Henry Schein

www.henryschein.com
Employer Engaged

Not a good idea

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I worked at Henry Schein full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are scraps of left over lunch most days. Very busy job, so day goes by fast

Cons

No communication, no home life balance for anyone other than the executives, lack of leadership, dishonest executive team, technology is barely there. Not a company to grow in.

Embrace change....lots of it.

Good for 2-3 years max, salaries are wayyyy below market, a sales & mktg company run by CPA's, lawyers and finance geeks

Former Employee - Marketing Guru in Melville, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing Guru in Melville, NY (US)

I worked at Henry Schein full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good experience in your 20's, very stable industries aligned with global macro healthcare trends. Tons of cash, good 401k plan match, and generally a pleasant place to work with some real nice people. Schein is a place where there are not a lot of the typical "jerks" that you find in other companies. Not high stress, good work/life balance.

Cons

Salaries are very under market for Long Island, and all LI companies know Schein sucks for comp. It's a recruiters dream to poach good talent! If you are young, come in and do 2-3 years AT MAX otherwise you will be digging out of the salary gap for the rest of your career. Schein is a Sales & Marketing company run entirely by CPA's and finance geeks - if you're in Marketing Strategy you will be amazed there's not one single executive with any proven Marketing accomplishments. They hoard cash, make acquisitions, and cut expenses to show profit. If you're a VP - welcome to the good life! This company is so overweight on VP's and Directors. Most companies axe VP's when performance sucks, but Schein? Nope, you're golden for life! Instead, they squeeze the lower levels with crappy raises and under-market salaries. The 3rd floor is a boys club with the same few people in Stan's inner circle moving up each year. They have a wake up call coming with Amazon coming into the dental market - the boys on the 3rd floor aren't gonna like it when they see what it's like to make 10 points on everything!

Clear out the useless droves of VP's and your employees will respect you a lot more. In a sales and marketing company, create a culture where you can actually use a bathroom without hitting a CPA. Be ready for Amazon, it's gonna hurt!

Good Benefits, Call Center Tech (unusable)

Current Employee - Remote Support Technician in Arlington, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Remote Support Technician in Arlington, TX (US)

I have been working at Henry Schein full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Outstanding benefits. The PPO here is ridiculously awesome. You get a lot of benefits no matter what your salary is.

Cons

Tech Central is a call center first and foremost. They do technology second. If you're just getting into the industry then this is good for you, if you have experience then I would be cautious. TC does not incentivise getting certifications that are industry standard. Instead, you're encouraged to get Dell certifications. While they're important for the company - they will not help your career whatsoever

Invest in these employees specifically. Not only do they act as loss prevention but they create an environment around your customers of trust. Stay away from the call center mentality when mixing with I.T. Customers consider I.T. a complex process and want to speak to professionals, hiring on a call center mentality will get you short of nowhere.

Assisting field staff with hardware/software purchasing issues and assisting Level 3 support technicians with Windows re

Current Employee - Technology Sales Specialist in Arlington, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Technology Sales Specialist in Arlington, TX (US)

I have been working at Henry Schein full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ability to learn hardware related information

Cons

I am a salaried employee that get my pay cut if my hours are shorten but get no extra pay when my duties go into my personal time.

My advice is to make the job hourly so that the pay reflects the work done and the employee is not left working for free.

Committed to excellent customer service

Current Contractor - Certified Trainer in American Fork, UT (US)
    Current Contractor - Certified Trainer in American Fork, UT (US)

I have been working at Henry Schein as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are many opportunities to improve your skills and advance in your field

Cons

There needs to be more benefits offered for loyalty and retention.

Management should look closer at those willing to work hard and want to stay with the company, not just at those who say what they want to hear.

Field Sales Consultant

Current Employee - Dental Field Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Dental Field Sales Consultant

I have been working at Henry Schein full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Growing industry, Great Company, and training and support

Cons

difficult territories sometimes, management in my particular center became unbearable to work with

Cultural values emphasized only pertains to folks within operations, all senior staff is out for themselves

I worked at Henry Schein full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

PTO, well used to be!!!!

Cons

Anyone who gets hired by the 3rd floor has an advantage of doing as they please. No cultural values as emphasized by the organization. Double standards. Refusal to accept responsibility when projects go awry. Poor pay when compared to other industries and competitors. Terrible benefits. Gets worse every year. Alot of secrets and gossips.....uneducated staff with high pay!!!!!!!

Stop worrying about your stock options and pay importance to the operations teams.

Good company

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Henry Schein full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good opportunities and has good values

Cons

Not many levels of advancement

Doing a good job in training and development

Henry Schein as a company cares about their employees and is fair in their compensation and benefits.

Former Employee - Market Research Analyst in American Fork, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Market Research Analyst in American Fork, UT (US)

I worked at Henry Schein full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Henry Schein is a strong company that offers an appealing package of benefits to its employees. The people I worked with were also reasonable in their expectations not over working or burning out the employees.

Cons

The company is big and has a corporate environment so some things are slow moving and there is sometimes excessive red tape and hoops to jump through to get things done. There is also a certain amount of politics involved with moving up in the ranks.

Allow some divisions some autonomy to call the shots on things they want to do to help the customer and explore new ideas.

Excellent company

I worked at Henry Schein

Pros

excellent company to work for - great opportunities for advancement

Cons

because it is a big company you "can" get lost in the mix

Henry Schein Photos