Honeywell Reviews

3.2
1,770 Reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote
David M. Cote

Pros
  • Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though) (in 147 reviews)

• Work environment is not very stressful and mostly you can choose your own projects (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • Very poor work / life balance, 70 hour weeks the norm lately (in 51 reviews)

• Upper management has self interests which over ride over all consideration for company (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Best

Current Employee - Engineer in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Honeywell as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Work Culture, HR Policy and Team

Cons

There are no Perks and Health Benefits for contractor

None

Don't expect to get a good raise unless you threaten to quit

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Mississauga, ON
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Honeywell as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Good people. Interesting work if you can get a full-time roll in the area you desire

Cons

Sometimes you feel like just a number. Management doesn't have time for you. If you want to work hard, but your manager doesn't have enough time for you, you may need to find other areas in the company where you can contribute.

Don't expect to get a raise or get paid well unless you find another opportunity and threaten to quit. They were willing to double my salary as I was leaving the company. That was one of the reasons I never looked back. I knew I would have to beg every time I wanted a raise. They would have held on to me if they had been pro-active about stating my value and giving me a raise.

Some managers are very incompetent.

Some managers, not all, need to devote more time to new employees who want to work hard and have meaningful work. I don't like being bored and waiting around for tasks. I ended up speaking to other employees and managers and finding work that I could do. That work was more useful and meaningful to the company. All this time my manager was nowhere in site. Also, when I asked for a better role, there wasn't one available, so I had to reach outside of my job description to feel like I contributed value. Of course I completed my primary job, that was always a priority, but I wanted more, and there was no structure around to support it.

Technical lead

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for lots of training and courses , great benefits

Cons

Long hours , lots of travel , time off polices

Great company to learn business

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Montreal, QC
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Montreal, QC

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Global exposure
    Limitless opportunities for growth
    Appreciates the good effort
    Good pay
    Flexible hours

Cons

Extended working hours
    Constant pressure
    Tight department budgets

Never a dull moment!

Former Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Honeywell has good focus on delivering services to satisfy client requirements. The work is challenging and interesting. Team members were fun to work with even in difficult client situations. Good work experience for college/university students.

Cons

Project delivery requires additional staff to deliver on commitments. Given tight deadlines it is difficult to acquire training before, during or after deployment.

Overworked and under paid

I worked at Honeywell

Pros

Work was challenging and learned lots as a first engineering job out of University. Mississauga Ontario site was nice and people were friendly.

Cons

Company only care about the stockholders and don't give a damn about the actual employees that do the work. Pay is not competitive with other aerospace companies and definitely lower than other industries for engineers in Ontario. Raises and promotions are also slow and hard to come by. Company will hold you at as low a pay as they can until you threaten to leave. Health insurance benefit is crap, compared to other companies in Ontario. Car parking lacked security and thefts do occur in broad daylight.

Company only do hockey and golf which is only enjoyed by upper management, totally weeds out majority of other employees interested in other extracurricular activities.

No longer a good company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is good, but good luck getting a decent raise.

Cons

The company is top heavy at the corporate level. At individual sites, they run with the minimum number of employees possible. Everybody wears multiple hats. Everything gets done in a mediocre way. Nothing gets done well because you are always in a rush to get to the next fire.

Local management are yes men to the US corporate team. All sites are not held to the same standards. US locations can get away with more push back than Canadian sites, even when it comes to safety.

All management (local and corporate) like to read out the rules, but fail to follow these same rules themselves.

Management is not honest or ethical when it comes to reviews. You can refute what is said, but they say that once they have entered their reviews into the system they cannot be changed. They will not even put in addendums even when their is physical proof.

HOS is a huge burden to small locations. There is minimal benefit to the site, but the costs are huge. It is all about "metrics" that time is spent on compiling, but are not used to better the location.

CEO is too overpaid and not worth the cost.

Good company, but...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good friendly environment and nice people. I would say the pay/benefits were slightly above industry average. Overall nice company to work at

Cons

Doesn't spend enough money on QA, too much emphasis on project/sales and not enough on support. Because support doesn't generate the $$$ on the books, they rather do patch work style support and ask for $$$ everytime

Upper management uses recession as excuse to fire people. In one meeting they tell you how much the company is making, the next they tell you more people are being laidoff.

no place for growth

Current Employee - Supply Chain in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

people friendly and easy going

Cons

management too short term vision

walk the talk

It was a pretty adequate experience

Former Employee - HVAC Mechanic in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - HVAC Mechanic in Toronto, ON

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Steady amounts of work, somewhat predictable and pretty good pay

Cons

You will be on call alot

Make sure not to choose people who cut corners and please don't outsource jobs