Honeywell

3.2 1,449 reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote

David M. Cote

1,449 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though)"
    in 103 reviews
  • "Good compensation package and work environment, when US Govt market was good"
    in 65 reviews
Cons:
  • "People are biased sometimes based on region, at times it will spoil your work life balance"
    in 41 reviews
  • "upper management doesn't involve itself in employee betterment"
    in 38 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good to company to work with.

Senior Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than 3 years

ProsContinuous Learning and compensation. Work Culture

ConsInternal politics within team and benefits cut-offs

Changing working view

General Production Supervisor (Current Employee)
Ploieşti (Romania)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than a year

ProsHoneywell it is a big company, using an internal system that have many useful reporting tools.

ConsHoneywell is like family. It is a place with high leading potential, skilled people, open to apply new solution.

Advice to Senior ManagementCoaching system in Honeywell make people better.

Mixed feelings...love job, hate benefits!

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat coworkers and good stock price. Good 401k program. Making great strides in technology available to employees.

ConsHealth benefits are terrible!! Company switched to a high deductible plan a couple of years ago...that's ok. The problem is the premiums are still high and keep going up! I pay @450 a month and still have to pay 100% out of pocket until $3000 deductible met. Then I still have to pay 20% of everything after that!!

Advice to Senior ManagementIf going to keep high deductible insurance plan, need to reduce monthly premiums.

As a Developer from Honeywell

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 5 years

ProsJob security is good in Honeywell

ConsImbalanced Pay scale and unclear road maps

Advice to Senior ManagementImbalanced pay scale and perks to avoided

good company to work with, but not for beginners

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 3 years

Prosrelaxed environment, lots of learning, good and helping people

Consupper management doesn't involve itself in employee betterment.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. If you company is targeted for acquisition....RUN!

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros401K program is good. Vacation time is good

ConsProcess, process, process. That good 401K plan still is not back up to full match since it was cut during the recession. I am always so busy that I do not fully enjoy my vacation time worrying about the things I need to be doing at work. So much for the pros.

Our CEO goes on media outlets talking about how the US needs more engineers, but the mandate is no new hires in the US. Hypocrite. Our site is asked to grow by rather large amounts each year. We are doing it, but no additional help. The production workers have been working unsustainable amounts of overtime for far too long. Everyone you bump into (including myself) looks like the company has broken them.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop adding new layers to upper management, cut the process overhead and let your people come to work and do the good job that they want to do.

Lots of open opportunities all over the world... But look out for outsourcing.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than a year

ProsI was lucky enough to have one of the best supervisors around but other managers (both above my supervisor and within our plant) that were around were not nearly as good. It's a good company to grow in depending on the work that you do. Since they are global there can be opportunities to travel and work in a variety of locations. The vacation package is good and the availability of overtime really helped.

ConsMoney. You don't get paid enough to do your job so I had to rely on overtime to help make ends meet. The company can be cheap, not only with the pay but also with jobs as our plant was closed and outsourced to Mexico. The benefits are horrible and I decided to opt out of the medical plan because it costs too much.

OK in transition - not a long timer

Customer & Product Support Senior Technical Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood company in general to work for. work life balance is good the wage is good but the benefits are mostly gone from what they were...

ConsThe outsourcing of labor is rampant... don't expect to stay long because Honeywell is not in the employment or people business... they are all about the big cheese in NY and Jersey getting bonuses and stripping every nickle from the associates for the stock holders...

Advice to Senior ManagementTry being humble... don't forget where you came from and the country laws you operate under...

Honeywell Culture

Lead Systems Integration Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat place to work, you will gain a lot of knowledge and training. There is plenty room for advancement in one choices to move up. Also, Honeywell is recognize as as solid company, those who leave are generally looked append by other companies as a person who has potential

ConsLayoff are abundant. Honeywell, on the other hand does not refer to them as layoff, but rather reorgs. Meaning, they will restructure (reduce jobs), then have you apply for your own job. So you'll have say, 100 people applying for 50 jobs. Those who do not land a job, are let go.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou must be recognised amongst your upper managers. They will not promote you unless they know you. Basically, when a posting goes up for a new job, they already know who will fill in.

Decent pay, but...

CBA Employee (Current Employee)
Jacksonville, FL (US)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than a year

ProsHoneywell is a company that offers decent pay and good benefits. Stable employment with a government contract. Offers ample vacation time and paid holidays.

ConsDo not get your vacation time until you have been there for a year. There are also supervisors that are not qualified in the area that they are supervising which leads to a frustrating work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer unpaid vacation hours prior to the first year anniversary so that the employees do not feel trapped when something comes up beyond their control.

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!

Honeywell Videos

Honeywell – Why Work for Us?

Honeywell's global customers, broad range of industries and innovative technologies combine to offer you dynamic career opportunities with tremendous growth potential in more than 100 countries worldwide. Your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Honeywell reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Honeywell CEO David M. Cote. All 1,449 reviews are posted anonymously by Honeywell employees.