career by rotating through 3 different functional engineering roles, meet people your age in the program who have succeeded and moved up through the company to managerial roles, and live in a great city of young professionals excelling in life. It's a good salary (I've heard higher elsewhere in full time, non-rotational roles), but it comes with a great bonus that other companies do not offer, as well as an incredible relocation package. Typically known as the "fast-track" employees who move up quickly. Company events, food truck Friday, Dave & Busters events, Employee appreciation lunches.

Cons

Unsure of where you will end up at the end of your rotation. There is typically an age gap between you and the group in your department (15-20 year gap). Health Insurance just was raised 5-8%, they lowered their contribution, got rid of vision care, and charges $1000 if you test positive for nicotine.

Good training and friendly environment

Former Employee - Black Belt in Golden Valley, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Black Belt in Golden Valley, MN (US)

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

the best of the training and good understanding of customers and the Company itself. They are not control freak so you can give ideas and innovate. The changes sometimes are not very clear but the customer focus is clear.

Cons

Narrow possibility to a better position, a lot of people with seniority, so if you want to scale positions its kind of hard. The compensation is average to the market and the perks are below market. If you are in HR or IT the possibilities for a better position are even worst.

Senior Program Manager

Former Employee - Project Lead in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Project Lead in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A good company with a lot of opportunities for the initiated. All effort is taken to ensure that interesting work flows down to the engineers.

Cons

Process adaptation are at times blind and may not be tailored for the project needs. Going back to the black boards (rather white boards) in this digital era is non value adding

Walk the talk. Ensure pockets of dissatisfactions are addressed as and when it crops up