Honda of America Mfg.

Updated 19 February, 2015
Updated 19 February, 2015
3.3

Tomomi Kosaka

Pros
  • Overall the pay and benefits are good for the area that they employ from (in 8 reviews)

• Honda is a great company to work for they have great benefits and retirement also you make good pay with this company (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Even some of the other comments here seem to confirm that the Work-Life balance is pretty bad (in 4 reviews)

• Hard workers are scorned by management because they may never have worked the floor (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Anna Engine Plant, Anna Ohio

Former Employee - Associate in Anna, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Associate in Anna, OH (US)

I worked at Honda of America Mfg. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Clean and safe work environment. Bonus pay for Holidays, attendance, and suggestions for improving work place safety.

Cons

Temporary employees will get priority to go to first shift, which means bumping you off of first even if your there for 10 + years.

All the employees make the assembly lines work, ensure that they ALL are treated as equals. One department is not more important than the others.

Started as temp, now full-time.

Current Employee - Full Time Associate in Marysville, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Full Time Associate in Marysville, OH (US)

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

Excellent paying job, benefits, many opportunities for promotion. You just have to work and stay focused on your career goals.

Cons

Too many chiefs running around with no clue on what they're doing. Top out pay won't be reached for new hires until after 8 years. Too many temps on 1st shift so expect to be on 2nd shift for a long time.

Trim down management and remeber who is actually making the profit for Honda. The line associates, not managers behind a desk.

Horrible Human Resources that are Clueless

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

Company is in Marysville. I am Glad Ohio has continued to allow such places to do business.

Cons

Nobody cares what Honda can avoid and figure out, they just want safe people and cars.

I have dealt with Honda over the years from time to time along my career. I have come to the conclusion that everything people has warned me about is true. Being an optimist, I have attended college and gained experience since 1995 that every other company knows how to deal with besides Honda. Over the years (Like Recalls hiding in the background) there has been many policies that Honda has implemented; So called lottery systems, not having experience ect that is not worth over two years of your life. What will you do, if you think about Honda and give Honda your time for goals and they don't come through? There is an alarming rate of felons that work at Honda, therefore I feel embarrassed to put too much time into a drama based hiring system. Honda complains it cannot find suitable workers, yet most of its workers are temps, contractors and Co-ops. Honda is closing in on itself and it doesn't look so fresh anymore, as a matter of fact the recalls and the poor quality due to silly assumptions are causing many to question why they are putting so much time into a place that doesn't know what kind of workers there are in Ohio. I have seen Honda first hand. The management is so arrogant that it is plausible that they have no clue about recalls causing deaths and this is very evident because there are TVs broadcasting why they cant make faulty Airbags anymore.

The plant is dirty and un accounted for, there are people walking around on power trips from star wars, and that isnt enough to call in all the Talent from Ohio. Honda has a huge turnover, and it has a problem with listening to people. Every single worker and management, HR is the same, and almost everyone I talk to has an attitude problem, in which they take advantage of every person they talk to. This means Honda will continue to build cars that cause fatalities.
    Nobody from Honda will listen to how something went wrong, they dont care. They all expect somebody to do the work for them. I like work like the next guy, but Honda is not worth all the trouble.

Cars and roof racks and boats in freezong Ohio defeats the purpose for Honda to portray the poor workmanship in attitude it displays. It has a plant in Ohio and that plant has caused faulty cars to kill people, and blamed it on takata when I know for certain they have known since 2011 about their Airbag recalls. This is the same way they treat people.
    In my book Honda is a company, but not one I am proud of. In addition to ruining many marriges, and puposely sabotaging every person who has worked at their suppliers (Telling them they have no experience) and all the stories that continue to erupt from that factory, nobody has come up with a solution. Honda just get more upset and mad at things it could not see and be responsible for.

You make me sick

Engineer

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

Great benefits, good hands on experience

Cons

Pay is not competitive, poor continuing education incentives.

Introduce programs that are aimed at keeping young engineers

Quality Operations

Current Employee - Quality
    Current Employee - Quality

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent job stability and fiscal management. Great union-free culture for manufacturing industry.

Cons

Executive opportunities / compensation not equivalent to similar companies

Internship

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in East Liberty, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in East Liberty, OH (US)

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

It's a really friendly work environment if you make it that way. They really take care of they're interns from relocation expenses to housing. The work in parts quality would probably lean more towards the business side of engineering. Responsibilties consist of containment of parts issues and working with parts suppliers to find countermeasures. No one is going to hold your hand though, you have to be self motivated and find work. It's a great place to make what you want out of it. Overall a great place to work.

Cons

Little direction at first, felt like I was being tested to see how self motivated I was. Not a lot of engineering knowledge required. Can get redundant at times.

A little more direction to new hires to get the ball rolling per say.

Honda of America Manufacturing - Engineering Staff

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

Good job security and professional environment to work in. Great exposure to the Honda Way and Honda's philosophy. Benefits are a definite plus.

Cons

Organizationally flat structure which can make movement within the company tough at some times. Many old associates retiring which could cause a knowledge gap from loss of experience

Leverage young engineers within company.

Purchasing Coordinator

Former Employee - Purchasing Coordinator in Marysville, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Purchasing Coordinator in Marysville, OH (US)

I worked at Honda of America Mfg. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company provides you the opportunity to grow with the company. The medical benefits, 401k and vacation are one of the best.

Cons

One of the downsides at times working for Honda is the amount of overtime, which is necessary to get your job done. You are compensated for it!

Leadership needs to be aware of the younger associates an their lack of providing clear direction.

Good place to grow.

Current Employee - Assembly Associate in Marysville, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Assembly Associate in Marysville, OH (US)

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay, Good benefits, good people.

Cons

Physically demanding, fast paced. Bad food.

Overtime.