Hershey Entertainment

Add Photos

Ted Kleisner

Hospitality Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe hospitality internship program, offered in summers provides great exposure to different departments.

ConsThe opportunities to continue on with company following internship are hit or miss.

Fun place to work and make friends

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosget to work around friends

ConsYour supervisors are sometimes younger than you are.

Advice to Senior Managementstop only giving good shifts to your friends and not rotating through the whole department

Conservative Company

ProsLots of positive and great people to work with across all departments.
    Lots of internal promotion opportunities.

ConsVery conservative.
    Hiring process takes a very long time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

BEWARE OF HERSHEY PARK

Sweeps (Former Employee) Hershey, PA (US)

Pros2 years in a row of going to try and work at hershey park . Last year my son was left in the street while i was at work and they didnt care. This year they said they would work around my custody order and didnt. Anyone going to go work there think before you do because they under pay and dont care about there employees. DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT THEY TELL YOU THEY DONT CARE.

Consunder payed and dont care about there employee situations in life

Advice to Senior Managementhershey needs to take a hard look who they promote in there departments there. And put the rite people in charge to make the park better for the guests and employees

Good job for high school locals

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood hours, free park tickets, friendly supervisors, get to operate large roller coasters.

ConsLong hours, some rides are very boring to operate,

Nice place to work, overall everyone is very friendly, but a very conservative, buttoned up environment

Sales (Former Employee) Hershey, PA (US)

Pros- great people
    - knowledgeable (depending on department)
    - nice exposure to leadership (also depending on department), some leadership also very approachable
    - pretty steady hours, in sales department anyway
    - free pack of tickets to the park, great if you have family

Cons- pretty conservative work environment, even for hospitality industry
    - would like to see more opportunity for growth, not just promoting based on longevity
    - medical benefits changed for the worse right as i was leaving

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up a bit on some of the dress code policies and other policies that may be a bit out of date for the times, even in the hospitality industry. Suit and tie is great, but can be highly uncomfortable during certain times of year and as long as your look presentable, even clients won't know the difference. Would also be great to see some sort of rotational program, offer mentors/career counselors to more than just more senior leadership. Overall very happy to have worked here and with the people I was able to meet.

Sweet place to work, but not best paying

Entertainment Host (Former Employee) Hershey, PA (US)

ProsIt was a fun place to work with a lot of interesting people. The Hershey company prides itself with encouraging fun, memory-making guests interactions...which unfortunately the guests are not always open to. It was a fun summer job in between college.

ConsPay was not even minimum wage at times, not a lot of room for promotions, management was inconsistent about protocols

Few options for full-time employment

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Hershey, PA (US)

ProsGenerally, staff is friendly and a few of the perks are nice.

ConsCompany primarily hires part-time employees who receive no benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdhere to Milton Hershey's philosophy that happy workers are more productive.

intern

Food and Beverage (Current Employee)

Prosgood people and good resume builder

Consit is not really much of an internship and more of a spot filler for hershey's busy season

Advice to Senior Managementplease teach interns what its like to be a manager and don't just use them to fill spots.

Neutral

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hershey, PA (US)

ProsThe company offers its part-time employees good benefits

ConsManagement is totally disconnected and needs to value part time employees more. Total lack of respect from upper management when it comes to the dignity and value of each person.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow that you truly care about the people in your company who are the reason for your paycheck each month

Worked for Hershey Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!